Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/10/2005 5:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I liked the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels....
    H

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Max Reif (10/11/2005 12:37:00 AM) Post reply

LA Story has some hilarious scenes, like this guy accosting them with a gun on the mall, saying, 'Hi, I'm your robber for the night! '

• Rookie allan james saywell (10/10/2005 9:40:00 PM) Post reply

i liked the part where caine was hitting him with the stick to test the feeling in his legs, he really gave it everything he had and steve martin never blinked or cryed out till he left the room

• Rookie - 614 Points Jerry Hughes (10/10/2005 5:39:00 PM) Post reply

Blues Brothers is a classic of the era, any era. I still crack up when the get-away car falls to bits, when (they) get out and slam the doors. Just brilliant.

• Rookie allan james saywell (10/10/2005 5:01:00 PM) Post reply

the yorkshire ripper was a ripper of a movie

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (10/10/2005 4:28:00 PM) Post reply

the charles manson family on dvd, society was just as sick back in the good old days

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (10/10/2005 9:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anyone using the 'email this to a friend' facility (?) find that it does a U-turn on the way and comes back as from friend to you? It's happened twice to me in the last few days...

• Rookie Max Reif (10/11/2005 12:51:00 AM) Post reply

I haven't used that one, but the Poetry Cards (can be sent with any poem) are really nice, unless the lines are extremely long!

• Rookie ***** ***** (10/10/2005 6:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

ps.. if you decide to copy and paste from here - remember to delet the space that PH places after the http: _

Just like the double 'p' that dogs the word 'drop' dometimes - it's one of those gremlins on this site.

S.

• Rookie allan james saywell (10/10/2005 5:55:00 AM) Post reply

i wondered about keven and ann myself, they are on my list as well i might have asked before but dont know wether i got an answer nice story though

• Rookie allan james saywell (10/10/2005 5:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

there is a programme based on the life of the great poet comic spike milligan
    tonight at 9.30 pm eastern Australian time on the ABC WILL BE WORTH VIEWING
    i myself admire spike as a poet and comic

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/10/2005 4:08:00 AM) Post reply

Yes Andrew, I agree, there were some excellent poems posted over the weekend.
    Best
    H

• Rookie - 614 Points Jerry Hughes (10/10/2005 12:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Greetings Movers and Shakers! May be, just may be we've seen and read the last of England's Paul. 'I have a dream! ' All that aside, here's another mind-blowing Mal Morgan poem. Tissues are provided free. Cheers, Jerry

NOSTALGIC

You do up your face go out.
    Have a nice day.
    I and the dog
    the hebe blue gem
    the salvia sublime red
    which I havde watered earnestly
    my faded flags
    all my streaming colours
    on the clothsline
    wait for you to come home
    liberated, your face undone.
    Remember me
    as the man who once said
    I knew a man who lived a perfect day.
    It was in the sixties
    now it's the nineties.
    The sixties are coming.

• Rookie - 614 Points Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/10/2005 4:26:00 AM) Post reply

I can see why Mal was a friend. A depth meter wouldn't go astray with either of your minds. Best H

[Hata Bildir]