Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Raynette Eitel (9/3/2005 2:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

If you're interested in a really insightful poem written about a loving relationship, find David Nelson Bradshir's new poem, 'Pink and Blue.' Every woman would love her man to have that kind of insight and understanding. David's poetry usually rhymes but is contemporary and truly wonderful. Give him a look.

Raynette

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie (B10Z ) (9/3/2005 1:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey i just wrote a new poem called Spoken Wind. Check it out and tell me what you think.

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (9/3/2005 3:58:00 PM) Post reply

imho: the last four lines could almost be a classical haiku, bringing together the visible and the invisible and the emotions of time. However, I don't get any connection with the first two lines. The ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (9/1/2005 4:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Not to change the subject......cause I think Allans is an important one, but I just thought I would mention the poet Ernestine Northover. She has been posting over the last few days and she has a very unique, fun style. Of course, she does rhyme (which I prefer) . She deserves a look.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (9/1/2005 3:36:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

did i hear right that parts of new orleans is below sea leval i find
    that hard to believe i live near the sea a five story block of units on top
    of the biggest hill in tweed heads, yet only three minutes walking from the sea
    people have always wanted to live as close to the sea as possible in our country
    the sea reclaims land all the time because people just dont realize the danger

• Rookie Michael Gessner (9/2/2005 9:00:00 PM) Post reply

What is the elevation, (above sea level) of 'the biggest hill in tweed heads, ' plus the five-story block of units?

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (9/1/2005 1:29:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks, guys, for the recommendation to Lisel Mueller. If you haven't already - give yourself a treat!

• Rookie Mary Nagy (9/1/2005 12:35:00 PM) Post reply

Adam,
    I respect your opinion but, I would hope you would also realize that people grieve in different ways. For some (like you perhaps) it may be best to just privately deal with the feelings you may (or may not) have about the situation. I personally feel it's very appropriate for people to write their feelings down about a horrible situation that many people in the world are experiencing and share it with others here....isn't that what poetry is about? I have written 2 poems about the recent situation in the world and I feel they are in no way offensive. I am not glorifying the situation nor am I using it to 'ride the wave' of popularity. I surely don't feel I should apologize for posting on such a topic. These poems are my feelings, my fears, and they are honest, that's all I can give. I don't want this to sound rude because I'm not meaning it that way. I just think when you feel something.......that's when poetry is written best for some. I'm not a big fan of only writing poetry once you've thought it all through and checked all the details and really thought too much about it. I guess everyone is different but I prefer the passion, spontaneity, and raw emotions that are felt 'in the moment'. Whether these poems are viewed as bad or not...they've served their purpose and that is to allow me to share my feelings. I hope you understand how this message was intended... respectfully. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (9/1/2005 1:06:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

It is a tradgedy Max the people of AUSTRALIA are saddened at the loss of life
    and the loss of the essentials like shelter food water and property i'm
    glad you did the poem it can only make people aware of the thin thread that we tread as human beings and our relationship with mother nature and i
    as a fellow human being offer my heartfelt sorrow for all the people who have suffered

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (8/31/2005 9:24:00 PM) Post reply

I just posted a poem that has to do with my responses to the hurricane.
    I also noticed (having done a search on the word 'hurricane' earlier) a find poem of Raynette's, entitled 'Night of a Hurricane', posted quite some time ago.

I know thoughts and prayers are going out from many, from me as well. I hope the poem is not glib. If it is, I'll retract it.

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (8/31/2005 7:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Anyone know Lisel Mueller? I was just blown away by 'Monet Refuses The Operation' and 'Immortality'! She has about 17 poems. I hope to read more soon.

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (8/31/2005 7:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thanks for all the replies.
    Was at Barnes & Noble earlier, to get the Guide To Literary Agents and a cupa coffee. Walked over to look at the Poetry section for a moment. The one that most caught my eye was an anthology called
    'THE DOG IN BRITISH POETRY'

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]