Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (9/7/2005 2:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The riddle of Pearson was solved he didn't disappear his groupy is still active
    he only had one groupy, i believe there was a poem explaining it all
    the poem was called the 'Kane Mutiny'

Replies for this message:
    • Raynette Eitel (9/7/2005 12:51:00 PM) Post reply

Allan, I'm surprised that you would promote 'Kane Mutiny.' It is a personal and vicious attack on a fine poet. There's no excuse for one person attacking any of us in such a vile, obscene fashion. ... more

• Andreas Saarva (9/6/2005 9:00:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

How can I come into the TOP500 poems? : /

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (9/6/2005 5:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I would also replace the word 'come' by using the more neutral 'get'. That's another step forward and upward. Blondes (assuming all Swedes are thus challenged) are not allowed in the 500 club. H

• Michael Shepherd (9/6/2005 5:00:00 PM) Post reply

.. and one way NOT to do it, Andreas, is to vote for your own poem 259 times...naughty lad. Or did Tess vote the 259 times? Thus far, your 'poems' read like letters. It's not the same. Do as Adam says ... more

• Michael Shepherd (9/6/2005 10:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Ho ho ho, as we say in Lappland around Christmas time - sorry, Winterval...now's the time for those high on the snowy peaks of The 500 to tell the world - not how THEY got there - but How I Got There ... more

• A.p. Sweet (9/5/2005 9:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

If you could meet one poet(dead or alive) and hang out with them for one day, who would it be and why?

-Mine would be Charles Bukowski, because not only do I love his work, but we would probably just go to the track and smoke and drink and just sit and listen all day. We would argue with the people at the track and then make fun of them. It would be fun. That would be inspiring to me as a struggling and dismal poet.

• Michael Shepherd (9/6/2005 6:38:00 AM) Post reply

Aaron, I hope you've read John Kay's poem 'The Face' before you set off?

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (9/6/2005 4:04:00 AM) Post reply

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. No question. I would share quarters with him on Wartburg Castle, have a number of beautiful ladies as friends, one a bit more amplified, hike through the countryside and ... more

• Allan James Saywell (9/5/2005 10:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

yes sweet and when you got drunk after one drink and fell over he would have urinated on you

• A.p. Sweet (9/4/2005 6:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I would like to say sorry for the post a few days ago, it was childish in nature and it didn’t make me look very good. I know it is no excuse, but I was having a very bad day and when this happens I like to come here, read some poetry and listen to what you all have to say. When I got here and the forum was swamped with negativity I just blew up and started a rant. I truly apologize for it.

I have deleted the post from the forum and I hope you folks don’t look down upon me. I will be civilized next time when I have a problem.

• Allan James Saywell (9/4/2005 6:43:00 PM) Post reply

mister sweet appears to have lost it for a day, with something i have not read because it would be negative for me to read something that mister sweet has said sorry for, being a 24 hour crazy mysel ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Michael Shepherd (9/4/2005 3:01:00 PM) Post reply

So how are we getting on with our critiques of Aaron Sweet's poetry as suggested some few days ago?

• Raynette Eitel (9/3/2005 2:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

If you're interested in a really insightful poem written about a loving relationship, find David Nelson Bradshir's new poem, 'Pink and Blue.' Every woman would love her man to have that kind of insight and understanding. David's poetry usually rhymes but is contemporary and truly wonderful. Give him a look.

Raynette

• (B10Z ) (9/3/2005 1:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey i just wrote a new poem called Spoken Wind. Check it out and tell me what you think.

• Michael Shepherd (9/3/2005 3:58:00 PM) Post reply

imho: the last four lines could almost be a classical haiku, bringing together the visible and the invisible and the emotions of time. However, I don't get any connection with the first two lines. The ... more

• Mary Nagy (9/1/2005 4:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Not to change the subject......cause I think Allans is an important one, but I just thought I would mention the poet Ernestine Northover. She has been posting over the last few days and she has a very unique, fun style. Of course, she does rhyme (which I prefer) . She deserves a look.

• Allan James Saywell (9/1/2005 3:36:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

did i hear right that parts of new orleans is below sea leval i find
    that hard to believe i live near the sea a five story block of units on top
    of the biggest hill in tweed heads, yet only three minutes walking from the sea
    people have always wanted to live as close to the sea as possible in our country
    the sea reclaims land all the time because people just dont realize the danger

• Michael Gessner (9/2/2005 9:00:00 PM) Post reply

What is the elevation, (above sea level) of 'the biggest hill in tweed heads, ' plus the five-story block of units?

• Michael Shepherd (9/1/2005 1:29:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks, guys, for the recommendation to Lisel Mueller. If you haven't already - give yourself a treat!

[Hata Bildir]