Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Ernestine Northover Ernestine Northover Female, 71, United Kingdom (12/2/2005 4:39:00 PM)

I think it's good to be able to write in both rhyming and unrhyming, it gives one a variation and a wider scope. Also it's good to have humourous ones, mood type ones, dramatic ones, and love, unrequited love ones, character ones, and not be stuck in a 'one type poem' rut. One thing bothers me though, it is that when one writes 'long' poems say more than 8-10 verses, or should I say stanzas, do people on PH actually take the time to read them or do they prefer shorter writes. I have quite a few long ones on PH and somehow they don't seem to attract comments or votes, and yet I feel they are fairly reasonable to read.(Tongue in cheek) ! ! ! ! ! What do you all think? Love Ernestine XXX

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/3/2005 6:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I ask you madam'
    can you spare a dime?
    And would you take in turn
    a lovely rhyme?
    I'd make the rhyme for you
    to match your smile
    look at the bird that flew
    in perfect style.
    All creatures big and small
    like perfect harmony,
    which means that all in all
    it's rhyme or anarchy.
    Just thought I'd dropp in here for a minute.
    Best
    Herbert

• Rookie Mary Nagy (12/2/2005 9:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

To be totally honest.....I like shorter poems better. It's got to really grab me to keep me reading more than 4 or 5 stanzas. If it's good, I'll read even more though!

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (12/3/2005 1:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think as you get more into writing poetry, you can be a bit more concise, my longer ones were written when I first started poetry, I'm learning not to waffle on and on. Love Ernestine XXX

[Hata Bildir]