Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • ***** ***** (4/29/2005 7:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I agree with this.. but I believe the creative mind is as weak against the forces of arrogance and frailty as anything else... personally I fought against many things.. but the creative just eked itself out of what I thought had died... I think in the end it does win out, regardless of the obstacles... but it is the WAY that it outs that is the rub... your experiences may be the prism through which it comes, but it WILL come, one way or the other...

Replies for this message:
    • Michael Shepherd (4/30/2005 11:23:00 AM) Post reply

Another wayout one from me - life only makes sense for some of us who rejoice in the belief that one should live as if this life were bu one in a succession of lives - so that our previous life has se ... more

• ***** ***** (4/29/2005 8:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have mailed you on this... smile

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • ***** ***** (4/29/2005 7:40:00 PM) Post reply

The wisest man is generally he who thinks himself the least so.

• ***** ***** (4/29/2005 7:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Anna Freud once said that the creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training... what do people think on this?

Replies for this message:
    • maggie signaigo (4/29/2005 7:23:00 PM) Post reply

sonja...I would agree with this theory...and while I do believe that most any training is likely to influence or even oppress creativity, ultimately the creativity manifests itself in some manner...go ... more

• Kayla Jarnac (4/29/2005 11:22:00 AM) Post reply

probably the language... ;)

• Mary Nagy (4/29/2005 10:42:00 AM) Post reply

Also, thanks for the tip of Salma Mansoor's poem. You are right, it is a wonderful poem.

• Mary Nagy (4/29/2005 10:39:00 AM) Post reply

I agree with you poetry hound. There are lots of good poets here and I do enjoy them too. I just mentioned this cram of 'insult' poetry this morning because I feel bad for the poets that are actually posting real poems this morning and their work is being wisked off this homepage so fast people can hardly notice it and all due to fighting between certain 'adults'...it's just hard to sit back and not comment sometimes, although I do try not to comment too much. sincerely, mary

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/29/2005 9:15:00 AM) Post reply

Yes Mary, you make a good point.
    The only objection I have is that you say ....many good poets......
    I haven't seen any here.
    Even Shepherd is slipping. But we have swine here....
    H

• Mary Nagy (4/29/2005 8:04:00 AM) Post reply

Why is it so difficult to find people posting actual poetry today? It seems the majority of the 'poems' are simply slams and name-calling instead of being anything worth reading...very similar to things written by school children. With so much talent here, it would be nice to see some real poems posted. I really enjoy so many peoples 'poetry' here it seems a shame to waste so much time writing nasty comments back and forth to eachother. But, I know, it's all been said before and this fight will go to the end...enjoy!

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/29/2005 7:16:00 AM) Post reply

I have followed this with some interest but must say that none of you, including Shepherd, really do know what you are talking about. Just a thought.
    'He who hangs out with swine will be a swine before sundown.' (Juanita, maid to Hemingway for Monday, the thirteenth.

• Michael Shepherd (4/29/2005 5:33:00 AM) Post reply

Typing errors: most external, Bukowski;
    our great world into a tiny one

[Hata Bildir]