Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Carol Snead (6/28/2012 11:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I'am looking for a poem:
    a child that is showed love will gow up knowing how to give love....
    Achild that is critize will grow up.......
    A child that is abused will grow up a be an abuser.....
    it has ten or more phases, and is like to parenting.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (6/29/2012 12:55:00 PM) Post reply

The poem is " Children Learn What They Live" by Dorothy Law Nolte. You can find it here: http://www.empowermentresources.com/info2/childrenlearn-long_version.html

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Sam W. (6/28/2012 11:19:00 AM) Post reply

Is the Pablo Neruda poem " Head on a Spear/ Pole" uploaded on this site under another name?In Spanish it would be, " La cabeze en el palo"

I've browsed and browsed but haven't been able to find it. The first lines should read,

Balboa, you brought death and claws
    everywhere into the sweet land
    of Central America, and among those hunting dogs
    your dog was your soul:

So has anyone seen this poem?If its not already here than I'll see to it myself that it gets uploaded! :)
    I can't believe its not here though!

• Gill Crozier (6/27/2012 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

I am actually trying to find some poems by a welsh poet called Leslie Norris. I think he died in 2006 and wad published a book of poems entitled Water Voices. If not can anyone suggest poems about water by welsh poets.
    Many thanks

• R Elbee (6/19/2012 1:30:00 PM) Post reply

I find it is truly disgusting that you havent included on the site the entire works of Derek Walcott - the greatest living poet in the English language.... just three of his poems can be found on your site! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Carol Morgan (6/18/2012 12:03:00 PM) Post reply

I was reading a short story by Ray Bradbury titled " Some Live Like Lazarus." I think he is paraphrasing a poet when he writes: " He was a sprig of farewell summer pressed in an old book, to be taken out, turned over, admired, once a year, but more than that?Who could say?Surely not I, so long, so late in the day. Life is questions, not answers." Help me remember the author and title of the poem, please!

• Rita Brophy (6/18/2012 7:43:00 AM) Post reply

Hello I'm looking for poem I once heard which I am sure is called 'The Rose' . Its about the way in which nature is happy being itself and the rose is content with 'being' and not 'doing' and doesnt have to try hard at being itself... Does that ring bells for anyone? i know there are other poems on the same theme but this one was particularly about the rose. I thought it was written by Waldo Emerson but found no results there. Thanks

• Rich Stadler (6/17/2012 1:08:00 PM) Post reply

I'm writing to ask if anyone can identify a poem for me. I only know some of the lines, sketchily. I am forced to paraphrase, but it goes something like this:

Love her lightly,

And for the shortest while.

For light things suit her best:

the turn of a brow

a dark handsome head

a ____ ___ _____ ___ _____)

She_____ __ _______,

and she knows no guile

But love her lightly,

and for the shortest while.

• Dolly Van (6/16/2012 6:57:00 PM) Post reply

Looking for a poem that starts out:
    " In Might-Have-Been Land"

also has the line " touch of a hand"

Not a very long poem, but very special to me.

• Wayne Olson (6/14/2012 10:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello. I am looking for a poem that ends with " one step from the void" .

Thanks Wayne

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (6/15/2012 11:44:00 AM) Post reply

That is the final line to the song " Lakeshore" which you can find here: http://www.thesixtyone.com/s/4ry82YHjUj4/

• Rob Lecap (6/13/2012 2:00:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, Someone please help. I have been looking for a poem that I read back in high school for a very long time. I don't remember the title nor the author. It was about a guy whom enjoyed drinking and partying. He wanted peole to celebrate at his funeral and throw a party and not be sad. He wanted to be frozen in ice, propped up in the room and have people chip the ice to use in their drinks. Thank you very much if you can help

[Hata Bildir]