Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Sandra Sinrud Female, 71, United States (8/4/2006 4:21:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

John,

Since it's August now, I hope you found the poem MONTHS ago, but in case you didn't, the poem you're looking for is 'A Space in the Air' (you were close) and the author is Jon Silkin (close again, but no 'h') . It's a wonderful poem, and one of my favorites. I was reading it just this morning.

You can get the text from:
http: //www.emule.com/2poetry/phorum/read.php? 4,30263,32132

It's with a group of poems they call, unfortunately, 'poems that make you cry'.

Last stanzas:
But your death would be something else,
Something else beyond me. It would not be
Your death or my death, love,
But our rose-linked dissolution.

So I feared his going,
His death, not our death, but a hint at our death. And I shall always fear
The death of those we love as
The hint of your death, love.

Another one of my favorite poems is on that site, too - Jon Silkin's 'Death of a Son'.

Enjoy!

Sandra

P.S. My first attempt to post a reply didn't go through, so it's possible you'll get two responses from me.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie John Haymond (2/6/2007 3:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

February 6,2007
    Hi Sandra,
    I had given hope that anyone could help me find this wonderful poem. Thank you so much! I went to the emule.com website, but neither this poem nor any other contemporary poems seem to be available. Perhaps I am not accessing the correct website lionk. If you have any suggestions for other sources that might provide Jon Silkin's poems, would you please let me know. Meanwhile, I will try to search via Google.
    Very best!
    John

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Sandra Sinrud (2/1/2008 3:25:00 PM) Post reply

John, My goodness! A entire year has disappeared! On the chance that you still check this site from time to time, and on the chance that you have not yet fulfilled your Silkin quest, I see that Rott ... more

[Hata Bildir]