Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Emily Strange (11/22/2012 2:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi i am looking for a poem think its by thomas hardy it has the words................. Rage rage against the dying of the light any help will be greatly appreciated..

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (11/22/2012 9:05:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is " Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas (not Thomas Hardy) and you can find it here: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/do-not-go-gentle-into-that-good-night/

• K Hall (11/21/2012 5:59:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I had about 20 yrs ago. It is about God and relationships. I don't remember the exact lines but its a poem of God talking to you about not serching for the perfect relationship. To be patient and when you are ready He will provide you with the most perfect one he has chosen for you. If anyone knows of this poem or where to find it please reply.

• Mark Williams (11/19/2012 4:20:00 PM) Post reply

I'm trying to find a poem about an unamed person/thing knocking on the door of a house but the people inside are refusing to answer the door fearing that it's death knocking

• Charlie Lowe (11/18/2012 3:37:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for a humorous peom describing the degrees of burglery (e.g., first degree, second degree, etc) . The one line I remember is partial and goes " ..and if in the dwelling you hurt someone" . This poem is probably 30 years old.

• Gajanan Mishra Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/18/2012 9:12:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

i am looking for a poem where there is full of love full of truth full of light full of life
    So that I can go for a drive where I can find forget and forgive.

• Daylon Davidson Rookie - 1st Stage (5/13/2013 9:14:00 PM) Post reply

I like your poem, im looking for a poem. It is inspiring and truthful.

• Dr Library @ Debadarshi Rookie - 1st Stage (3/14/2013 10:37:00 AM) Post reply

Please Can I invite you to read" THE MOTHER" or " WE MET AFTER A DREAM" or " THOUGHTS CAPTURED IN HER EYES" . I believe that they will not disappoint you....

• Diane Mccully Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/17/2012 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

Hi all, Im new to this site and wondered if you could help me please?
    A lng time ago I won a competition by reciting a poem, I was a little girl at the time and want to find out more...
    The poem was by an author called margaret somebody and went kinda like....

my homes a country cottage,
    with roses round the door.
    It has a roof made out of thatch,
    some people call it straw.

I cant remember the rest and would love to getr the rest of the poem, can anbody help please?

• Cathey Theriot Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/17/2012 9:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

This poem is to help one remember the presidents of the United States in the chronological order in which they served.

The first on the list is Washington Virginia's proudest name.
    John Adams next the Federalist from Massachusetts came.
    Three sons of old Virginia into the White House go.
    T'was Jefferson and Madison and then came James Monroe.

Massachusetts for one term sent Adams called John Q.
    And Tennessee a Democrat, brave Jackson Staunch and true.

The poem continued on through Harry Truman. I would love to have it again

• Cathey Theriot Rookie - 1st Stage (11/17/2012 7:54:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you so much Laura. I had to memorize this poem in the 7th grade in Sister Mary Peter's class. Now I have all that Ms. Gilman wrote. Perhaps Sister Peter made up the rest to fill in from Cooli ... more

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (11/17/2012 1:25:00 PM) Post reply

I could only find it through Coolidge: Our Presidents—A Memory Rhyme First on the list is Washington, Virginia's proudest name; John Adams next, the Federalist, from Massachusetts came; Three ... more

• Linda Baker Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/13/2012 9:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This is part of a poem my mother would sing to her grand children. Is it familiar to anyone?

Come little leaf said the wind one day
    Over the fields with me to play
    Put on your blanket of red and gold
    Summer is gone and the night is cold

Thanks.

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (11/13/2012 10:31:00 AM) Post reply

The poem is " Come Little Leaves, " by George Cooper: " Come, little leaves, ” Said the wind one day, “Come over the meadows With me, and play; Put on your dresses Of red and ... more

• Frances Bradley Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/12/2012 6:04:00 AM) Post reply

I'm trying to find a poem I had to recite when I was young, it would have been in the 1970's.

It was about honeysuckle and the only part I can remember goes something like: The thing about honeysuckle is it grows so very tall.. there was also mention of the neighbours wall. I'm not sure if this was written by someone local or if it was a published verse or poem.

Thanks very much.

Frances

• Valerie Daugherty Bronze Star - 4th Stage (11/11/2012 8:14:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I used to have, I believe it begins " Down they come, the Autumn leaves, playing tag among the trees" . The poem ends with " When winds of Autumn whisper come" .

[Hata Bildir]