Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/14/2005 9:14:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Sorry to ask again.
    I ordered 3 copies of the anthology, they charged my credit card on 7 Dec for the books and EXPRESS international shipping.
    I cannot find a contact e-mail address on the site and there is no history that I can see of them sending anything.
    Anyone have ideas?
    Clicking on the various help and contact buttons gets no contact e-mail facility.
    I am getting frustrated.
    Best
    H

• Rookie Mary Nagy (12/14/2005 8:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well, in the hopes there can be peace found among the people here on poemhunter and we don't see Round 2 of the infamous Poet Wars............I'd like to post a poem from a wise poet (AJS) and hope we can all enjoy this site (and world) in peace alongside eachother.

A Poem For Peace

How many war's, make a right
    Can i have a belief
    Without a war
    Is my god any different then your's
    Do i have to kill a man
    Who doesn't believe, what i believe
    Did jesus kill for his god
    Would a muslim kill a man
    Who had no god
    Would a man pray in the street
    If he had no church
    I have a right, as a human being
    To be free
    To live in a world, free of war
    So do the children of the world
    So we ask for peace

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/14/2005 11:06:00 PM) Post reply

you have a lot of courage mary coming in to the lions den when the lions have yet to be fed, but women throughout history have displayed courage

• Rookie Mary Nagy (12/14/2005 8:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I posted a question and it was immediately removed........any reason why?

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/14/2005 8:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Andrew beat me to it, though I hasten to add that Mary is known for her covert ad hominem attacks. She will appear in the dark of night at your window, covered by a white sheet, face like Caspar the f ... more

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/14/2005 7:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i'v read a book but do not want to discuss it here but i have read it so i
    guess i have not broken the rules of the forum Shep

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (12/15/2005 5:19:00 AM) Post reply

Collette looks after this site, not me. Why write anti-war poems when you're so offensive yourself? Hypocrite.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/14/2005 7:29:00 PM) Post reply

as i was coming in the forum a fellow was leaving with three books tucked under his arm, he was dressed like a Rabbi

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (12/14/2005 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

MY ANTHOLOGY CAME IN THE MAIL!
    Remember the anthology, guys?
    It looks BEAUTIFUL!
    Now to read it!

The only thing missing from a 'real book' was an ISBN, and maybe a few 'blurbs' on the back.
    Nice, work, Lori and everyone!
    I'm surprised no one else's has come yet. How weird.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/14/2005 2:46:00 PM) Post reply

there could be a practising magician on site who keeps removing material that could make the person receiving the said material look less intelligent
    it must be the termintor employed by the razor gang

• Rookie John Kay (12/14/2005 2:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I posted a poem this evening, 'Bonhoeffer's Slippers, ' and I wanted to draw attention to it because of its timely subject matter. If you have time, give it a read. I'm not really soliciting criticism; I just want to share it, for what it's worth. Danke.

• Rookie Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (12/14/2005 1:10:00 PM) Post reply

this place has really been acting strange lately. broken links, blank pages... i'm backing up my poems tonight just in case PH crashes and burns. i remember Lenchen Elf, god bless, told me that this website had crashed once before causing everybody to lose everything they posted. a bit of friendly advice to the greener Hunters out there.

Jake

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (12/14/2005 9:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

WONDERFUL RICHARD PRYOR INTERVIEW
    (from NPR's 'Fresh Air', a '95 interview re-broadcast the other day)
    So honest and real! About ms, among other things. With hilarious comedy snippets at beginning and end.
    I don't think I ever heard Teri Gross speechless before.

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php? storyId=5048946

• Rookie - 7 Points Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (12/14/2005 12:19:00 PM) Post reply

i have the link at home, Max. i'll have to check it out there. Richard Pryor was one of the all-time greats. thanks, man. Jake

[Hata Bildir]