Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Silver Star - 9,279 Points Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 3:07:00 AM) Post reply

Dear poets and dear members, please pick any poem, so we can analyze it fully. Thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Tom Dehn (8/28/2014 9:34:00 AM) Post reply

i am looking for a poem that my uncle had to memorize when he was in grade school early to mid 1950's. It was about a man who traveled daily on a train (or maybe it was a worker on the train) . He sees an old house and decides to buy it. He fixes it up and then donates it. Thats all I got. He went to a catholic grade school so it my be religious. Likely not very long cause he had to memorize it..

Thanks for any help

Tom

• Silver Star - 9,279 Points Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:07:00 AM) Post reply

Dear members. What do you think about summarizing certain poems to certain poets daily?Thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Muhammad Mohebujjaman (8/26/2014 10:47:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone has English translation of Jasimuddin's poem " Polli Jononi" ?Please help me.

• Freshman - 1,756 Points Pranab K Chakraborty (8/25/2014 12:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can't remember the poem, please anybody....

EVEN PAIN
    THAT IS A GOD
    TO THE SENSES

Replies for this message:
  • Silver Star - 9,279 Points Mohammad Skati (8/23/2014 9:39:00 AM) Post reply

" THE WASTELAND " is a great a poem by the great poet T.S.ELIOT. I am looking for other poets to share reading, explaining, and commenting on this poem. Thanks.

• Rookie - 10 Points Max White (8/23/2014 2:00:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks James. Yep, have been trying on and off for about 12 months on various sites - all combinations etc etc. My Grandfather liked english poets eg Byron - so if it was one of the recognised poets, you think It would come up on a search.

Max

• Rookie - 11 Points James Vickers (8/22/2014 12:29:00 PM) Post reply

To Max - I presume you've tried posting various bits of the poem into google as an exact search term and come up with nothing?

• Rookie - 11 Points James Vickers (8/22/2014 12:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, I'm a new member and I'm hoping that somebody knows where I can find this poem! Some 60 years ago (or so) in my childhood, my sister used to read me a poem about a cat telephoning a fish shop (pretending to be the householder) and putting in a huge order. The only two lines that I can remember are the first - " Hello, is that the fish shop, I've an order here for you" and the last " what's that?A dogfish?Oh no, no, no, please leave that on your slab" I've tried the usual google searches but to no avail - does it ring a bell with anyone, or can you suggest popular humourous children's poets of the 1950's where I can have a trawl through their work?

• Rookie - 10 Points Max White (8/22/2014 2:18:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Guys
    I am trying to identify the poem this verse from. It was one of grandfathers favourites. Has anyone got any clues please?

“The tracks that we together trod still wind oe’r hill and plain.

Still falls the diamond pointed dew, still falls the freshening rain.

May there be birds among the trees, may there be blossoms, blown across the road,

that last long road, where you have gone alone”.

[Hata Bildir]