Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Scarborough Gypsy (4/23/2005 12:48:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Sonja,

I have posted a 'Home' poem today too. It is a haiku.

Cheers
    Gyp's

• Robert Rorabeck (4/22/2005 10:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I got a poetry book by Rod McKuen today- they had like 12 used books of his at the local bookshop- I guess he was very popular in the 60s and 70s. I can't help thinking he's not all that great, yet so much better than me. His word usage is very precise and effective- very short poetry which comes off as simplistic, but really isn't so- maybe i like him more than i think- not much else in poetry at the local bookshop.

Replies for this message:
    • Alice Vedral Rivera (4/23/2005 8:08:00 AM) Post reply Stage

RC, I like your poetry. I was surprised to see the name Rod McKuen. He is one of my favorite chansonniers and song writers. I have a 2 record (LP) set -Rod McKuen at Carnegie Hall - April 29,1969. ... more

• Allan James Saywell (4/22/2005 6:52:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i hate this place, but i keep coming back

• Michael Shepherd (4/22/2005 5:32:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Sonja, I've done your home thing. 'Home Sweet Home'.

• ***** ***** (4/22/2005 4:59:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Allan you didn't understand what I said before.. bless you.. but that's okay.. someday you will be understood..

• Robert Rorabeck (4/22/2005 3:10:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Sherrie- as always, thanks so much for the kind words :) sorry i couldn't tell you by mail, but you have that blocked- for good reason I'm sure. The little droogies are getting into every nook and cranny these days- I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain, what a wonderful feeling I'm going insane

• Allan James Saywell (4/22/2005 4:56:00 AM) Post reply Stage

sonja you would have to be king or queen of the crazies, know one would come close, except maybe sherry, dont read books on it you are living proof

• Allan James Saywell (4/22/2005 4:52:00 AM) Post reply Stage

sir peckerwood ali had better practise what he preach, because he has given me plenty

• Robert Rorabeck (4/22/2005 4:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

another 2: 47 am morning for me roasting marshmellows around the flames of the once great city that use to be Poem Hunter, now a pile of burning rubble and ash full of sad memories and crazed ax-men. I pat my uzi gently on it's glistening, pregnant side, and pop another gewy mellow into my ever ready mouth.

• ***** ***** (4/21/2005 7:30:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Familiarity with Freud's concept of the defence mechanism known as 'Neurotic Projection' is such a boon reading this forum.. Sx

[Hata Bildir]