Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Richard George (7/1/2005 2:25:00 PM) Post reply

I think Archbishop Desmond Tutu may have the last word in this: 'It is large-hearted and courageous people who are able to say 'Sorry'.'

• Andrew Konisberg (7/1/2005 11:30:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I would like to make a lengthy apology to the member Herbert Nehrlich who, time has proven, was innocent of sending me atrocious e-mails upon the subject of Berger Belsen. I have posted a lengthy apology in the reply section of this message, rather than take up an entire page on the forum. Thus, anybody who does not wish to read it, is not forced to. I say this, because I am making a posting that has nothing to do with poetry, but is entirely necessary in terms of justice being done and Herbert being vindicated as regards this matter. I know there are private disputes regarding other members, but I do not wish to be involved in 'side-taking', I wish to offer a sincere and adult apology as regards my own problem with Herbert. I am not condoning any other ongoing dispute, but merely commenting on my own dispute with Herbert. Thank you.

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (7/1/2005 8:14:00 PM) Post reply

This very public display of courage and compassion makes me feel very proud. This site has been a wonderful source of joy in the past and it is obviously moving in that direction again. Well done to ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (7/1/2005 5:32:00 PM) Post reply

I have left a reply in the same section. Thank you Andrew. H

• Andrew Konisberg (7/1/2005 11:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

My posting has nothing to do with Collette's comments below, But I would like to take this opportunity to say something. Long-time members will know that the Poemhunter relationship between myself and ... more

• Michael Shepherd (6/30/2005 12:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I've noticed you can't get back to 'home' from stats despite the button(s)

• Michael Shepherd (7/1/2005 4:05:00 AM) Post reply

They've fixed it now. Use the 'home' button on the right.

• David Nelson Bradsher (6/30/2005 3:15:00 PM) Post reply

Yes, I've noticed that, too. It seems to all be part of the same issue, Michael. I've sent an email but haven't heard anything back yet.

• Poetry Snob (aka Jefferson Carter) (6/29/2005 8:13:00 PM) Post reply

Id like to thank the members whove commented on my poems. Itll help. For some reason the home page says Im Poem Hunter not Poetry Snob. Someones got to be Poetry Snob, right? PS

• Poetry Snob (aka Jefferson Carter) (6/29/2005 4:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Hi, Im new to this cite. Ive got some questions. Would anybody comment on poems I just posted? They were rejected by Bellingham Review, a town above Seattle.
    Id like to know members thoughts cause I dont know why the poems werent excepted. Also please forgive my spelling, I have a learning disability and some times dont see my mistakes. My daughter corrects the poems tho she wont help with emails. Also is this cite a dating service? Ive noticed the mating dance bewteen certain members, it makes me nervous, I dont wnat to be stalked! ! ! Thanx PS

• Eric Paul Shaffer (7/4/2005 5:23:00 PM) Post reply

Poetry Snob-I read your two poems. I liked 'Market Forces' most because of the voice. Your choice of using simple sentences and vocabulary is a good one, and I think this poem would read well aloud. ... more

• Poetry Hound (6/29/2005 8:35:00 PM) Post reply

I like your refreshing and direct poetic style. Post more poems. I agree with Andrew that they could be longer. And don't worry about the so-called 'mating dance.' It's just sad and desperate flailing ... more

• Lamont Palmer (6/29/2005 7:08:00 PM) Post reply

Shelley said 'the poet's food is love and fame.' I, for one, fully subscribe, and live by that sentiment, for better or worse.

• Andrew Konisberg (6/28/2005 6:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

has the Monty Python team reunited (minus Graham Chapman) on the forum again? can I put out a request for a window cleaner, while I'm here?

• Scarborough Gypsy (6/28/2005 7:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Yo there dudes,

Can anyone translate a phrase in Czhec to English for me? ?

A friend sent me a very short email in Czhec and will not tell me what it say's because they were a bit tipsy at the time of writing.

I am of course intrigued.

Gyp's

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (6/28/2005 10:51:00 PM) Post reply

Oh, I forgot. Do you like the circus? We could go and watch the monkeys. And be reminded of some of the clowns. Did your friend from the East reply? Hxxxx

• Alice Vedral Rivera (6/28/2005 8:48:00 AM) Post reply

If you mean Czech - I can. E-mail me. avr

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Scarborough Gypsy (6/26/2005 7:45:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Yes, well it was lovely to talk to you all. I must go now and get on with dinner. Thank's for all your responses and comments to all my poems. They are very well received. I have tried to delet the joke ones I posted a few weeks ago but unfortunaley they will not delete. Oh well, never mind. I will talk to you all again soon.

Lots of love
    Gyp's

• Scarborough Gypsy (6/27/2005 7:11:00 AM) Post reply

Oh my, Herbert most definately. I will just slip into something more comfortable. Jerry, would you like to join us for martini's? ?

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Abdul Sattar (6/24/2005 10:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear Members of the Forum:

I am a an Eastern where the sun is burning our hearts and lugns now a days. But it is a fact that I have a habit of writing rather trying to write poetry and that is my only problem. As English is not my native language so that I can not avoid errors in poetic themes and language. I am trying to polish my poems and need help from all of you, young and old people, good and honest people. Please sujjest me a book that can help me to be a guru of English poetry. Your positive response will be a bunch of flowers and thaks to humanity. Many Many Thanks! Have a nice time!

• Michael Shepherd (6/25/2005 7:58:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Abdul, It is very rare for a poet to achieve eminence in a foreign language! The thought may be fine, but one single 'not quite right' word... My suggestion is that you perfect your poetry ... more

• Michael Shepherd (6/24/2005 7:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Brilliant...loved the Billy-Sherrie link!
    Next time, we could do the same but have an announced subject which we could all relate to? Would make it less 'surrealist' but more like an integrated poem?

[Hata Bildir]