Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Neil Francis Brooks (5/29/2005 10:45:00 AM) Post reply Stage

What discussion?

• Neil Francis Brooks (5/29/2005 10:44:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Still no intellect here i see just the same jerk offs playing games alias the jesters more names than sense.

• Allan James Saywell (5/29/2005 5:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

read some of my poems on hamlet, look underneath the poem and you will see some of englands filth, or find a public toilet note the graffetti you will be close to what england use to write

• Andrew Konisberg (5/28/2005 10:06:00 PM) Post reply Stage

there once was a butler in the Sahara
    who had an unhealthy panorama
    he went under false names
    and everybody else got the blame
    for wearing the butler's pyjamas.

• John William Hall (5/28/2005 9:19:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Want to know who Baxter is? Simple. Ask Emily - she will ask her webmaster and she can tell the world. If privacy is an issue she could easily clear up whether Baxter is Nehrlich. Nehrlich would be in danger of becoming confused,
    what with so many different identities.
    So.......... WHO IS BAXTER? ? ? ? ? ? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    JW (Baxter?)

• Albert E. Neumann (5/28/2005 6:42:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Saywell, are you daft? Do show me where I've 'praised baxters work openly'. You are more pathetic than Nehrlich/Baxter.

P.S. If you want proof that Baxter is Nehrlich, carefully review his comments. You will find numerous similarities in style. 'Watch this space' if you doubt me.

AEN

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 6:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

My friend Baxter? ? Where on Earth did you get that from? I have never responded to him in fact I have not received a mail or (apart from a couple a long time ago) comment from him. I never mentioned him at all... where do you people get your memories from?

• kenneth william snow (5/28/2005 5:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I had the privelege of hearing W.D. Snodgrass speak at my son's commencement today. Mr. Snodgrass received an honorary degree from the University of Delaware, a school where he taught with distinction for fifteen years. He read a poem at the convocation for the English Department (my son received his Bachelor of Arts in English) . He has two poems on this site, one 'April Inventory' is a fascinating look at an aged man's view of the world around him. Though nearly eighty years old Mr. Snodgrass seemed as spry as the young graduates he addressed.

'April Inventory', An excellent poem and one worth checking out.
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (5/28/2005 5:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I agree, Snodgrass has a music I can hear.. an innocent, if bruised, beauty.. lovely stuff, thank you.

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 5:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

and I would hazard a guess, Allan, that Baxter is Nehrlich.. I think your little friend is playing games with you too, I'm afraid...

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 4:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Who, I expect, will come back with some pseudo-intelligent and attempted high-brow response of being all morally high... but they are ultimately men in far away places with (undoubtedly) lonely wives or. more actually overworked palms.. nomatter.. is it not time we spoke about poetry here again some time soon?

[Hata Bildir]