Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/22/2005 7:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have deleted it Michael. It is surprising to me that you do not seem to understand the importance of the subject. Poetry site or not. Is there something you have seen on this site in the last few years that would justify taking up space?
    Best wishes
    H

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Linda Jenkinson (10/21/2005 9:38:00 PM) Post reply

I thought i heard dictionary pages rustling andrew...thanks

• Linda Jenkinson (10/21/2005 9:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i really enjoy the immediacey of being here...poets of old never had this feedback! ..is immediacey a real word? ?

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/22/2005 3:01:00 AM) Post reply

Although this nitpicker dislikes mis schbelled words I think we enjoy your immediacy here as well. H

• Max Reif (10/21/2005 9:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

today's epiphany: for me the '60s didn't begin until 1971.

• Linda Jenkinson (10/21/2005 9:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I was just imagining the kind of poetry johnny would write...yet again wondered...why do poets write?

• Mary Nagy (10/21/2005 9:29:00 PM) Post reply

Well, all kidding aside, I don't honestly call myself a 'poet' but I write exactly for that reason...I have to. I have always needed to write things down whether it was letters, journals, poems....no ... more

• Max Reif (10/21/2005 9:26:00 PM) Post reply

Johnny Depp probably writes poetry. Usually, poets answer 'because I have to', don't they? I know that whatever I'm doing, it's the writing-or for a period, the painting-that matters most. I mean, ... more

• Mary Nagy (10/21/2005 9:24:00 PM) Post reply

Well, that's an interesting thought.....I don't really know if he does or doesn't write poetry. I think many people write and nobody ever knows it because they keep it private. (Of course, if my dau ... more

• Linda Jenkinson (10/21/2005 9:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

roxy music girls! ! but yes...jonny is very poetic

• Mary Nagy (10/21/2005 9:18:00 PM) Post reply

Well, since I'm married I have to say....no, the tux will do. :)) (But thanks for the visual! !)

• Mary Nagy (10/21/2005 9:14:00 PM) Post reply

Well, who knows how 'poetic' he is but, really who cares, right? Johnny Depp in a tux....that would be my 'drug of choice'.........

• Linda Jenkinson (10/21/2005 8:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

'love is the drug im thinking of'mmmmmmm bryan ferry in a tux! !

• Mary Nagy (10/21/2005 8:59:00 PM) Post reply

I'm not sure who Bryan Ferry is but Johnny Depp will do.............ok, yup, that'll work! :)

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • t. h. ashbury (10/21/2005 8:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

the netherlands is a model that makes sense, having been there, whcih, i must admit, was an eye opening experience, drove home some simple truths for me. i'd be curious to know if others disagree...

point 1 - it makes policy sense to distinguish between recreation and addiction.

point 2 - the natural vs. synthetic argument obscures what we should be talking about - the harm of our current policy and if anyone has the balls to countenance and effectuate something else.

point 3 - how far does the prison industrial complex in the us have to go - before we the people decide to do something meaningful instead - that is, will we relinquish our fear of a different approach to find a solution?

salut.

point 3 -

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (10/21/2005 6:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

why dont we take all the addicts out to devils island issue them with free
    medication set up a rehab on the island dont have any cars ex wives ex husbands or parents or any thing they can damage and see what happens we
    can call it a experiment with free drugs if they happen to say anything
    write it down we can call it beat poetry

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (10/21/2005 5:32:00 PM) Post reply

lets bring england back perhaps he might explain to all you people about the benefits of being on drugs he seemed to know all about it

[Hata Bildir]