Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Jefferson Carter (5/13/2014 11:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

If any PHer is interested in hearing me read a few poems and chatting about poetry, there's a video of an interview with me on youtube.

Google youtube, then search Jefferson Carter poet. I look a little nuts and a lot older than I feel, but the conversation is pretty cool. Let me know what you think (that is, if you're not being too busy as a douchbag of a troll!)

Replies for this message:
    • Gulsher John (5/14/2014 8:34:00 PM) Post reply

thats really sounds sweet, in 90s everyone looks old nut, dont worry tnx

• Peter Stavropoulos (5/14/2014 12:22:00 AM) Post reply

Saw it Jefferson. Some interesting insights into you as a poet particularly the references to Swift & Keats, two very different writers yet both pivotal in your development as a writer.

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Mike Acker (5/13/2014 10:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

At first I was going to respond, but then I remembered the promise I have made to someone I respect. I also realized that I would be responding to a troll.

Weaver, whoever he is, is absolutely right. Trolls complaining about trolls. Maybe one group of trolls was out-trolled?There is not a single person on here whom I have not responded to as myself. I have never needed to hide behind a persona.

Jefferson Carter knows my name and address as I have received literature from him. I am intimidated by no one on here. The only one who could have ever intimidated me, is, ironically enough, Jefferson Carter, with whom I have a no issues.

The others I described perfectly in my poem(MY POEM written by Mike Acker(not a persona) , Lamont P. And His Fellow Mediocrities.

• Mike Acker (5/14/2014 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you, J.C. I agree fully that were personas not allowed, all this nonesense whould stop immediately.

• Jefferson Carter (5/14/2014 10:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I believe Mike is not our current troll(s) . We've communicated by email, and unless he's a hopeless sociopath, which I doubt, I accept his constant assurances to me that he's not a troll. I believe ... more

• delilah contrapunctal (5/13/2014 10:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

here's an exercise for trollish " multiples" , as well as for everyone else...as it seems to apply, generally as well as specifically, to most, if not all of us humans, real and imagined.....can you identify this quote and its many permutations originally attributed to Rilke/ in turn to Tennessee Williams/used in Tom Waits' tune " Please Call Me, Baby" lyrics/used in a piece of dialogue in the movie " Transsiberian" .......there may perhaps be more instances of its use....through the often slight changes in wording the meaning(s) remain clear, as I see it....any takers?

• Bull Hawking (5/16/2014 11:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Ok baby...if I exorcise my devils well my angels may leave toot....the little noise at the end was my embellishment....*smiles* Great to see ya D. Liked the dog dreaming poem too. g

• Frank Ovid (5/14/2014 9:39:00 PM) Post reply

Tennessee Williams and Tom Waits?You are really a cool lady. I don't know the riddle though.

• Peter Stavropoulos (5/14/2014 2:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Could it be the line " the evening fell just like a star" ?

• Frank Ovid (5/13/2014 9:41:00 PM) Post reply

Excuse me, but I also wanted to remind everyone that when you send your complaint, don't forget to blame Acker's dirty, stinking, rotten, mother that birthed him. Don't forget that as well....... It's optional of course. The part about Acker's mother, that is. You really don't have to comply with that part of the agreement if you don't want to.

• Frank Ovid (5/13/2014 8:51:00 PM) Post reply

I've done my 3 emails, have you?

Don't forget to 'copy and paste' all the bullying and inflammatory posts with the name, date, time etc. along with your complaint. Come on folks, we can do it! ! Let's take Acker to the woodshed!

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 6:16:00 PM) Post reply

OMG! Frank's broken the code: " Also, I'm sure everyone has figured it out, but in case someone hasn't, this guy becomes " your" name just so he can confuse the situation."

Here's an idea. Since trolls seem to get all p*ssy ('i' or 'u' in place of the asterisk, as you please) when they get trolled themselves, let's abandon this facade about poetry and make the tier 1 trolls all cry by trolling them in return. Of course we'll be stuck with the tier 2 trolls, but the tier 3 brigade will come along shortly to rectify THAT situation. Eh?Eh?

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 5:55:00 PM) Post reply

BURT BACHARACH
    The Blob Lyrics

Beware of The Blob, it creeps
    And leaps and glides and slides
    Across the floor
    Right through the door
    And all around the wall
    A splotch, a blotch
    Be careful of The Blob

Now just replace 'blob' with 'troll' and you'll see where I'm going with this.

• Frank Ovid (5/13/2014 5:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Also, I'm sure everyone has figured it out, but in case someone hasn't, this guy becomes " your" name just so he can confuse the situation. All you have to do is look at the postings of the impostor and you will see hardly any postings. The impostor postings will also have that unmistakable " Acker syntax" that we've all come to love. The real " Scotty" or " Frank" (etc) will have pages and pages of postings.

Come on! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?No! it wasn't. Let's fight back!

(Sorry, I was on a roll there)

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 6:56:00 PM) Post reply

Just a quibble here. It should be " The " real" Scotty or Frank. Placement is everything!

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Frank Ovid (5/13/2014 4:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 6 replies

I'm wondering why they don't do something about this Moth*rf*cker?Is anyone else complaining?This is ridiculous. Start bombarding these people with emails and let's get rid of this psycho. Everyone do at least 3 emails per day and they might get rid of him. Does anyone know how long he's been here, or better yet, who he might " really" be?I'm 90% sure he's Acker, but does anyone know for sure?Or is anyone positive it's not Acker?(I'd really doubt you, but every post will be taken seriously) Message me privately if you want, maybe we can come up with some game plan. I know it's hard to trust anyone, but christ, anything is better than this sh*t.

I personally don't mind a little good-natured trolling, in fact sometimes they can be quite humorous, but this is at a completely different level. Cruel, mean-spirited, and down right stupid. Bullying at it's very worst. People, this sh*thead needs to be taken down. You have to start emailing these jokers at Poemhunter if it's ever going to stop. Or, if you think you can trust me (hard, I know) , then email me and let's figure something out.

I'm also Steven Ralph (formerly Scotty Dogg until " he" stole my name) . Email either inbox, or better yet, let's just talk about it here so everything is out in the open. The main thing is DON'T respond to him in any way. Good or bad. Ignore him. No one respects his opinion anyway so don't worry about repercussions. I (we) care about your opinions, and it's not fair we can't discuss anymore.

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 7:27:00 PM) Post reply

" Bullying at it's very worst. People, this sh*thead needs to be taken down." I take it all back! You ARE Poetry! Or some kind of gardening hoe. Take yer pick.

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 6:44:00 PM) Post reply

" ...but this is at a completely different level. Cruel, mean-spirited, and down right stupid." Frank Ovid (4/14/2014 7: 27: 00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply When was the last time you ... more

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 6:19:00 PM) Post reply

" People, this sh*thead needs to be taken down." This from a troll. Priceless!

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 5:41:00 PM) Post reply

" I personally don't mind a little ... more

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 5:36:00 PM) Post reply

" People, this sh*thead needs to be ... more

• Weaver . (5/13/2014 5:33:00 PM) Post reply

Aw, somebody's been out-trolled and does ... more

• James Timothy Jarrett (5/13/2014 8:00:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Judith

I always wondered where her love went
    It was like it was bled from her
    A slit vein that ran dry
    I was the only one that she gave it to