Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Lori Boulard (11/12/2005 2:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 8 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

OK, Kids, IT'S OUT THERE FOR YOUR REVIEW! There are 3 files:
    'Intro'= cover, two commentaries and the Table of Contents (incomplete)
    'Bios'= biographies (duh)
    'Poems'= all the actual poems (again, duh)

Poems and bios are copied straight from PH/emails, so if something is missing (italics, bolding of certain words, etc.) please let me know changes via email BY NEXT WEDNESDAY (11/16/05) . I fixed a few blatant typos - ducument vs. document, untill vs. until, that sort of thing - but left others as is; IT'S EACH POET'S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THEIR OWN POEMS.

They are on a site set up by our wonderful Monsieur Ronberge (merci) at the following:

http: //www.geocities.com/ph_poem_collection_2005/

Enjoy! !

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Declan McHenry (11/12/2005 12:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

lol. Glancing through the forums it's with some trepidation that I enter here. It feels a bit like, I would imagine, entering the saloon from any old Western. So are people going to shoot me, my horse or my work? Alternatively I could just say hi and sit quietly in the corner.

Your call.

• Rookie Max Reif (11/12/2005 3:06:00 PM) Post reply

Howdy, Podner! pppppt-Ding! ('scuze me, that was a wad a' chew'n tabaccy goin into the spitoon)

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/12/2005 1:27:00 PM) Post reply

yeah, love of language, Declan... pack your anti-blister creme..

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/12/2005 12:53:00 PM) Post reply

don't be afraid, Declan, unless you can't take joke once in awhile. I'm pretty new as well, but I'm still standing. There really is love under there, I swear!

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/12/2005 12:44:00 PM) Post reply

It's rootin, tootin one-ups-woman ship.

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/12/2005 12:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

oooh, I just LOVE logging on to find our happy family playing together SO nicely. Such love in the air. Sherrie...anybody...can you post a personal favorite from JC's new book so we all can get a glimpse? I for one am curious...especially now!

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/12/2005 12:26:00 PM) Post reply

Definition of MATRON: 'A woman who acts as a supervisor or monitor in a public institution, such as a school, hospital, or prison, especially one with big hooters.'

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/12/2005 11:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Jefferson Carter Male,62, United States (11/12/2005 11: 04: 00 AM)
    (This massage was posted as a reply to that message)
    Marcy, don't be such a prickly bitch! ! Of course, you're talking to Michael, and to me, and to everyone on this forum. JC

To post a reply to this message, click here

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/12/2005 11:09:00 AM) Post reply

OK JC, serious answer: is 'derivative' standing in for 'written for readers with the same cultural background' which is surely OK? And is 'innovative' the term for 'experimental' when it is accepted? Isn't e.e.cummings a good figure to choose for this discussion?

• Rookie Daniel Tyler (11/12/2005 10:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

What criteria does poemhunter.com base the top 500 poets and poems on?

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/12/2005 12:25:00 PM) Post reply

Daniel, Michael's right, and that 'list' is quite a victim of tampering or just plain bad logic. Besides, there is a difference between the most popular poets and the best poets, the latter being far ... more

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/12/2005 10:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Oh Dan Dan, it's a can-can of squirmy wormies.. the formula is a X b X c X y where a is the number of hits each day, b is the current number of ratings, c is the current rating-figure, and y is the x ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/12/2005 10:29:00 AM) Post reply

I thought it was 'hits' but I don't really know cause some of the poems don't have many hits at all.............who knows. I think it's much better to just ignore both of the lists. (Save your sanit ... more

• Rookie Ikazoboh Austine Jeffrey (11/12/2005 6:42:00 AM) Post reply

hi, micheal its Austine. I think you should give a second thought to it was it really the apple?

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/12/2005 4:04:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks, Jerry. I didn't know that one. Incidentally, are her 'books' preserved in some library?

• Rookie - 971 Points Jerry Hughes (11/12/2005 12:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Movers, A J S and Shakers, another superb Emily Dickinson gem, enjoy it with me:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease on life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.

• Rookie - 971 Points Allan James Saywell (11/12/2005 12:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A SUPERB PIECE MY YOUNG BUCCANEER SIMPLE BUT EDUCATIONAL WITH A CERTAIN BEAUTY IT WAS SAID THAT SHE MADE HER OWN BOOKS FOR HER POETRY I WISH I HAD ONE IT WOULD BE WORTH OWNING

[Hata Bildir]