Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Lynn Anne Brown (2/18/2014 4:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a copy of, if I am remembering the title correctly. It's been more than 40 years since I last read it, a poem called " Ode to a leather Bottle" by that ever prolific writer Anonymous.

Replies for this message:
    • Thomas Vaughan Jones (2/24/2014 5:05:00 PM) Post reply

Would this be the one Ode to a Bottle (Requiem for a Toe) - - - - - - - - Bottle tall, filled with drink. Ring you up, I will, I think. Across the scanner your barcode goes, off ... more

• Michael Lundholm (2/18/2014 1:14:00 AM) Post reply

Does anyone know if " The Man in The Arena" , a Theodore Roosevelt quote, will ever become an addition to this site?

• Steven Ross Proctor (2/17/2014 9:59:00 PM) Post reply

the poem or story talked about a young man and seeing a young women dressed in white she was so beautiful unable to approach her he wrote this poem/story.

• Shaorn Churches (2/8/2014 1:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Who is the poet whose poem included the line " Blessings on thee little man, barefoot boy with cheeks of tan?"

• Bo-edward Lawrence (2/7/2014 12:06:00 PM) Post reply

" There's two parts to love
    So why does it come gift wrapped as one gift.
    It's like when you fall in love your heart slips
    Between the arms of a Double sided Rolex
    One arm reading beautiful and romantic stories which you can only read slowly in time.
    And the other cracked and brittle
    Equivalent to a heart which has been stripped away of happiness and deprived of an end.
    How unique love can be?
    Stimulating the thoughts of romantic souls to search for a meaning,
    Unfortunately to find, you never stop loving someone you only find someone else to think about.
    And when your mind goes blank and your heart feels hollow.
    You seek others to complete your mind and seek more love to hopefully fill your heart when smothered in it.
    And as we try to chase love, love continues to chase us.
    Sometimes we catch up and feel it for only a moment
    Until we lose track of reality and fall from gods finger tips! "
    Bo-Edward Lawrence

• Jasper O (2/2/2014 4:11:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for an English language poem. It's about a hawk or an eagle or a similar bird. It describes the world and himself from his point of view. He feels himself superior to the world and admires himself. Does anyone have any idea?

• Laura Burns (2/2/2014 8:36:00 PM) Post reply

I don't know about feeling superior, but maybe you are thinking about " The Eagle" by Tennyson.

• Steph H (1/31/2014 1:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have a passage from a poem I read in a book a few years ago, can't remember who it's by or the book name. The part I have is;

..to a common ground
    that lies deep within and beyond us.
    A place - long remembered -
    where we all can meet
    beyond visible and verbal difficulties
    where each may feel safe
    take heart
    and remember the quiet love
    that enfolds us all

• Laura Burns (1/31/2014 1:50:00 PM) Post reply

One place this passage is found is The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne.

• Naomi Taylor (1/30/2014 6:10:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone know the author of a poem that starts with the line " after the clouds the sun shines - used often at funerals or in death notices.

• Nathon Smith (1/26/2014 8:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

HI. for my English class, I am assigned to find a poem that was written 100 years ago or later and compare its theme with a theme of a contemporary poem. I was wondering if there are any good poems that utilize extended metaphors.

• Laura Burns (1/27/2014 7:36:00 PM) Post reply

A lot. Look at " Hope Is the Thing with Feathers" by Emily Dickinson, for one.

• Shaun Owen (1/26/2014 7:20:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm after a quote that goes something like 'the test of a poem is not that one wants to marry it immefiately, but that one wants to return to it again....soon'
    Trying to find who said it and the exact quote?
    Thanks

[Hata Bildir]