Treasure Island

Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Falease Anderson Female, 45, United States (3/23/2006 1:42:00 PM)

I prefer rhythm, rhymes and meters in poetry. That is mostly what I write. However, I have developed an appreciation for poems that do not rhyme as well but have a strong meaning. I hate poetry that only the author can interpret. I believe the gift of writing poetry is intended to extend a positive message or a provoking thought to the reader.

Anyhoo, here is my rythm and rhyme poem. Have at it Mr. H.

I long to meet and greet
Chase the embrace
Caress away distress
To Have and to Hold
Experience without interference
To have intimately known
Claim as my own
The Infamous PEACE

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Sonny Rainshine (3/24/2006 5:31:00 AM) Post reply

Nice poem, Falease. It has a very strong rhythm, both internal and external rhyme, and an admirable message. Comparing the search for peace to the search for a good marriage or love relationship is cool. Good work. A agree with you that there are a few poems that shun traditional poetic form, but manage to convey a strng meaning-Robinson Jeffers is a good example of this type of poet. I also concur with you that poets who write indecipherable verse that only they (or English professors) can understand are not playing fair. I have a Master's in English and have read hundreds of poems, but I always go back to the straight-forward, finely crafted classics like Frost or Wordsworth. Who's Mr. H?

[Hata Bildir]