Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Freeform Workshop

Workshop for poetry written in free forms.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Glenn J(ones) Male, 21, United States (7/16/2010 11:36:00 AM)

I don't necessarily consider myself a poet. MY future carrer options are heading towards journalist, author, radio-host, advertisement designer. I wrote this out of complete Random and I don't understand what compelled me to write it. I haven't written a poem since a 6th grade English project, and while I managed quite a few compliments, that was a while (but not too much of, as I'm only 17) ago. So this probably just sucks, but I'd love opinions and possible critique. Here you go:

Desolate Pelican Land
Ship wreckage unbattered
My compass points east
No rest.

I am sunkissed and shaken
The palm trees are'a swayin'
It's snowing in Africa
No sense.

Magic Sailing Ship, abduct me
Probe me and mutilate
Borrow a kidney
No return.

Do you feel the gentle breeze attacking?
Asphyxiation by coconut
I am askin' for a lynchin'
No anchor.

Doppleganger is'a swimmin'
Hear the monkey's screech?
I lounge on anthills
No free birds.
©

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• b l (4/13/2011 9:42:00 PM) Post reply

Hey as far as experience I'm right there with you(ripe old age of 17) .But I got a kick out of it, Has a great imagery about it.As well as a Alice-in-wonderland-I-have-no-clue-whats-going-on-vibe.
    Let me ask you, was there any symbolism or meaning to it that I may have missed?

[Hata Bildir]