Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Alice Vedral Rivera Alice Vedral Rivera Female, 64, United States (6/18/2013 8:20:00 AM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Thank you Angie. The poem was actually inspired by an abstract painting and the fact that I had been away from my honey for 2 weeks and still had a week to go before I would be home. Because I was in my favorite city, Prague, each day there was 'brand' new as I get to visit for a short time once every few years. It was raining when I wrote the poem, and looking at the painting and my state of heart, I felt the word 'tears' was appropriate.

Most of my poems are very personal to me even those that are inspired by outside influences such as a visual (painting, photo, nature, etc.) , a word overheard, a scent, a taste or the feel of an object or event. They stem from a seed deep inside me based on my continually changing perspective of some real experience in my life. That stem then grows and morphs into a completed poem, colored by time, mellowing or sharpening into shapes that often surprise me.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lamont Palmer Rookie - 1st Stage (6/18/2013 6:28:00 PM) Post reply

A fine explanation of your creative process, Alice. Poetry probably comes from deeper places than any other type of writing. -LP

[Hata Bildir]