So if talent you see
    would you all just give nods
    and look elsewhere if it is a bore,
    let us never forget this is poetry
    and not some ridiculous war.

Herbert Nehrlich

Replies for this message:
    • Mary Nagy (6/1/2005 9:10:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Wonderfully put Herbert. I hope it could be smooth sailing for all from here on out. I'll cross my fingers. Sincerely, Mary

• Allan James Saywell (6/1/2005 7:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

albert i'm surprised that you have shown your face again neaumann, people actually read my short poems, i dont see much happening around your poems
    you are my number one fan, you read my stuff, you hang out for it you jump on everything i do, i think you read herberts poems too, i like you neaumann
    you are good for my image

Replies for this message:
    • Albert E. Neumann (6/2/2005 3:49:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Allan dearest, Your poems have an average rating of 6.5 with an average number of 5.2 ratings per poem. My poems are rated 8.6 with an average of 8.9 ratings per poem. Who is reading who's work? ? ... more

• Seán O' Muiriosa (6/1/2005 4:52:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I don't mean to be harsh, all writers of poetry deserve to have their work judged fairly, but how can this guy Nikhil Parekh expect to be viewed in any light of kindness by the poets on this site after clogging up the site with his poems for most of the day. It’s just madness! And can anyone tell me why he has decided to publish his few thousand poems or whatever on this site?

• Allan James Saywell (6/1/2005 4:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

carter i dont mind the new fellow, he can turn them out, i dont read them
    well not all of them, he has slowed you fellows down, put a spanner in your works
    he says he has 900 well bless him

• Raynette Eitel (6/1/2005 12:26:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'm surprised that PH allows so many poems to be published in a day. Kenneth Snow is right about the rest of our poems being buried under this mountain of ego-driven poetry. Perhaps the editor of PH ought to step in and make some rules about poetry. We are not allowed to vote more than once on a poem (I didn't do it deliberably, only absentmindedly) so surely a person who submits more than s certain number a day could be cut off.

• Raynette Eitel (6/1/2005 8:39:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Perhaps there could be a memo at the top of each poem for certain people who do not want a rating or a comment. I, for one, consider myself a poet and want honest feedback. Attacks are something else but I consider those kinds of attacks to be from someone who has personal problems and ignoret them. I have been a member of several poetry critique groups and I tend to critique poems sincerely and, I hope, kindly. Our main thrust in those groups was to help each other improve poetry. It never occurred to me that there were people on this website who didn't care to improve. I don't want to get in anyone's face and hope I haven't offended anyone. If a critique is done in a caring way, a poet has a chance to make necessary changes. If a poet doesn't want to do that, then that's ok too.

• Ashton Bobbitt (6/1/2005 7:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I'm new to this site but yes I think the rating system is unfair an arbitrary. Anyone who might not like you personally can give you a low score and others who come alongmight not have the intellect or heart to be honest and up it even if they think it deserves it. Just let us leave comments, thats a better barometer of how the poem is beingrecieved. People obviously are not honest or smnart enough to use the rating system the way it was designed to be used.

• Allan James Saywell (6/1/2005 5:48:00 AM) Post reply Stage

gerry you sound like a thug from the godfather, i didn't know we had any federal police, do they hunt poets

• Ashton Bobbitt (6/1/2005 2:05:00 AM) Post reply Stage

God, I hate jealous poets. Learn to write and there will be no need to hate on other people who have talent.

[Hata Bildir]