Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Dennis Robinson United Kingdom (8/23/2012 5:10:00 AM)

Hi - I'm Dennis and I'm new to this site.
I'm searching for two poems written by my Sister and first published in " On the threshold of a dream-vol 3" and " Distinguished poets of America" (both published by, I think, The National Library of Poetry.
The first poem is called " The Bay" - first line begins: - " The field, now devoid of lush grass..." (it's about a horse rather than a harbour) and the second is " The Auction" first line begins " The roan shivered slightly from...." and is also about a horse. The author is CA Wilson who used to own a stables with many horses used for childrens and adults local rides. I would, if possible, like to find both poems on a website so that I can print copies and have framed for personal reasons.
I would be most grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thank you. Dennis

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Freshman - 1,463 Points Laura Burns (8/26/2012 3:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I don't think these are available on line. Distinguished Poets of America is available through Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Distinguished-poets-of-America/dp/156167043X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346011895&sr=1-1&keywords=distinguished+poets+of+america

Replies for this message:
    • Freshman - 1,463 Points Dennis Robinson (8/27/2012 8:31:00 AM) Post reply

Laura Many thanks for your reply - I will check Amazon as suggested and will keep looking and hoping. Kind regards Dennis

[Hata Bildir]