Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:41:00 AM) Post reply Stage

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:41:00 AM) Post reply Stage

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Ali N (7/29/2013 2:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I am getting married in a few weeks, and heard a poem a while back that would make for great wedding vows... only I didn't bother to ask about the title or the author. It's a love poem about two people being together, and they are so in love that when they die and become ashes, their atoms will still find each other and become one. I'm pretty sure it's not an ancient poem. Anybody have any thoughts?

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Winter Night (7/28/2013 5:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

A line from a poem is sticking in my head and I can't find out what the poem is using Google search. The line is
    " I hear a voice, is it my own?"
    Anyone have an idea what it is?

• A Michaelle Yarbrough (7/27/2013 5:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I have been on the site a couple of days now. I hope that you read my poems and enjoy them. Thank you

• Helen Mathieson (7/26/2013 2:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi, hoping someone can help me... I don't know the title or author but can remember several chunks of the poem - I'd be so grateful if someone recognises it and could tell me who it's by.............I think it starts............On those long afternoons in the bed by the door in the Clement Atlee ward, when even lucozade cannot replace lost energy.........do you think that you think of the things you did, or didn't do, the words unspoken, the cheek unkissed.....lust, was it, or love?Was it false or true? Who cares now, dying you'll grieve for the things you didn't do (there are certainly chunks missing as I can't remember all of it!) .........take any chance you get, for if you take it or you leave it, you'll end up with regret...... Not sure I can think of any more but would be eternally grateful if someone knows this poem. Thank you...

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Suzanne Nelson (7/25/2013 9:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

My father passed away recently and my mother is having the following line she remembered from a poem, " Somewhere in the darkness, love, your hand will still find mine" engraved on his grave marker.She can no longer find her copy of the poem and I would love to locate a copy for her. I don't know if the line is exactly how it was written in the poem. I suspect it might be the last line of the poem. I would appreciate any help you can give me with this.

• Laura Burns (7/26/2013 10:08:00 PM) Post reply Stage

MY VOW TO LOVE by Thomas Kinkade When time has stolen away our stars And only the night endures Yet somewhere in the darkness, love, My hand will still seek yours. When youth has danced its ... more

• Calvin Romrell (7/23/2013 9:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

The poem had some of the following lines. I learned it in high school over 35 years ago. What follows is all that I can remember:

There are some who wait for their ship to come in, for their ship to come in from the sea.
    This question they ask, as they watch and they wait, will my ship come in for me?

• Tim Kossow (7/23/2013 5:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a poem I once read online for a few hours now, without luck. So I hope someone here might help me.

I was experiencing Sleep Paralysis, also known as the " Old Hag" Syndrome a while back, got online to find out what it was and found the answers I'm looking for. I also found a poem, which impressed me. Too bad I didn't write it down.

I'm working on a idea for a film script about this phenomenon, since a lot of people know it and it's such a dramatic experience. Still, only few are actually educating themselves about it or talk about it.

Anyway... I can only remember a few things about the poem. The thing that resonated with me the most was the end, it went something like this:

" I light a candle in my room,

It's quiet, no one's there,

I'm alone."

I'd really like to incorporate this peom into the script, but I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help!

• Tim Kossow (7/23/2013 5:25:00 AM) Post reply Stage

P.S.: It was an old poem (hence the candle) , so nothing 21st century or even the second half of the 20th century I guess. Thanks!

• Klaas Chaos K Senamela (7/23/2013 2:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Beautiful poem, I've posted a poem Last Night and when i share its link to people, they tell me that the link doesn't take them to the poem. So i used the link also and they are correct it says 'Not found' even on google when i search for the poem it is there but when i click on the Title it says 'Not found'. So please help me out on what could be the problem?

[Hata Bildir]