Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Heather Simchuk (10/10/2012 11:28:00 AM) Post reply

I have been looking for this poem for about 8 years! I have always thought it was by Czeslaw Milosz, but i have searched...to no avail. The poem is about " 4 am" - what it is like to be up at 4 am, how it feels, etc.
    Anybody out there have any ideas???
    Would soo love to reconnect with this poem!

• Lavanga Carter (10/9/2012 9:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello. I am looking for something that is more a prayer/inspirational verse than poem, kind of along the lines of Desiderata. And I remember very little of it. Basically the speaker is asking for some very basic blessings - like food shelter etc, and then goes on to ask that s/he not be so concerned or take too seriously 'the petty (little?) thing called I'. And that's about all I recall. I liked it b/c take myself and my miseries way to seriously at times. Thanks.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (10/10/2012 2:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think this may be it: Give me a good digestion, Lord, and also something to digest; Give me a healthy body, Lord, and sense to keep it at its best. Give me a healthy mind, good Lord, to keep ... more

• Milagros Baez (10/8/2012 5:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Recently read a poem by Maya Angelou but can't recall title. It talked about products being bought without knowing where it originated from....something about TIMBERLANDS and the persong who owns it being the President of the KKK, NIKE, and others.....then pointing out that FUBU is created by Blacks but we run to buy Timberlands, etc....

Please, anyone knows the title of this poem???? Thank you

• Laura Burns (10/9/2012 3:14:00 PM) Post reply

Maya Angelou did not write the poem attributed to her. It has been debunked as an urban legend. See: http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/timberland.asp

• Garrett Richardson (10/4/2012 12:28:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everyone. Just wanting to invite you all to check out some of my poems. They are primarily about my past addiction problems and the love of my life who helped me overcome my problem. I like to say they are fairly good, however I am very interested in seeing some feedback from other people. So please stop by my page and view some of my poems if you get a chance. Thank you.

• Gib S (10/3/2012 12:58:00 AM) Post reply

Hello-Kind of a long shot but-I vaguely remember a line that captures the idea that the pain of being born reverberates throughout life. Perhaps even that cries upon entry echo to the end. Thought maybe it was T.S. Eliot but I searched through Four Quartets, etc... Remind you of anything?

Thanks,

G

• Kim Landon (9/27/2012 5:27:00 AM) Post reply

Hi there,

I am searching for a poem I studied years ago and cannot find it anywhere. It was about a man who works in a concentration camp who comes home to kiss his daughter goodnight. I also don't mean the Sylvia Plath poem 'daddy'.

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• Alan Morris (9/26/2012 5:16:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, Sunlight glints off a coffin under dark clouds in the distance. A friend is to be buried. We studied this poem at school at least forty years ago. Probably a poem by a classic British poet. Can you help to identify?Thanks Alan

• Guillermo Duque (9/25/2012 1:38:00 PM) Post reply

tengo un libro titulado POEMS OF PLEASURE by ELLA WHEELER WILCOX copyright 1902 by W.B. CONKEY COMPANY. EL UNICO RECORD QUE ENCUENTRO SE LLAMA POEMS OF PASSION ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR PARA SABER SI ESTE LIBRO PUEDE SER ORIGINAL????? PUEDE TENER ALGUN VALOR??? MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS A LA PERSONA QUE PUEDA AYUDARME CON ALGUN DATO. MI CORREO ES: guillermo.duque@hotmail.com

• Maisa Andrade (9/25/2012 10:07:00 AM) Post reply

Please, somebody has the poema of Thom Gunn: " Eastern Europe, February 1990" ?I need it a lot! Thanks.

• Lars Lindell (9/25/2012 12:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Many years ago I heard a poem in the BBC TV_series " Inspector Morse" , read by John Thaw. I have desperately been trying to find the whole poem, the poet etc. I have even written to " The Inspector Morse Society" to no awail. Can anybody help me??Please.

- " When I grow old, I shall build me a house, not far from the sea
    with a thick, thached roof, to keep out the cold.
    And there, the boys that were boys - when I was a boy, shall drink there with me"

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated! !

• Laura Burns (9/25/2012 11:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The poem is " The South Country" by Hilaire Belloc, and you can find it on this site: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-south-country/

[Hata Bildir]