Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Gazza John (11/11/2008 1:56:00 AM) Post reply

Can anyone think of a poem that has a theme of 'becoming stonger' or something similar to that. Thanks for any help :)

• Iryna Karivets (11/9/2008 4:26:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem 'Our Guardians' by Carl Dennis. Actually, the part of this poem is published in VQR but the remainder of it is available only to paid subscribers. I would be very grateful if someone could send me the final part of the poem.

• Misael Ruiz (11/7/2008 8:47:00 PM) Post reply

Hi every one’

I’m a father that needs help. I’m not good with words and I will like to tell my 22 yr old daughter how is in colleges, that a love her in a special way. So if you have any suggestions, PPPLEEASEE send some ideas

• Nicolas Beuglet (11/7/2008 11:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello. I'm desperatly looking for the poem 'MADAGASCAR' from William D'Avenant. If someone knows where I could find it. Thanks very much.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/7/2008 5:24:00 PM) Post reply

Check the 'text request' at: http: //www.lib.umich.edu/tcp/eebo/New_Text/New_Texts_January2006_full.html to see whether you can get the text from this project at the University of Michigan

• Mike Mariche (11/6/2008 12:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

HELLO EVERYONE THE POEM I AM TRYING TO FIND WAS ABOUT THE NECRONOMICON AND THE START OF IT WENT LIKE THIS: 'THE GATE IS OPEN COME JOIN THE FUN, GUT DON'T LET YOUR TALISMAN BE REACHED BY THE SUN. YOU CALL FORTH THE WATCHER TO WATCH OVER YOUR SOULD, BUT LEAVE THE GATE OPEN AND WILL BE THE END OF US ALL.' THERE IS MORE BUT DON'T REMEMBER IT AND CAN'T FIND IT ON YHE NE LOOKED OFR IT HERE AND COULDN'T FIND EITHER WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SEEN THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Marshmallow Puff (11/3/2008 1:26:00 PM) Post reply

HELLO everyone. Please help me find this poem or the writer. It might not be easy because for some reason i can't seem to even think of one word in the poem, so searching google didnt help much.

This poem is about soulmates, but I dont think he ever mentioned the word soulmate in this poem. It is a male poet and probably by a well known poet instead of just any random submitters. It's about 4 sentences in this poem. It has something to do with either two souls or two stones or some type of fragments that was broken into two and finally come together to be completed or something like that.Like I said, I dont remember it having any word of soulmate in it but ideally soulmate is the theme of this short poem or quote. Gosh, I can't believe I dont remember anything about it but just the context of it. If someone has any idea, thank you so so very much.

• Paul Stertz (10/29/2008 3:35:00 PM) Post reply

Hi everyone-

Looking for a poem my dad once read to me when I was young-I think it may be titled 'I killed her with my words'-or something to that effect.

It is a sad story about a country couple, well the guy comes in from a long day of work and is angry with his wife for not having dinner ready, the house the way he wants it, etc., and he goes into a tyrade.

So his loving and dutiful wife, in an attempt to appease him, goes out into the stormy weather to close one of the barnyard gates or something and gets struck by lightining, or a tree falls on her or something, and she dies. The husband never forgives himself.

I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if anyone knows of a poem like this?

• Danae Turner (10/28/2008 9:15:00 PM) Post reply

ola! i have been searching for a poem i read once, i think it was by beryl baigent? anyway, it goes like this....
    You were not the original green man
    swathed in hooded cloak of verdant leaves
    but when i scaled the hill
    and came upon you
    face to face
    the potency of your presence
    sprang out to embrace me.
    i appreciate any direction! ! ! ! thank you

• Bruce Allen Lynch (10/26/2008 6:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem-I thinjk World War One era-that contains this passage:

Those scattered and tumbling walls once were a church
    yet might have been an inn.
    For all the signs of reverence they show,
    save that in the encircling shady yard,
    Heaped with scattered stones,
    the uprooted graves and broken crosses
    speak of holier days.

Standing stricken, the weary shrapnelled houses
    seem skeletons,
    grim and ghastly shapes
    beckoning with scraggly fingers to the sky
    in silent plea for justice...

Poem and poet would be greatly appreciated.

• Mayuri Bandyopadhyay (10/26/2008 4:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

If u pple can please help me find poem called the snuff box....the poem relates to a young boy studying in school.An Inspector visits the school and ask what is the shape of the earth and the as prompted by his class teacher says round on somedays and square of such days.If someone can please help me on that.
    Thanking,
    Mayuri

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/3/2008 7:16:00 PM) Post reply

This sounds like a joke from the Marx Brothers, not a poem. See the page on their skit 'Fun in High Skule' at: http: //www.marx-brothers.org/marxology/skule.htm

[Hata Bildir]