Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Lare Austin Male, 64, United States (3/29/2005 9:42:00 AM)

Hi...for whatever my opinion is worth (and I say that with much humbleness) ...I've been reading a lot of poetry from many of the poets on this site recently and I must say that it...well, most of it...is very, very good. Many and diverse styles...many stories and messages are written in very unique styles and I am delighted and amazed of the immense talent this site possesses. I applaud you all...all of you...for contributing your poetry and story telling for me to read here. It is like having a top poetry library right here on my computer...it doesn't get much better than this. I thank you all for letting me be a part of this very special poetry site/world...and to be able to share my poetry with you all as well. I say this quite sincerely. I salute you all for the poetry you contribute here. I know we have our differences but, hey, that's what makes us all special individuals. That is what makes our poetry our own. It is what we give of our own. And, hopefully, it will touch someone else who will like it...perhaps identify with it in some small way...perhaps even appreciate it in thier own private way. All I want to say is...Thank You...for sharing and letting me share as well. This is a good place to be because of all of you. Keep it flowing...

Just me, Lare

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie ***** ***** (3/29/2005 9:29:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

You have voiced what every budding, fledgling, born and mature poet should like to say. THIS is what poetry should be about.. learning, awe of language, respect of one another... etc... and, the truth of words. Thank you, Sxx

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (3/29/2005 4:43:00 PM) Post reply

Good for you, Lare. A very generous statement and what we all hope newcomers to the site feel about the work here (and there are quite a few of them...) .

What I'd like on this forum is to find a subject about the actual writing of poetry that we all would feel interested to contribute to... any suggestions?

• Rookie Janice M Pickett (3/29/2005 1:23:00 PM) Post reply

Lare..as usual you kindness, sensitivity, passion and pure reason, shines through. This was the ideal and as it should have been.
    It has been very unfortunate that the Karma was rocked so badly in the way it was. I no longer post here. I have created a poetry site which cannot be tampered with and where messages are emailed directly by the person making the comments, to the poet. The site has only been up 2 days and already has over 100 viewers. I will still be a member here but that is all. My work is safer on the other site.
    You are a true spirit. I have great admiration for you.

Hugs
    Jan

• Rookie Lenchen Elf (3/29/2005 10:17:00 AM) Post reply

A heartfelt and sincere thank you Lare,
    all the very very best
    L

[Hata Bildir]