Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/17/2005 12:18:00 AM) Post reply Stage

There is an exception to this JA. The velocity makes all the difference.
    Imagine a circle. Accelerate an object on the circular track. It will (following several Newton's and one of Tippelbruder's laws) stay on track until the velocity gets too big for its britches, or knickers.
    You then could compare the outcome to 'going off on a tangent', which was what happened to the quarterdeck from Yorkshire, whose circular speed was suddenly increased by our own master of ceremonies, Emilie. May Ye Gods keep their kind eyes on her.
    Talking about donations to the Alma Mater, how does one go about that?
    Anyone know?
    H

• Jeffrey Spahr-Summers (3/16/2005 10:23:00 PM) Post reply Stage

What goes around comes around!

Sorry for the cliche, but it is true!

• Lare Austin (3/16/2005 10:17:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Herbert...I didn't know you had your own homepage...where is it? I'd love to take a look at it.

And as far as Poetry hound goes...well...

Just me, Lare

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/16/2005 8:54:00 PM) Post reply Stage

RC are you saying I could use the post-nominals GOB forthwith?
    H

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/16/2005 8:50:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I remember now, while visiting my good friend Professor Hemptenschneider in Florida, he had just been approached by what he calls 'eternal' student X re
    a recent examination problem.
    The name George Dubya came up as well.
    RC, you need to write more prose. I love it.
    H

• Robert Rorabeck (3/16/2005 8:49:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Everyone! There's a reason why sometimes over 50 people visit H. Nehrlich's homepage in a day- he has the uncanny ability to write poems in perfect form/ I think he may be the ghost of Baudelaire trying to play with us!

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/16/2005 8:42:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Thank you RC. That explains and puts to rest my big worrying question: Why did poetryhound suddenly withdraw his attention from my poems? Right after I made some comments that wouldn't please George W and his buddies.
    Interesting and small world.
    I am also of some antisocial persuasion in some areas, (or better anti-authority) so perhaps ABABAB points that out (AntiBush, AboveBull, Alwaysbleating)
    H

• Jeffrey Spahr-Summers (3/16/2005 8:13:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Ditto!

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/16/2005 8:11:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Well, Adrienne is right. I realise that some people can dish it out but not take it.
    If it takes two to tango that may be so, although England did a good imitation of his own crazed tango. I figure any one making excuses for a menace (who was immediately booted off by management when she saw the problem) doesn't get my attention.
    And Poetry Hound, talk about misconstruing....I may be a damn foreigner but I can see a defensive squeak when I hear it. Visual-auditory skills.
    The purpose of a forum is the exchange and the sharing of ideas. This ought to allow for spirited discussions. Those whose nerves are not up to this may be better off just being spectators.
    H

• Lenchen Elf (3/16/2005 8:06:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Adrienne...good point..onwards and upwards: -)

[Hata Bildir]