Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Vidushi Khera (11/6/2005 10:20:00 PM) Post reply

Hey i'm new here...just felt like saying hi....just found out that people here hold regualr discussion... would love to be a part of them... i'm also quite new to the site...as in...i started posting here only last month....do have a look at my poetry...and i hope to involve in interesting discussions around here...
    till then
    Latah
    VidZ

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/6/2005 10:14:00 PM) Post reply

The following is ALMOST poetry (in fact I may make a poem out of it later on) .

The Director of the National Museum in Iceland says that it is definitely established that during 600 years,1200 to 1800 in Iceland, there were no dental cavities. The foods they ate were milk and milk products, mutton, beef and fish. They ate no carbohydrate. The only exception to this was a little moss soup in the summer, but this was a rare 'fun food' of little nutritional importance. Two Indian tribes reveal the same thing.

The prehistoric Indians of California were vegetarians, unlike most folks of that period, and they had tooth decay. In contrast, the Sioux Indians lived on buffalo meat and were devoid of cavities. The Pueblos worshipped the Corn God, but he was not grateful. They have the most wretched teeth of all the American Indian tribes. They live on corn, squash and beans. The Laplanders, who ate mostly reindeer meat during the 18th century, rarely had cavities. Modern laps have a decay rate of 85% of their teeth.

Best wishes
    H

Look Ma, no fluoride....!

• allan james saywell (11/6/2005 8:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hello hello hello whats this then a book being produced without me, i see
    a little bit of discrimination oh well every dog has his day even old shep

Replies for this message:
    • Michael Shepherd (11/7/2005 4:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hey allan you were invited and crapped on it...

• Max Reif (11/6/2005 9:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

wait a minute, Allan, you're allan aren't you under that namecoat-there was an open call for people to submit. Your name was mentioned. You'll probably still be able to get on board.

• Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 5:21:00 PM) Post reply

OK, we're getting a good list going, but let's 'close the doors' until I hear from those we've already invited. I'm sure everyone wants in, but I need a minute to tally the volume and space requirements before we proceed. I'll post tomorrow am where we stand.

• ***** ***** (11/6/2005 4:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Am I too late? ... have stopped in tonight to what looks like a done deal... S.

• Max Reif (11/6/2005 4:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Do we send a bio too? How long, like a paragraph? I missed that.

• Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 5:35:00 PM) Post reply

brief bio, please, like a SHORT paragraph (most have around 3 sentences) .

• Marcy Jarvis (11/6/2005 4:02:00 PM) Post reply

I am very much looking forward to seeing a mix of our work side by side in this way as I find book reading to be an entirely different experience than reading posts on the internet! I hope anyone looking in will feel free to send 3 of their best poems and their bio to Lori in time for inclusion, as there doesn't seem to be any huge danger of it getting too big at this point.

• Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 2:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Five more names have come to me. Will you kind people alert them? I'll alert Rich.

Rich Hanson
    Albery Vynckier
    john tiong chunghoo
    Richard George
    t.h.ashbury

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/6/2005 8:25:00 PM) Post reply

Kelly Vinal......! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! H

• Marcy Jarvis (11/6/2005 3:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've sent out the word to a few people whose work I read, including John, tonight so hopefully some stuff will be rolling in to Lori by tomorrow. My book is 90 pages and costs $6.50 wholesale, Michael ... more

• Richard George (11/6/2005 2:48:00 PM) Post reply

Many thanks, Michael, but I'll forego this as I've been in print a lot already - my second full-length collection's out at the beginning of next year, hopefully. Make sure Sonja Broderick's in, if ... more

• Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 2:37:00 PM) Post reply

and I've asked dear Joyce Lazarus of hap ... more

• Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 11:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

thanks for that, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I have poems for Max, Sherrie, Herbert, Raynette, Marcy, Mary, Mahnaz, Alice Vedral, and Sally Clarke. I've emailed requests to David Nelson B., Ulrike and Jacob Hassler, but John Kay and Andrew K don't accept email. I need some lunch; someone reach out to the others, please. Then I think we're set!

• Mary Nagy (11/6/2005 1:24:00 PM) Post reply

I did notify Uriah.....he hasn't read it yet.

• Max Reif (11/6/2005 11:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I sent news to John and Andrew via Reply forms from old e-mails. I also notified Lamont, Adam, and Michael Phillips. Anyone else think of any 'regulars' here?

• Allan James Saywell (11/6/2005 11:13:00 AM) Post reply

GOODNIGHT GOODNIGHT I WISH YOU GOODNIGHT
    SWEET DREAMS MY LOVE, SWEET DREAMS MY DOVE
    GOODNIGHT MY OWN SWEETHEART
    GOODNIGHT GOODNIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    mY SWEETHEART

[Hata Bildir]