Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Carol Shields (3/5/2013 12:01:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I'm looking for an old poem about a grandmother who sleeps in the shade while her grandchild plays - It may be older, but I remember it from the 1950s.

• Jake Morey (3/2/2013 1:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Looking for a poem I heard once as a Child.
    I only remember that last word of the 2nd to last line and the last line of the poem it self.

" Sunder, Man's first words were wonder wonder"
    Any help would be amazing.

Replies for this message:
    • Brigit Murray (3/2/2013 6:47:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Not having much luck finding it for you. But I did find someone else looking for the same poem, and she remembered all of the second last line if that helps: - 'And put it not to sunder.' Will ... more

• Ayd D (2/25/2013 9:25:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I need to find a poem about deahtly passion or death and reason. Thanks!

• Samuel Peterson (2/24/2013 1:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

I'm looking for poetry on the Spanish Civil War. Can anybody lead me to some poems, please?

• Sandy Player (2/25/2013 2:38:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Ooh so much great stuff... From a non-spanish speaking poet: Spain-by WH Auden From a spanish speaking poet: Mass-by Cesar Vallejo ...and google waits at your service should you wish for more.

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Jawn Smith (2/24/2013 10:09:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem that I thought was titled " Dance Alone"
    The Author leads you to believe that they are in a controlling relationship and refers to being guided like a horse with reins and goes on to say that over time the rope is starting to frey and they will soon break free from the reins. The last sentence in the poem simply states " and in the end, I will dance alone"
    This may not be the title as I cannot locate it anywere on the inetrnet. I was really hoping to find it to give to a friend in need. Hope someone can help!

• Fred Grist (2/24/2013 3:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Sorry to be a pain, but age overtakes me and the poem is from my school days.
    It contains lines about mysterious creatures appearing from the mist (sea?) . I think it describes all shapes and sizes.
    Thanks for your help.

• Mark English (5/25/2013 1:42:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Sounds like it could be Robert Graves' poem 'Welsh Incident', which is available right here: http://www.poemhunter.com/best-poems/robert-graves/welsh-incident/

• Anna Howard (2/20/2013 12:07:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'm trying to find a poem I read a few years ago. No clue who wrote it, but it was about some of the poet's close ancestors and if (for example, not sure if this is actually right) his grandmother couldn't cook and his grandfather didn't speak a certain language, etc, none of what was happening now would have occured. It ended with something on how you might think everything is exactly how it is supposed to be, but your life now is really based on all those decisions that came before you. Hope this makes sense to someone and they know what I'm talking about! Thanks!

• Brigit Murray (2/17/2013 12:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I am looking for 2 poems actually. One I heard at an Eisteddfod a couple of years ago. Unfortunately there is not much that I know about it other than most (or all) of the words started with 'W'. It made sense and in fact was quite witty (excuse the pun) . I also have a feeling (but don't quote me) it was written by a famous poet.

I haven't actually heard the second poem that I am looking for, but wondered if someone may be of assistance. I am after a lyric poem about Irish fairies. Does anyone know if such a poem exists?

Thank you very much for any light you may shed. These are for my daughter who is studying for speech exams and performing arts competitions.

• Brigit Murray (2/17/2013 1:58:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Also looking for another poem I heard during a documentary about autism some 5 or 6 years ago. It started with something similar to " Mother's, never tie your child's hair with a green ribbon... ... more

• Sophie Li (2/16/2013 11:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I'm looking for a poem that I once loved but now can't remember. It's very short, only two stanzas, and if I remember correctly it was translated into English and the title might have been something like " War Principles, " although it might've been a bad Google translation. I think it might've been translated from a Romance language, probably Portuguese or Spanish. I don't think it was a recent poem; it was probably written in the mid-1900's but I'm not entirely sure!

The first stanza of the poem talks about how we lose focus in the enemy's eyes (or maybe it was how we can't remember a single enemy's eyes) in the middle of a battlefield, but in the second stanza it goes something like " but it would take eternity to forget about yours" ... something like that anyway! Any help would be so greatly appreciated! :)

• Allian Bern Fuentes (2/10/2013 3:12:00 AM) Post reply Stage

The Rotten Diary

I was born with my friend named hatred
    We grown up in the planet named loneliness
    Right there we're like skeletons in the darkness
    Our fists are on the flame for revenge
    We'll hit the door with a bang like a riot
    Like four-walled hell in the every vision
    Won't let them run out to fail the mission
    We'll burn every ashes in your debris
    If there's an evil right now it should be me

You compared me to the gods before