Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Lori Gant (5/25/2013 11:58:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem for my mother-in-law. This is the part she remembers:

All you have to do my friend
    this wonder to achieve
    is close your eyes and lift your heart
    and whisper, " I believe"

• Fale Joshua (5/23/2013 3:59:00 AM) Post reply

At times i wonder, with shallow brain i ponder with callow mind i conclude, it is naboth's vineyard. Heaven bless the earth cos i did not knw my mouth wet d land is green on a dark rich earth i gazed gazed n gazed indeed, is a promise land. In humble adoration i bow before your throne, as i come before your presence so i lift my voice in praise atone gu...ide our leaders right, help our youth to know the truth. Fools with stunted growth spit you those with stunted height despise you said they " it shall not be well." aback! Listen, no matter where you go, no matter what you say, there is no place like home. NIGERIA!

• Robert Schaffner (5/16/2013 7:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem told to me by my mother some 40 years ago, I don't know the name or poet, just some of the words.
    in the poor side of town you'll find a little one room shack,
    a boy lives there, but nothing much to see,
    threadbare cloths and empty shelves,
    so fill my stocking to the brim and I'll be Santa Clause to him.

Please it would mean the world to me if someone could help me, as I want to teach it to my childern, and grandchildren...

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (5/18/2013 1:38:00 PM) Post reply

Here it is: A NOTE TO SANTA CLAUS by Frank D. Sherman Santa Claus, I hang for you By the mantel, stockings two; One for me and one to go To another boy I know. There's a chimney in the to ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Skyla Rain (5/16/2013 4:40:00 PM) Post reply

*warning this might suck*

A dandelion, yellow like the sun,

so bright in the color,

It resembles the sun.

when the seeds spread,

they spread like wild fire,

and when they fall,

it looks like snow.

• Rookie - 0 Points Richard Hodgson (5/16/2013 2:07:00 PM) Post reply

I'm pushing it a bit here but I don't know what else to do.
    I heard a reading on the radio the other night, it was read by a well spoken English man, all I can remember was it seemed to me to describe old England. There was a mention of cockle picker women and other charaters of the time. I need to know what this poem was it's driving me mad. Any suggestion much appreciated.

• Rookie - 0 Points Katarina Spudic (5/16/2013 7:09:00 AM) Post reply

Hi am looking for the words to a poem I knew as a 4 year old
    it starts like this

Dear little cuddly native bear
    how your big eyes stare and stare

Does anyone know this poem and if so could you please send me the words

Thanks Katarina

• Rookie - 0 Points James Turner (5/15/2013 3:56:00 AM) Post reply

Hi. I'm looking for a poem I studied at school years ago but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was by or what it was called. The only thing I can remember about it was that it was about a bus journey in really bad weather, possibly winter. The poet was speaking about a journey to see his mother I think and discussed the harshness of those orange sodium lights. Very vague I know but if anyone could help that was be great.

• Rookie - 0 Points Ronald Baumann (5/13/2013 4:14:00 PM) Post reply

In the French art movie " Holy Motors" (English subtitled) , Kylie Minogue sings the haunting lyrics to the song " Who Were We (When We Were Who We Were) ." This song stands out both for the fact that it's the only English spoken in the entire movie and for its deeply moving (to me) lyrics that somehow remind me of some of the song-poems of the Beatles such as " Cry for No One" and " Yesterday." However the music and miscellaneous background noise in the movie obscures some the lyrics, and I am dying to read the whole song/poem in its entirety. I have scoured the 'Net via Google, but none of the song lyrics sites has it- probably because it was never included in one of Kylie's actual albums. Can anyone here help? My email is rbaumann1@hotmail.com if you'd rather reply that way instead of posting here. TIA!

• Rookie - 0 Points Lynette Myers (5/12/2013 5:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I read a poem years ago and would love to find it again. One of the sentences was...... and He searched me down the Labarythine ways, and the.....?something beat and the drum beat.... something like that! Anybody got any knowledge of a poem like that?

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 0 Points Jay Kaye (5/11/2013 10:37:00 AM) Post reply

Desperate to track down a poem I read many years ago. I have only a very hazy memory - or rather impression - of it. Google hasn't helped. The poem appears to be describing a garden or landscape, but instead of using nouns for plants and animals it uses nouns for body parts. The final line might go something like this:
    " The clavicles swayed in the evening breeze, while a lone spleen fluttered squawking across the lake."
    I seem to recall that it was by a well-known mid-century poet - Louis Macneice or Archibald Macleish maybe.

[Hata Bildir]