Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

KB & CO. Female, 57, United States (6/28/2006 1:05:00 AM)

I so enjoy rhyming poetry, just about all I write. Can anyone give me a clue on how to write a different style? Check mine out & you'll see what i mean, thanks.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Tom Zart (7/3/2006 9:09:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

You keep on rhyming more people love rhyming poems than those who do not. Most
    who do not like them can't write a good one so they hate those who can. Look
    Tom Zart up on google and you will see where rhyming poems got me.

Tom Zart The westport Poet

• Rookie - 110 Points Ernestine Northover (7/2/2006 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

Hi There! ! ! You keep up your rhyming, and take no notice of the people who say that we are just writing stuff for Hallmark Cards. I write both types of poems but mostly rhyming. JC tends to think he is the authority on poetry, but don't take his word for it, everyone has their own style and their own way of writing poetry. Enjoy what you do and try to keep your writings from being to rambly. Nice and to the point, making them interesting to the reader, and try out as many topics as you can. A lot of poems are written about love, but these can get a little boring after a while, so you need to look at other subjects to write about. Also try doing some humourous ones, as well as some sad, and of course some topical ones, or ones on nature can be quite rewarding. Have fun. Love Ernestine XXX

[Hata Bildir]