Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie - 898 Points Mike Acker (10/11/2014 6:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Speaking of Jupiter, Mandolyn.......Nasim as reply

Replies for this message:
    • Mandolyn ... (10/12/2014 8:01:00 PM) Post reply

is this a scavenger hunt? should i be packing a winter coat and some goldfish crackers? let me write down those numbers and check with my yin/yang gang to make sure they are legit. brb =)

• Professor Plum (10/11/2014 7:59:00 PM) Post reply

After posting my last one, I really READ this poem for real. OH MY GOD, Acker! This might be your worst poem ever. Please! ! ! ! take a poetry lesson at your local community college! I have NEVER rea ... more

• Mike Acker (10/11/2014 6:57:00 PM) Post reply

Nasim If you leave earth on Friday, June 1st, 2018, at six pm, to be exact, and head for the king of gods, by Monday, at three sixteen p.m., you will reach Jupiter. Follow, precisel4y, the ... more

To read all of 4 replies click here
  • Rookie - 898 Points Mike Acker (10/11/2014 5:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

What else are you going to dare me to post, Plumface? As you can see I have no shame in posting my poetry.
    Now I would like to ask Sherrie von Gonzalez to post her Tribute To Momma, and for Monty the Mule to post his Tribute to Alan Prell.
    Please, I would love a good laugh.

• Rookie - 898 Points Mike Acker (10/11/2014 12:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Inside The Mind Of An Outsider as reply.........

• Professor Plum (10/11/2014 7:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I'm going to give you my thoughts on all of it. I'm going to give it some serious thought too......Okay, here goes, it s*cks.

• Mandolyn ... (10/11/2014 2:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i'm going to give you my thoughts on the last half if i were writing this i would say: they are sad for sadness it hasn't reached them yet and we're two stars passing in the night thei ... more

• Mike Acker (10/11/2014 12:31:00 PM) Post reply

Inside The Mind Of An Outsider I am here, inside the outside. I have been here for a while, now. You never know exactly when, or how it comes about, but none of that matters, anyhow. The k ... more

To read all of 4 replies click here
  • Silver Star - 8,859 Points Mohammad Skati (10/11/2014 11:58:00 AM) Post reply

A long, long time ago any poet was considered as a spokesman or as mouthpiece for his folks or for his tribe. Poetry is very important in conveying certain messages at anytime. We can, through writing poetry, conveying a lot of pretty messages to different people global. Thanks.

• Rookie - 898 Points Mike Acker (10/11/2014 11:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Here is a list of people who I believe are unbiased when critiquing:

- Mike Acker
    - Jefferson Carter
    - Peter Stavropolous
    - Jimm Hogg
    - Mandolyn
    - Dan Reynolds
    - John Westlake(yes, hard to believe)
    - Gulsher John
    - Jim Crawford
    - Adam Snow
    - did I mention Mike Acker?
    - to anyone else I may have missed, please come forward!

So, if you are not on the above list, I consider you to be an immature individual who cannot suspend his or her personal feelings about a poet while critiquing his or her poem. The three most notorious, and childish individuals on here are Monty The Mule and his sidekick The Dogg(aka Professor Plum) , and their streaker, Sherrie Von Gonzalez Kolb.

• Professor Plum (10/11/2014 7:35:00 PM) Post reply

That wasn't me, that was the other Plum. He is loose. Take your meds, other Plum!

• Professor Plum (10/11/2014 7:20:00 PM) Post reply

Acker, can I be REALLY unbiased here?I mean really really really UNBIASED?Okay, here goes. You s*ck.

• Rookie - 680 Points Gulsher John (10/11/2014 11:28:00 AM) Post reply

The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.

D.H. Lawrence, Studies in Classic American Literature

• Rookie - 576 Points Dan Reynolds (10/11/2014 5:27:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I have just spent twenty minutes laughing my arse off. Why?what was so funny?I've been pressing the play button on the videos attached to my poems. The poor pronunciation, inflection and emotion make my funny odes even funnier. the female voice also adds to the fray. LMFAO.

• Mandolyn ... (10/12/2014 8:04:00 PM) Post reply

i'm kinda miffed they keep attaching them to my poems when i clearly click the NO audio box. the only audio i want to hear are horses hooves in the distance and a shot gun and a lot of shot guns a ... more

• Diane Hine (10/11/2014 7:11:00 AM) Post reply

out of the mouths of machines our poems baulk and roll like so many turkeys and lemons

• Rookie - 176 Points metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/11/2014 12:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This one always gets to me:

• metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/11/2014 12:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their ... more

• Rookie - 176 Points metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/11/2014 12:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Tull, as a reply:

• metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/11/2014 1:33:00 AM) Post reply

Hiya, Frank! Hope all's well with you, too. :) Anywho, the esteemed Mr. Anderson has been at the top of my heap for decades, although he has been (at least, temporarily) supplanted by my new guitar ... more

• Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr (10/11/2014 1:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hey Jim...How's trix?! Hope all is fine and healthy in your world....Well, as a 40+ years Tull fanatic, allz' I can say to your posting of the above is: Awesome lyrics, band, album from which this t ... more

• metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (10/11/2014 12:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day Meanwhile back in the year One, when you belonged to no-one, you didn't stand a chance son, if your pants were undone. 'Cause you were bred for h ... more

• Rookie - 380 Points Adam M. Snow (10/10/2014 9:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

You should never be ashamed of poetry, even if it's bad, at least you're expressing what you're feeling. Even if the words are a bit shallow, it's the emotions that gives it power. That is poetry.

• Jefferson Carter (10/11/2014 11:58:00 AM) Post reply

Actually, if your poetry is bad, you should be ashamed of it and NOT post it anywhere. Poetry is an art form, not a sewer for emotional spewings.

[Hata Bildir]