Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Atheanga Tiomaint (4/3/2014 12:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Yes, I would like very much to become certified, mortified, validated, desecrated but above all be accepted by this group of children on this forum. I would be happy to forward all my qualifications and possibly obtain a certification from the elite members like The Simple Blue Bird, The Old Gray Fox. This way we would receive something to the effect of pre-approval of all my recorded observations as coming from a credible source. this would then help force those being studied to begin to face their demons with the goal of a Sherry in ponytails happy and less embittered. For lamont this would mean speaking like the hurt little boy who seems to be hiding behind the facade of intellectual superiority. This pre-certification would help cut down on all wasted time spent of whether I and my esteemed colleague, Dr. Dr. Herman Hermanlunge are qualified.

Mr. Palmer likes to validate individuals and as such he could do that with us. We are willing to give him phone numbers, addresses, lawyer number, lists of assets etc. etc.

Replies for this message:
  • Herman Hermanlungen (4/2/2014 8:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Halo. I am Dr.Dr. Herman Hermanlungen. I vas invited by my dear colleague and friend Dr. Atheanga Tiomaint to look into two fascinating cases of borderline personality disorder cases she ran across in this forum. She has asked me to study ze various postings these two individuals named Sherrie Kolbenhausen-Gonzalez(interesting right zer) und a Lamont Palmer. According to Dr. Tiomaint zees two individuals exhibit classical symptoms of what we in German call Lebensgrenzeliniegrosseproblemepsychosis. In plain English zey are both disturbed. Before I even knew ze answer to my qvestion I asked if by any remote chance these two had interacted on a level outside of zis forum. Possibly as a couple who date or were togezer. I asked zis question for a good reason. It is not uncommon for such individuals to

I am very tired from travelling around und will continue very soon. I must rest a bit now. Sank you.

• Herman Hermanlungen (4/3/2014 11:48:00 AM) Post reply

Halo Mr. Carte. I sense some anti-aryan sentiment. In German ve call zat, well Nazihassungentingensyndrome. In simpler vords you are blaming every single German for what every single German did dur ... more

• Jefferson Carter (4/3/2014 11:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Troll, fuckensie mit diene fisten.

• Gulsher John (4/2/2014 11:42:00 PM) Post reply

hahahaahah was eine Torheit u drehen, wenn Sturm von denen zwei.... willkommen Arzt sind Sie

• Bull Hawking (4/2/2014 4:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I posted my " ek" poem on my page. It is a tribute to Jim Boggy and all Scott's everywhere. Yes....it is an attempt at some levity as well. Titled " The Skating Minister" ...after perhaps Scotland's most famous painting. Hope you enjoy....or chuckle.

g18

• Jim Hogg (4/3/2014 11:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I see the initial " g" and I wonder where Gary Witt is... he should be here... Bull, I've got to admit ye made me smile a little... Thanks..

• Bull Hawking (4/2/2014 5:09:00 PM) Post reply

Sorry Jim....my spellcheck took your last name....Hogg....and made it Boggy.....I wish I had caught it..... g

• Mike Acker (4/2/2014 3:52:00 PM) Post reply

My own poem, " Oil On Canvas, Vancouver" used for " Cheap" for my ekphrastic entry.....

Oil On Canvas

Strokes of ocean blue
    lap onto
    Dabs of forest green
    haloed by
    Tinges of snowing white
    all under
    A smear of cerulean
    - backdrop for
    the ravenous rapine
    Mike Acker

Cheap

No need for more than simple strokes,
    dabs, tinges, and smears to tell
    the story of a nondescript town.
    She prostitutes herself to the highest
    bidder just to appear on screen, made up
    and dressed up like say, New York. All her
    regulars know it's her, and how cheaply
    she sells herself. She is is actually
    plain, deep down, deep inside. As plain
    as dabs, or smears, or strokes can ever
    be. As with most others of her kind
    she is wanting to be liked, to be adored,
    but up to a point. They can't come too
    close. For she knows the stains of blood
    and gore have remained like old sores
    that need to be explained rather than healed.
    Mike Acker

• Kathleen Neff (4/2/2014 10:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey everyone, it's me Kathleen. So I know I haven't been able to post any new poems because of two things. One is because I am working on a book of my own and it is taking up most of my time and two district music contest is this month on the 25th, AAAAAHHHH! I have a solo and I have everything down except that I keep my voice to myself. I don't sing out and let others hear me. My music teacher says I am being selfish and not letting others hear my beautiful, enchanting voice (her true words not mine) but I have a serious case of stage fright. So most of my time is occupied by writing my book and/or practicing my solo and if you do not believe that my music teacher told me that my voice was beautiful and enchanting, look me up on face book and watch my videos that I made. It will prove her right and you wrong. I love you guys and I love you poem hunter.

Sincerely Your's truly,
    Kathleen.

• Frank Ovid (4/2/2014 7:29:00 PM) Post reply

Good to hear from you Kathleen. Congrats on the book! I miss your poems!

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/2/2014 10:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I read this poem this morning, and it really inspired me...I like the language, its flow, its imagery....and it is a " translation" - I always wonder about how much gets lost in the translation process, how close does the translator get to the actual intent of the writer. This poem was also spaced in a very unique manner on the page, which I'm sad to say, the formatting is not doable on the forum pages. I hope you enjoy it.

from the wave, the way

By Valerie Mejer
    Translated By Forrest Gander

In green water I saw your eye and in it I saw that Arabian palace
    filled with birds and broken glass.

I copy an address into my right hand
    and fill myself with memories of psalms.
    A green fish emerges from seaweed as seaweed from a wave
    that rises like the wailing wall.

My sun-baked body at the edge,
    wind in my lungs, its whistle,
    my torn world, my grief,
    my soggy passport, my shell with no pearl,
    you lift them, delicate cloud, into a liquid world.

Last night I dreamed of my father's flabby body and of my blue
    resolve to run away, to find a way, I dreamed of your eye
    and for an instant I found the vertex of the road,
    the imaginary line that falls across the earth:
    that meridian where the sun on a tiger's back meets the shade at its belly.
    Waking up, we are swallowed by wakefulness.

The house swallows us in its terrible thirst. The routine of taking our children
    to school swallows us
    and so does the if only I could.

There was something to that dream. You know it. A direction. A way.
    A forest as green as you and your roots.
    Give me your premonitions, give me your book, give me your prodigious memory,
    give me the blue gaze from your dark eye, give me the devotion of your sleeping birds.

Sometimes the way is a fire
    through which the circus tiger
    leaps, a perfect circle
    returning to me with its stripes intact
    and with the endless continuity of this ineluctably feral world.

• delilah contrapunctal (4/4/2014 6:36:00 PM) Post reply

Lovely and intriguing work, indeed...thanks, Sherrie

• John Kay (4/2/2014 8:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey Sherrie- the poem is good to me, and I was most pleasantly surprised by the last stanza/image. Some of us are born with the right words and ready for the the first race. Others spend a lifetime or ... more

• Colin Jeffery (4/2/2014 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

Dear friends,

My ebook of seventy poems ‘ The Agony and the Ecstasy’ is now available from the kindle store on Amazon. I hope you will support me and get a copy and tell your family and friends, and perhaps review the collection. All the poems have been published in magazines. I now have six ebooks on kindle. If you want to find them: Go to ‘ Amazon.’ - - on the webepage you will see ‘ALL.’ Click on the little pointer to the right to lower menu - - click on ‘ Kindle Store’ type ‘Colin Jeffery’ into search panel. Press go. My books will appear.
    Thank you for you kind interest for which I am most grateful.

Colin Ian Jeffery

• Jim Hogg (4/2/2014 4:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

What anuseous (inspired by Delilah) muppets these current personas are. How about some nauseous muppetry from a real virtual member.. Angie's challenge is a bit of a tall order for me... a real person has to know his limitations... a muppet persona, it seems, can just ignore them.. But I've taken a shot at it.... Jefferson's effort, I have to say was very impressive, and will be very difficult for even the best of the modern stylists on here to beat...... I think the old fox gets better with age... As a reply, some thoughts on John Martin's Bridge over Chaos:

• Jim Hogg (4/2/2014 12:14:00 PM) Post reply

A little bit of excision later... I know where this kind of whittling leads: to a title and nothing underneath.. but John Martin’s Bridge over Chaos See the juggler on the high street (he has ... more

• Jefferson Carter (4/2/2014 11:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Jim, I like this quite a bit. I'd excise some of that over-writing (tilting in the tempting winds) but nice poem. Thanks. The Old Fox

• Jim Hogg (4/2/2014 10:53:00 AM) Post reply

Sherrie and Angie.... such generosity.......

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/2/2014 9:54:00 AM) Post reply

Jim: This is just striking, as is the pa ... more

• Jim Hogg (4/2/2014 4:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

John Martin’s Bridge over Chaos See t ... more

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/1/2014 11:48:00 PM) Post reply

I don't believe I have received a response to my question below!

This is from Mr. Acker's post from below. I could not find this poem on your site Mr. Palmer. You didn't actually write the lines he is quoting, did you?

Allan Prell's Voice

An audience of listeners is
    Held like love.
    A liberal sun enters daily
    Into the room of your life, in the car

Lay like roadkill at the entrance of ears.
    (I loved the way he screamed Baltimore;

Touched airwaves and subsisted on them,

Driving his tongue from city to city.
    Lamont Palmer

An audience is held like love?
    Into the room of your life?
    Like roadkill at the entrance of ears?(This is the worst one I think!)

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/1/2014 11:46:00 PM) Post reply

I was asked by two members to re-post. They were so intrigued I was given a list of others to analyze. Of course trolls, those hiding behind a persona(such as Frank Ovid=Lamont Palmer and Stan Grossman=Scot Dog or Scotty Doggy or Frank Ovid's li'l b$ tc h or Lamont Palmer's.... well you get the idea) are much more difficult to analyze. I have asked my German colleague Dr. Dr. Herman Hermanlungen(yes,2 PHds) to assist me in this most challenging analysis yet. I will have Herman join us soon as himself.

Based on Sherry's posts, I will venture to guess that she had a strict religious upbringing. Either she was raised by strict Jehovah's witnesses or possibly raised in a strict Catholic home. There is every indication that she experienced abuse of some sort, either as a witness to physical and other abuse or even as a victim. What that develops is a love hate relationship with the mother. The mother is seen as both an enabler of the abuse by the father while at the same time there is pity for the mother as a victim. Often mothers who are extremely religious will even deny the abuse or the depth of the abuse.

All this helps explain the " rough" exterior and the constant need to be in control. Sadly, women with this type of upbringing are more likely to marry pedophiles and alcoholics. They are also twice as likely to enter into abusive relationships in spite of the fact that that is what they would tolerate the least. The relationship with Danny Reynolds says quite a bit about Sherry's personality. From what I read of her exchanges with him, there was a lot of baiting by her, which of course seems to have always triggered a reaction from Danny. This feeling of control actually produces a sense of euphoria on Sherry's part. It is not enough to experience one or two reactions, rather her pleasure is derived from the feeling of control of a male who has in some way or another " hurt" her. This pain turns her anger into rage, but due to the dynamics of a forum, she must use her intellect to inflict maximum revenge and the longer term the more enjoyable.

I wish to thank the two forum members who have asked that I conduct this study. The two characters, Sherry and Lamont, exhibit, in my opinion, signs of borderline personality disorder and as such make ideal candidates. I see this as a challenge and will move on to Lamont Palmer the next discussion.

[Hata Bildir]