Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Robert Rorabeck (4/22/2005 4:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

another 2: 47 am morning for me roasting marshmellows around the flames of the once great city that use to be Poem Hunter, now a pile of burning rubble and ash full of sad memories and crazed ax-men. I pat my uzi gently on it's glistening, pregnant side, and pop another gewy mellow into my ever ready mouth.

• ***** ***** (4/21/2005 7:30:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Familiarity with Freud's concept of the defence mechanism known as 'Neurotic Projection' is such a boon reading this forum.. Sx

• Allan James Saywell (4/21/2005 6:49:00 PM) Post reply Stage

fry has not got the mental capacity of an ant, he has trouble being himself

• Bridgid Patrick (4/21/2005 1:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

hi there im very new to this please have a look at my poems and let me know your comments thanks

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (4/21/2005 7:46:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I think you should just write away - you will get votes, but disregard them, and you will get comments, well, take them with a little pinch of salt too.. just produce what you want to - it's your wri ... more

• Allan James Saywell (4/21/2005 8:53:00 AM) Post reply Stage

starting all over fritz, posting under different name, it is the poems they are bad, give it away

• Allan James Saywell (4/21/2005 8:28:00 AM) Post reply Stage

question how does a poem lose 8 points in fifteen minutes, while you are staring at it, there is a strong pepper mint smell, did sherie give birth to herself

• Robert Rorabeck (4/21/2005 8:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Poetry Hound complimented my aunt who posted the other day- she's a very good poet (otherwise Poetry Hound would not have complimented her, surely) - Any guesses on who she might be- She only has a couple of poems up right now :)

• Nobody Dude (4/21/2005 12:53:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I'm new fairly new at this website and it's 'scoring', and so I suppose I want to offer what some of you call a 'challenge'...if one must score a poem less than a 7 or 8, how about writing a comment to suggest improvements (or at least give a reason) ?

• ***** ***** (4/21/2005 7:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Yes, Rachel, we have all made a statement in one form or another about that damned rating system, and indeed about that damned top500 list, which seems to create monsters in a quest to better even the ... more

• Nobody Dude (4/21/2005 12:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Perhaps the home is just simple, comfortable, known...unless one has no home. This is my first time on the forum, and I'd like to suggest a poem to be read...'The Traveling Onion' by Naomi Shihab Nye...in which the trivial becomes the profound.

• ***** ***** (4/20/2005 8:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

As I sit in the comfort of my own home... I wonder on another possible challenge... what does 'home' mean to the poet? Pain, history, reconciliation, stasis, happiness or sadness? Another poetry challenge perhaps. What is this 'home' we live in, or perhaps cannot return to?

[Hata Bildir]