Treasure Island

Freeform Workshop

Post a message
  • Besa Dede (3/10/2012 1:40:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone! I am a new member as well, I have posted my first poems! I kindly invite everyone to read them. I would appreciate your review! Thanks, Besa :))

• Sharna Mckeith (3/10/2012 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

A family man loyal and true, would open the door to let you pass through. This is the man that would smile as he passed by, His hand that would help, your tears he would wipe, This is my brother whom i love and adore my brother i will miss as he goes on tour. Take care of him Afghanistan. (not much but just something that popped into my head as a new member go easy on me please) .xxx

• John Hazon Palen (3/9/2012 3:30:00 AM) Post reply

I have just submitted my newest poem.. I think it speaks for itself and by itself with all of its rhythms and rhymes! If you may ask, I write poems so as to clarify things out of my hazy thoughts which at times struck me.. It's my way of LOOSING MYSELF! ; ') AJA, everyone!

• The Prince Of Darkness Rookie - 1st Stage (3/2/2012 3:24:00 PM) Post reply

If you are new here don't just post I'm new! Please read my poems and comment on them! ! ! I've been on this site since 2007 and I've gotten comments by simply writing apparently good poetry/stories. This site is more about sharing your works rather than wanting attention. So, just write your poetry, mingle with others, and eventually people will take notice of your work. Sorry if I come across as an ass but I find it annoying when you either send messages to people not wanting to talk to them but just say Comment on my work! ! ! or when you post that stuff in discussions that are meant for something else.

• Michael Williams Rookie - 1st Stage (2/26/2012 9:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

The boy you punched in the hall today. Committed suicide a few minutes ago. That girl you called a slut in class today. She's a virgin. The boy you called lame. He has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day. She's already being abused at home. That girl you called fat. She's starving herself. The old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars. He fought for our country. The boy you made fun of for crying. His mother is dying. You think you know them. Guess what? You don't! Re-post if you are against bullying. I bet 99% of you won't, but repost this and Like if you are that 1%

This was posted by a bud of mine named Ed on facebook.

Replies for this message:
    • Martin O'Neill (4/5/2012 7:25:00 PM) Post reply

Michael. I hear what you say. I suffered bullying at school and then became a bully too in self defence. I learned fairly quickly though that the bully is the bad guy and I was becoming who I hated be ... more

• T. N. Tremblay (3/1/2012 9:20:00 PM) Post reply

I have always and always will stand against thoughtless and ignorant-lost souls who find it pleasing to downgrade others in order to make themselves feel higher. This is one of the barbaric traits of ... more

• Claudia Krizay Rookie - 1st Stage (2/22/2012 9:25:00 PM) Post reply

Right Unilateral

[/]In the midst of this room
    I lie still as they put the IV into the crook of my arm- I wince.
    A rolled up towel is placed beneath my neck, and
    A sheet to cover my legs-
    I see flies hovering about the overhead light-
    As I breathe oxygen from a rubber mask-
    The last thing I recall is
    Drifting off into another place in time-
    Moments later, so it seems
    I am sitting in a chair by the window beside,
    Overlooking trees dancing to the tune of
    A nightingale’s song,
    A late spring’s balmy and gentle wind,
    Footsteps softly ambling up and down the hall behind me,
    Rudely contradicted by the sound cars rushing down the boulevard outside,
    The screaming of sirens and people conversing in the room next door-
    These voices that could be real or emanating from my mind- although
    It is too soon, after the shock that was induced to my brain
    To distinguish reality from unreality-
    I clearly remember the spoken words
    “Right unilateral” and so it seemed that
    Mistrust of the world about me and
    Conversations echoing and reverberating throughout my mind as
    Emanating from some other place in time-
    Would tip toe away from the spirit raging war inside my mind-
    Trees dancing and birds carrying on with their soprano tune,
    That late spring’s breeze being a chorus of some far away lullaby –
    Footsteps following closely behind,
    And cars rushing down the boulevard outside-
    Have now become my only reality as
    I have finally awakened from a peaceful slumber,
    Returning to earth from my journey to some other realm-
    I have regained my sanity-
    Walking away from the magnificent view from the picture window before me only to
    Return to the familiarity of every day life and as dove would peacefully do,
    I lift my wings, though imaginary
    Only to soar above the treetops outside
    Leaving my tears behind this time to vanish in that river of despair that
    I have known for so long as I flee and abandon the tempest of fear this time-
    Forever-

Claudia Krizay

• ~Deana ~ Dotterweich Rookie - 1st Stage (1/27/2012 10:45:00 AM) Post reply

Im New So Please check out my Poems! ! ! Tell me what you think....

• Mike Ebogha Rookie - 1st Stage (1/27/2012 12:10:00 AM) Post reply

Hi people, i am new to this site and i have been writing poems for about 4yrs now.I would be most grateful n happy if you can go through the ones i have posted on my profile n give me your opinion about it.

• Jade4x Phoenix Rookie - 1st Stage (1/21/2012 2:13:00 PM) Post reply

Hi guys, just joined the forum, looking forward to learning and contributing as much as i can and putting up some of my work for your comments and criticism!

• Aj Duchene Rookie - 1st Stage (1/17/2012 10:56:00 AM) Post reply

I'm a noob here but would greatly apprciate any coments on my poems. I have uploaded one but have quite a few others I will be adding. Thank you in advance for considering my poems for review.

[Hata Bildir]