Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie - 760 Points Jerry Hughes (12/25/2005 4:12:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Herbert, not only do I second you comments, I third, fourth and fifth them. Indeed, let's start the 2006 PoemHunter year with the oroginal concept in mind.

To those who set out to be a classic 'pain in the arse' with puerile, unintelligent and unintelligible comments I say, go find another train-set to play with. Having said that, let me say this (Malcolm Fraser circa 1975) , PAX.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/25/2005 1:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

testing, testing, testing, one two three four five six seven eight nine ten
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AMERICA

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Mary Nagy (12/25/2005 6:12:00 PM) Post reply

And Merry Christmas to you in your tropical paradise Allan!

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (12/25/2005 7:33:00 AM) Post reply

One of our most admired and respected poets is leaving Poemhunter...persistent intense one-ing and the general behaviour of those on the Forum...

'Please Teach, it wasn't me, Teach, I'm always complaining about the same thing, they should do something about it...'

That's funny, they mentioned your name among others...

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/25/2005 5:40:00 AM) Post reply

Well, I had posted a message about our tropical storm but someone thought it politically incorrect?

If we are going to leave the forum cluttered with what is there now perhjaps there is not enough room for innocuous messages.

'Nuff said.
    H

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/25/2005 5:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A message for the holidays for those who are still up and reading:

'To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.'

A profound statement made many times before and one that we will need to learn on this site before we can even hope to have peace return.

My wish for 2006 is that we all can get along in peace, fight our small and innocuous skirmishes but always remember what a wonderful website this P/H really is.

There is nothing like it.

I am convinced that the vast majority of people will always be interested in peaceful co-existence, I am also convinced that there comes a time when action speaks louder than words and becomes mandatory.

If we all took a slice out of Mary Nagy's Christmas cake we would have far fewer problems.

So, I, for one am looking forward to use P/H as it was meant to be, for the enjoyment of poetry and the exchange of ideas between people.

With a bit of effort we shall get there.
    Best wishes
    H

• Rookie Bill Smith (12/25/2005 3:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Merry Christmas to all, as a realtive newcomer to the site I hope in the new year to take a little more time to read the forum and contribute where possible,
    Happy New year to everyone for next week

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (12/26/2005 6:35:00 AM) Post reply

As it Dec 26th Bill, I wish you a Happy New Year and nice to have you aboard. Hop we all have calm and good sailing. Love Ernestine XXX

• Rookie Mary Nagy (12/25/2005 9:42:00 PM) Post reply

Merry Christmas Bill! I look forward to reading your poems...... and it's nice to see new faces in the forum! :)

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 11:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

We are having another violent tropical storm coming. Typical for our island this time of year.
    Computer off, get the dog from under the bed, cover the cockatoo's aviary (Edna likes storms but not the rain and hail) and have a couple drinks of firewater.
    Had an idea for a New Year's resolution:
    Peace in the foum and on the entire website, let's make Collette's job easier for her so she can take the time to compose her own poem about la vie or something like it.

How about it?
    Best wishes to all
    H

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/25/2005 2:39:00 AM) Post reply

yes there was a bit of thunder and lightning on the forum earlier, how are you herbert and yes i am going to throw a few down tonight lubricate my wheels and watch a good movie happy christmas Herber ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Rookie allan james saywell (12/24/2005 8:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i have decided to delet the poem 'dueling Poets' as i am a man who does not like to cause anguish among my fellow poets, it was entirely my idea to do
    so because the poem has achieved it's purpose which was to make laughter
    now it has no more value as a piece of poetry i will miss the 61 votes
    but my ego will live on because it is my choice as a human being to do the right thing i always said if a poem offends then i will remove it no matter who
    complains

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 11:53:00 PM) Post reply

And a special Merry Christmas to you, Allan! Hoping you are enjoying your ocean views with a glass of the amber fluid and let the world go by. Best wishes H

• Rookie Mary Nagy (12/24/2005 6:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I want to take this time to give my Christmas wishes to everyone here! Since my computer has been deciding when and if I can get online......I figured I better give my best wishes now while I'm able! You all are truly unique and special people and you've become more important to me than you'll ever know. (Perhaps even more important to me than I know!) I only wish the world leaders could grab hands and ring in the New Year as peace-loving people like we can seem to reach acrossed the world to grab eachother's hands! You're all in my thoughts.......Merry Christmas and Seriously Happy NEW YEAR! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (12/26/2005 6:41:00 AM) Post reply

Sorry you've had problems with you PC Mary, hipe all is sorted now. I had a week or so when mine wouldn't do much, on a real go, go, slow slow, and also my monitor I think is on it's way out, as if I' ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 11:09:00 PM) Post reply

Welcome back, Mary. I was getting worried about you. Computer problems with a new computer? My son (San Diego) bought a brand new Sony and it crashed in the first week! Your kind words on the foru ... more

• Rookie Joseph Daly (12/24/2005 7:12:00 PM) Post reply

And heartfelt greetings to you, your family and your doggie (who is family, I guess) , Mary, Love and thanks for all the kind words, Denis Joe XXXXXX

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 5:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

And.....PAX VOBISCUM!
    H

[Hata Bildir]