Rhythm and Rhyme Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in traditional forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

glen still Male, 56, United States (1/13/2005 8:13:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

i could not disagree with you more, regarding just about everything you have said! Thank god that you’re not teaching this line of 'Prejudice'. There are no rules...just these own self-perceived rules by people who want to control, which they dictate to other's and use to control other's minds. And no, i was not aware of the 'enormous amount of poetry' that you have written, in 'Sonnet forms' or any other dead and dying form. I don't read that, and there are plenty of others that don't either. Please, attempt to reach the masses with an open mind, or you will die having only convinced yourself of your own deliriums.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Dr. A.celestine Raj Manohar Md (1/20/2005 3:43:00 PM) Post reply

Dear Glen Still,
    Although, it is my personal belief that 'old is gold', I'm equally involved in writing poetry in its many modern evolved forms as well.It is my strong belief that most of the present forms will 'die an early death just like their counterparts in music' but the ones by those pioneers with great innovation alone will remain.! i agree with your advice that i should not stop with the classical forms but if you read my work and much more unpublished later works, you will one day understand that I've really attempted to 'resurrect the sonnets from their shells into many variant forms' for future generations! Rules must change or will have to be changed, if you want to innovate! It cannot be inferred as 'improper sonnets' or trying the convey the wrong ideas regarding sonnet- writing.and so the old-forms devised by masters and geniuses who gave their precious time and souls to it will always stage a come-back and their beauty can never abate! thus, 'Old is gold' and most of the relatively newer forms will die an early death, vanish as rapidly as they came!
    Hence, your message is well taken.

[Hata Bildir]