Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/11/2005 9:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

England I acknowledge your message but will not honour you with a reply.

• Jackson Kilroy (4/11/2005 9:11:00 PM) Post reply Stage

After reading the posts in this forum, I can't decide between pouring myself a drink, or putting a bullet in my ear.

Seriously, the exact and precise 50/50 mix of joy and exasperation I experienced was rather unique. So, thank you to all.

Love, luck, and lollipops.

- Jack

• His Homeynence Sir Peckerwood Ali (4/11/2005 7:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Mr. Saywell is clearly not interested in peace...he mocks with his 'bush' humor. His Homeynence does not approve of making light of Holy Orders.

Replies for this message:
    • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/11/2005 9:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Dear Sir Peck (is that okay) : Mr Saywell is a peaceful person. It is the other side who thought they could fool us into believeing that thye were sincere. Children could look through their game. ... more

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 6:17:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Also want to do a series of poems on why woman cant be pope, could anyone help me out, some material would help

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 6:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

who was the poet who did a series of poems on hitler and he was crucified
    for it, could anyone help me with this question

• Poetry Hound (4/11/2005 6:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Top Ten Reasons For Lenchen Elf’s Departure

10. Became incensed at Mark Fry’s sissy peace treaty efforts.
    9. Got fed up with Richard Hanson and Michael Shephard constantly badgering her for adding to the incendiary climate.
    8. Went to start her own poetry website and pretend it was created by someone else who merely asked her to post her poetry there.
    7. Went on a deep-cover hush-hush investigative sojourn to track down and unmask the one-givers.
    6. For a change of pace, decided to go hang out with white bigots who fancy themselves genetically superior.
    5. Thought “frigid spinster” was a compliment so she’s giving it a whirl.
    4. Looking for some young poets to instruct and get them to fawn over her.
    3. Decided to convert to Judaism so that she can be referred to as a pathetic Jew and considered to have the Jewish trait of being annoying (No offense intended. No, none at all.)
    2. Went in search of a poetry site where SHE could pretend to be the only college-educated one.
    1. Went in search of top-notch A-1 superior vitriol and name-calling. This site was just too tepid. The name-calling – vermin, creep, filth, worm, moron, etc. – just fell flat and was too mild for her tastes.

• Allan James Saywell (4/11/2005 5:37:00 PM) Post reply Stage

my poetry is about to change i will endeavour to explore the life of jesus christ
    and who actually murdered him, i will do this in poetic form i will pull no punches

• Linda Preston (4/11/2005 4:15:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'll look at your poem Keith.

• Anthony Thomas (4/11/2005 4:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi everyone, there is a quite new poet who has some really nice poems on the board that I would like to recommend. One poem is called 'Afloat for Western Hemispheres'. Thankyou

• Anthony Thomas (4/11/2005 4:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

yes, I am drawing attention to my own work. sorry: -) next time I post, I'll mention someone else! I have been reading some of Kenneth Snow's pieces. I would certainly recommend him.

• Mary Nagy (4/11/2005 1:46:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I agree with you Jake! ! If everyone that is decent leaves this site due to a few people's lack of decency.....they've won and gotten exactly what they wanted. These few 'men' are not so important that they should have this much control over any of the poets here. I agree with just ignoring them, believe me, Herbert has called me many unkind things and I have very strong feelings about him as a human being but.......I love this poetry site. I love to be able to read so many people's poems and give them my thoughts on them. I also love being able to have others read my poetry and tell me what they think about it....good or bad, just politely. Most children get bored with bad behavior if you ignore them for long enough...I for one, am not leaving this site, I will continue to enjoy it for what it was intended....a meeting place for people all over the world to post poetry and enjoy eachother's work. I hope so many of you that I enjoy will remain as well. Sincerely, Mary

[Hata Bildir]