Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie J P (5/27/2009 4:53:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I am looking for a poem that we had to memorize in Science way back in 1977 or 1978. It goes like this:

The Kingdom of the Animal
    The Kingdom of the Animal whose phyla number ten
    can easily be mastered by quiet study in your den
    Each animal in nature is classified for you
    It's system of taxonomy, you can easily persue

In phylum one the protozoa is distinguised from them all
    because life's many functions act within a one celled wall

In Phyla two periphera the warm sea sponge appears,
    its perforated body often serves us through the years.

The Hydrochoral(sp?) jellyfish you'll find in phylum three
    Celenterata is its name or prickly to thee.

etc.....

• Rookie Emily M F (5/23/2009 5:14:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that I read several months ago. It is written by a woman and it ends with something along the lines of I don't want to look back on a life that was not well lived... something along those lines.

Thanks!

• Rookie - 0 Points alice sunderland (5/22/2009 9:15:00 AM) Post reply

im looking for some shoes - can anyone help?

• Rookie Ena Wojcik (5/17/2009 1:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Okay, guys, I'm new to the whole 'forum' idea but I really need your help. I was wondering if anyone knows the title of the book I'm talking about. I was looking around Borders one day when I found myself in the 'Young Adult' section looking at the back of this one book. The genre was fantasy. I'm horrible at remembering titles but I distinctly remember on the cover was a man with a (lion, cheetah, panther, etc.) or something like one of those giant cats. The back cover said the book was about a man who had been cursed by an evil witch and turned into a giant I-don't-know-what-type-of cat. The curse could only be broken if a woman was brave enough to marry him. I didn't buy it, but now I regret not doing so. I went back to Borders the next week but it was gone. I searched all over the internet but I never found out what the title was and I so want to read it! It sounded like a really good love story so if anybody knows what book it is, or has any idea of a book that sounds like it, let me know. I really want to read it, and am heartbroken I never found it again. Please let me know if you think you've seen it before or know it.

Thanks!

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Carol Page (5/16/2009 2:45:00 PM) Post reply

This is a long shot but I'm trying to find a love poem but don't knowe title or author. Some of the lines are similar to:

I don't care what you do or who much money you have
    I stand before you naked

It is a beautiful poem and I would love to find it...... please help

• Rookie Lynsey Pope (5/15/2009 2:42:00 PM) Post reply

Hi there can anyone help! I have seen a poem online recently and its quite long. it has several sentences which finish with things like 'that is called / is known as courage/ strength / honesty
    so it says a line then the next line says this is known as / is called then the words that match that statement so either strenght, courage, honesty etc etc.
    Sorry its a bit vague but does it ring a bell with anyone? its an anon poem
    Thanks for looking Lynsey

• Rookie Joanne Fletcher (5/14/2009 10:46:00 AM) Post reply

hi if anyone can help please do i need a poem about light but mind has gone blank and its for my son, s school home work lol and i dont wanna copy one from a book

• Rookie Maribeth Smith (5/12/2009 12:33:00 PM) Post reply

Hoping someone can help. I am looking for a poem/essat to frame with an abstract picture of mine and my husbands hands overlapped together. I am looking for a poem or essay that has something to do with 'these are the hands that will guide you'. This is something I am wanting to frame and put in the nursery for our new daughter. Thanks for any suggestions.

• Rookie - 83 Points Bullion Grey (5/7/2009 7:05:00 PM) Post reply

I am searching for the poem, which addresses my life. It should be a carefully written simple device. Started when I just came about, after mother’s torrid labor and delivery. Simple with steps, and verse that wept, with strong inheritance. Not to wordy or ongoing as it might, but with a type of shared limiting to enhance this passage of right. Don’t know where this world might be such a poem, perhaps it is written with my life, or scribed in a dome of stone?
    BG
    (PS: just messin around)

• Rookie Lara Green (5/7/2009 1:13:00 PM) Post reply

I heard this comic poem on National Public Radio years ago. It is a poem about taking an 'upside down pineapple jello surprise'.. or something like that, to a picnic. Or 'lime green upside down pineapple jello surprise'...

I think of it every time I have to take some food to a summer picnic. I'd love to find it.

[Hata Bildir]