Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Patricia Bachand (11/27/2012 11:03:00 PM) Post reply

Long time ago I read a poem about a girl whose lover Billy(?) dies. She rides with death and ends up staying with him. Rather vague I know but does it ring a bell.

• Lin Catherine (11/26/2012 10:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for this one poem. It's called italic and goes something like this

I used to live in capitals
    my life was (something) phallic
    but now I'm sadly lowercase
    with the occasional
    italic

it's a also a visual poem with the first two lines written in capitals, the next two in lowercase and the last in italic font.
    would be great if somebody knew the writers name.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/28/2012 2:23:00 PM) Post reply

You have this poem by Roger McGough practically word perfect: I USED TO LIVE IN CAPITALS, MY LIFE INTENSELY PHALLIC but now i'm strictly lower-case, with the occasional italic Sorry I can't ... more

• Stephen Ansley (11/26/2012 1:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I read a poem in high school once about a man that constantly read romantic tales of knights and chivalry and wished he was born in that time period. However, he spends so much time dreaming about this that he neglects the real world. I think it was written in the 19th or early 20th century but that's all I can recall. Any suggestions?

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/27/2012 10:01:00 AM) Post reply

I am sure your poem is " Miniver Cheevy" by Edwin Arlington Robinson. You can find it here: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/miniver-cheevy/

• Craig Murphy (11/25/2012 5:51:00 PM) Post reply

Hi All,

I am looking for a poem by a Middlesbrough poet. I am sure he was called Arthur Abbott. The poem starts something like this 'Everyone needs a friend, to tell their trouble to, one who cares and knows you're there, someone just like you.' Struggling to reme, ber the title or find the actual poem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Dan Fitz (11/25/2012 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

" a dream of bees" , perhaps not a poem exactly which may be why i haven't found it on the web. it was about an unborn child being offered different gifts for it's life while still in the womb by a swarm of bees, i think. it spurned the usual gifts we would want and took the gift of a troubled and difficult path or something like it. i believe it was by a woman and i don't remember where i saw it at least 10 or 15 years ago but it completely fit my life. any clues would be appreciated.

• Kimball Wheeler (11/24/2012 10:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem by Lord Byron which was set to music (in German) by Robert Schumann.
    The first line is " Mein Herz ist schwer" . An English translation would be, " my Heart is heavy" .
    The published song's title is " Aus den hebraische Gesange" (" From the Hebrew Songs" .
    Thank you!

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/25/2012 3:19:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is " My Soul Is Dark" and can be found here: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/my-soul-is-dark-2/

• Emily Strange (11/22/2012 2:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi i am looking for a poem think its by thomas hardy it has the words................. Rage rage against the dying of the light any help will be greatly appreciated..

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/22/2012 9:05:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is " Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas (not Thomas Hardy) and you can find it here: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/do-not-go-gentle-into-that-good-night/

• K Hall (11/21/2012 5:59:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I had about 20 yrs ago. It is about God and relationships. I don't remember the exact lines but its a poem of God talking to you about not serching for the perfect relationship. To be patient and when you are ready He will provide you with the most perfect one he has chosen for you. If anyone knows of this poem or where to find it please reply.

• Mark Williams (11/19/2012 4:20:00 PM) Post reply

I'm trying to find a poem about an unamed person/thing knocking on the door of a house but the people inside are refusing to answer the door fearing that it's death knocking

• Charlie Lowe (11/18/2012 3:37:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for a humorous peom describing the degrees of burglery (e.g., first degree, second degree, etc) . The one line I remember is partial and goes " ..and if in the dwelling you hurt someone" . This poem is probably 30 years old.

[Hata Bildir]