thought for today:

As The Poems Go

as the poems go into the thousands you
    realize that you've created very
    little.

Charles Bukowski

Replies for this message:
    • Lori Boulard (12/16/2005 9:54:00 PM) Post reply

That's one of my favorites, from one of my favorites. He speaks the truth, even if you don't like hearing it! Thanks for reminding us, Sonja.

• Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

Charles who, was he King of England or did he drink a lot

• Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 3:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Has anybody come across a wheelbarrow with tits full of money it disappeared from outside my unit last night they were only small birds but there was a lot of money

• ***** ***** (12/16/2005 6:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Allan, can´t you come up with some interesting or intelligent (intelligible) quips? When someone spits a retort back at me I hope for something more than 'well, she´s not as old as you, so there'. ... more

• ***** ***** (12/16/2005 4:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It wouldn´t surprise me if your woman did leave you.. especially if she read that 'interesting' recent poem about her. I´d sleep with one eye open my friend.. the old gal may come back in the middle o ... more

• Mary Nagy (12/16/2005 8:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Any more word on your shipment Herbert? Last night I dreamt I received 3 anthology books in the mail. The inside shipping information was your information so I knew they were your ''missing'' books. I was in a panick because I just knew you would think I stole them on purpose and I didn't have the money to get them back in the mail to you right away. (A VERY STRESSFUL DREAM!) But, I do think Allan's poem about your missing books helped plant that in my head. Thanks! :)

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/16/2005 5:09:00 PM) Post reply

The saga continues. Even though I have pointed out to them several times that they have taken my payment for 3 books and Express Int'l shipping they have no record. Now they are asking for a transact ... more

• Michael Shepherd (12/16/2005 7:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

BTW, have we made a formal request for a free ad on the site from poemhunter mgt for the anthology? It would be good publicity for them, surely? They might even affect sales... and as the site gets onto Google anyway, could make some new connections...like Amazon etc.

Re Google - my memory's had a senior moment - one of us worked for Google, maybe some advice on this?

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/16/2005 5:11:00 PM) Post reply

Have a look at the Lulu forum (their own site!) Michael and think again. I have been ordering books from Amazon for years and they are organised and work flawlessly. Best H

• Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 2:51:00 PM) Post reply

first it might be a good idea to put an add telling everyone there books wont disappear under the arm of a fellow with a thick money belt

• Joseph Daly (12/16/2005 6:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 8 replies

Just a couple of things that I would like to address. Firstly: to newcomers. It is not worth putting on a high volume of your works all in one go. You actually have less chance of being read or your work being appreciated, because nobody has the time to go through a whole load. One or two, in dribs and drabs, should suffice. This gives readers a better opportunity to become familiar with your work. It also gives you the opportunity to take another look at pieces to see if they could do with more work on them.

Secondly, and in a way, connected to this, has anyone noticed that those newcomers who write 'offensive' pieces, only put one or two on at a time. You would think that with so much pent up feelings that they would have more to say. I'm not into conspiracy theory, but something seems to be going on, or is it my paranioa? Either way I'm getting in touch with Mulder and Scully.

To read all of 8 replies click here
  • Alisa Evsyukova (12/16/2005 6:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi, everybody,
    I have just recently discovered the poemhunter that inspired me to write in English. Although I’ve been writing in my native language (Russian) for 20 years (sins my childhood) it is still difficult for me to do that in English. So, I am concerned if my spelling and construction of the sentences are correct. If your mother language is English, please send me message with your comments to Alisa Evsyukova.

Oh, Lord, your beautiful perpetual creations
    Inspire me to thing of sense of life.
    The cry of waves persists the song of angels.
    The pearls of stars reflect the lights of love.
    Oh, Lord, with promising and warming breeze of freedom
    You’re sending me an Omen of the fate.
    I sincerely appreciate your care and wisdom
    And promise you I’ll never forget,
    I will never forget that precious moment
    When I was standing quietly by the sea,
    Watching estimably the birth of morning,
    When rays of Holly bless descended on me.
    Please check all my poems. Thank you very much for your co-operation.

• Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 3:00:00 PM) Post reply

Poem Hunter inspired me to write in Pidgeon English so other people could understand me

• Max Reif (12/16/2005 8:26:00 AM) Post reply

Alisa, mainly I felt inspired by your writing. Reading the first few lines, I found the (few) grammar 'errors' to add to my inspiration, felt they contributed to the freshness of the writing, lines l ... more

• Georg Hersch (12/15/2005 8:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Sorry, this is the only place I could send you a message. I'd find it very fulfilling if you would talk about general life and poetry sometime with me. Your poems are to say the least, pulchritudinous.

• Rookie - 0 Points Allan James Saywell (12/15/2005 8:46:00 PM) Post reply

I can only speak one word of spanish sonja'GRASSYASS'

• Rookie - 0 Points ***** ***** (12/15/2005 8:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

also, www.lulu.com is routing me to a Spanish site www.lulu.com/es (I am in Spain, but it won´t let me view the english version, nomatter what I try) .. if I was to search in the site (even in a spanish version it should show from all records right?) .. is ´poemhunters anthology´ the title? I searched that and no results... hmmmm

• ***** ***** (12/16/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply

In one way I feel like the playground bully seeing myself as that source.... in another I couldn´t stop myself from laughing AND it was not me who ridiculously (!) included that collection in my poem ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points ***** ***** (12/15/2005 8:14:00 PM) Post reply

I did a search for Poemhunters Anthology, but found only a few pages.. one of Adrienne Barnathan, which cited the bad old days... shudder.
    Anyway, didn´t find a ref. to the anthology. Will try lulu.com

[Hata Bildir]