Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • S P (8/19/2008 11:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem I read a long time ago, and hope s/o can help me find it. It's about a guy that comes into a shop and begins criticizing a stuffed bird. How fake it looks, how the bird wasn't stuffed right, etc. At the very end of the poem, the bird turns around and ends up being very much alive.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (8/20/2008 7:52:00 PM) Post reply

The Owl Critic 'Who stuffed that white owl? ' No one spoke in the shop: The barber was busy, and he couldn't stop; The customers, waiting their turns, were all reading The 'Daily, ' the 'Heral ... more

• Foti Xh (8/16/2008 6:52:00 AM) Post reply

hi! i was wondering if anyone could help me, or better, suggest me any poets that are worth to read. i kind of like philosophic poems or topics. thanks

• Neojuna Riddick (8/11/2008 9:03:00 AM) Post reply

A few months back My Ex sent me a FOUL email that was a poem he said he had written. I know that the style, and wording are way beyond his writing abilities. It is rude, mean, just plain disgusting. So I know that the only way to find out who REALLY wrote it, or if it is actually lyrics IS TO ASK A REAL POET. It is way to offensive, and the launguage to foul to post. If ANYONE would e-mail me so I can send it to you. Or I may be able to rewrite it without the foul words. That may be impossible though. The title is well....First letter C and last letter T. A 4 letter word that sickens me. PLEASE HELP. I also have 3 or 4 more of his 'poems'. I just HAVE TO KNOW thanks

• Kenneth Haddon (8/11/2008 2:35:00 AM) Post reply

I am trying to find the details of a poem / children's song, which my 99 year old aunt remembers her mother telling / singing to her. It is based on a poem by Victor Hugo on poor fisherfolk, and we think it begins with the lines 'tis night the cabin door is shut, the room though poor is warm'. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Karen Owen (8/10/2008 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for information on a Nursery song my mother sang to me many years ago, any info would be great if you know it.

There was a little girl,
    who tried very hard to be good,
    she went for a walk one day to pick some flowers in a wood,
    she picked and she picked and she picked until she got tired,
    then she layed her basket down and sat down herself and cried,
    she cried so much she fell asleep alone on the ground,
    a little bird popped up his head and said come follow me,
    he hopped and he popped and he said come follow me,
    for I have a cozy nest high up in an Ivy tree.

I sing this now to my daughter but would love some information on it.

• Ann Mcdermott (8/9/2008 5:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

looking for the author of the following poem
    the one L lama he's a priest
    the two L llama, he's a beast
    and I will bet a silk pajama
    there isn't any three L lllama!

• N L (8/7/2008 10:43:00 AM) Post reply

I will love you if you find this poem for me! ! ! ! ! !

Someone found this poem for me once before.....and I lost it.

The poem is about a group of strangers huddled around a dying fire in the cold. Each person has a log but no one wants to put their log in because it might benefit the others and they all are prejudice towards each other. The fire eventually goes out and I think it's implied that they all die.

• Josh Breson (8/4/2008 2:16:00 AM) Post reply

hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know about a poem that is from the perspective of a vietnam vet when people started recgonising them as heros?

• Ann Mcdermott (7/29/2008 11:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

looking for the lyrics to a poem about aging...
    ' the sword of Charlemagne the just, is ferric oxide known as rust
    .... great Ceaser's bust is on the shelf, and I don't feel so well, myself'
    can you help find the title/poet? thanks

• Ann Mcdermott (8/9/2008 5:11:00 PM) Post reply

thank you! that was quick! just what I needed. :)

• Laura Burns (7/29/2008 8:20:00 PM) Post reply

ON THE VANITY OF EARTHLY GREATNESS The tusks which clashed in mighty brawls Of mastodons, are billiard balls. The sword of Charlemagne the Just Is Ferric Oxide, known as rust. The grizzly ... more

• xxxxx xxx (7/27/2008 7:01:00 AM) Post reply

hey i have new poetry on my page feel free to check them out, comment or rate them if you wish

Thanks,

Uthman Ibn Aziz

[Hata Bildir]