Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Scarborough Gypsy Female, 37, Australia (4/1/2005 7:52:00 PM)

Hi,

I am replying on the subject of poetry.com. I entered a competition on their and submitted a poem (before finding PH) and just last week I received a letter telling me that I had been selected as a semi finalist and would automatically be entered into the final draw. They went on to say that my poem was also going to be in an anthology and would have an entire page to itself. I do not have to pay for this but if I want to add a bio I would have to pay for that. They sent me a draft of the layout of my poem and I was able to edit anything I was not happy with. Then they offered me to purchase the anthology at a discounted price. I haven't put an order in as yet but I was of course tempted to.

Kind regards
Gypsy

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• ***** ***** (4/3/2005 5:30:00 AM) Post reply

Gypsy,

I entered something on their site a long time ago and (surprise, surprise) I too was selected as an honoured poet... don't bother with it.. they're only profiting from a writer's need to be loved.

Sxx

[Hata Bildir]