Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 5:15:00 AM) Post reply

American poet, often lumped in with Robert Frost

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 5:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

right. let's return to matters poetic instead of the nonsensical postings of Mr. 'Baxter' (read the green bit under the title 'poetics & poetry discussion' please) . has anybody got any thoughts on the 20th century poet Stevens?

Replies for this message:
    • Michael Shepherd (4/27/2005 5:46:00 AM) Post reply

his poetry and comments on poetry much admired by an American scholar,80ish, 'reviewing' my sonnets book...

• Allan James Saywell (4/26/2005 11:07:00 PM) Post reply

THERE IS A DOG GOING AROUND THE SITE PRETENDING TO BE POETRY HOUND HE BARKS
    LIKE A CHICKEN, AND DOES A COMPLETE CIRCLE BEFORE HE LAYS DOWN HE ALSO SITS
    ON HIS OWN STOOL

• ***** ***** (4/26/2005 5:48:00 PM) Post reply

A somewhat cynical use of a variation on an obscene word to avert the eyes of management... tsk

• Allan James Saywell (4/26/2005 3:47:00 PM) Post reply

has anyone come across some honeypence chickens, and the 21 votes that go with it
    it took me three minutes to write, three minutes for honeypence or whatever his name is to cry in his cup, it is a sad day when the freedom to write a poem is taken away

• Poetry Hound (4/26/2005 1:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I would be interested to hear of other poetry sites folks visit. Today I discovered the 'Modern American Poetry' site. What's interesting about it is that it includes not only poems but biographical material and critical essays about the poems, if you like that sort of thing. Some of the academic criticism is a bit much. But if you're interested in learning more about your favorite (American) poets, this is a good place. Included are Elizabeth Bishop, Sylvia Plath, Gregory Corso, W.S. Merwin, and dozens of other knowns and unknowns.
    http: //www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets.htm

• Rich Hanson (4/26/2005 9:36:00 PM) Post reply

The Academy of American Poets is a good sampler site, with capsule biographies and links to poems of the individuals that you can find on the net.

• kenneth william snow (4/26/2005 3:18:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks for the tip PH...loads of insightful criticism here. Thanks again! kenneth

• ***** ***** (4/26/2005 11:19:00 AM) Post reply

There are only a few people who write replies in UPPERCASE shouting here.. and it would be better if they didn't..?

• ***** ***** (4/26/2005 11:11:00 AM) Post reply

There are only a few people who write replies in UPPERCASE shouting here.. hmmmm

• P.O.P. Erwin Baxter (4/26/2005 10:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

while being a longstanding viewer of the site i never plucked up courage to ost work until today. hope you enjoy. my poems are usually brisk and spontaneous.
    all the best
    erwin

• ***** ***** (4/26/2005 11:00:00 AM) Post reply

Have you any spontaneous poetry about subjects other than people on this website? Surely it would be better to showcase your work in a constructive way, rather than just personal attacks? We have al ... more

• Robert Rorabeck (4/26/2005 5:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Ug- i had like 4 cups of coffee and no emails from anyone I want emailing me- I keep telling myself to stay away from poemhunter- but i keep coming back and typing things like I am right now and it's not fair that I should have to do this! I want to sleep!

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]