Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Matt Wheeler (10/6/2013 7:21:00 AM) Post reply

Hello

I am trying to find the full text of Susy Evelyne's poem about Clifton Suspension Bridge. It contains the words:

Mr Isambard Brunel - won't you take me in your arms?I feel under a spell on your...

A google search led me to this site but the trail has gone cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Matt

• Carol Pierce (10/3/2013 8:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I would like to find the poem with the line, " Jubal ain't to home this mornin'" . It's a poem from the mountains of Tennessee/North Carolina.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (10/4/2013 8:47:00 AM) Post reply

The character's name is not Jubal, but Taulbe. Here is the poem: OLD CHRISTMAS by Roy Addison Helton " Where you coming from, Lomey Carter, So airly over the snow? And what's them pret ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Erin Thomas (10/3/2013 4:16:00 PM) Post reply

How do I withdraw my poem from your silly little popularity contest?

• Rookie - 0 Points Bullion Grey (10/2/2013 6:48:00 PM) Post reply

Yes, we'll I just happen to be looking for a poem.
    It must be somewhere that I eventually will find it.
    Cause I've searched for poems before, &they were where I looked last.
    Usually it's a matter of Life I lead. This impromptu existence.
    Like when the rent was due, and I wasn't ready.
    Or when I recall the best pert of an old movie I love.
    As well, the search commences when mean things become meaner.
    But mostly, it's just like today, our ordinary Life.
    Looking, waiting wanting that poem....
    the one that describes my reason for living.

• Rookie - 1 Points Nupur Gupta (10/2/2013 11:26:00 AM) Post reply

i'm looking for a poem posted by someone in the on-going contest on this site. It was about bridge and a castle of clay crumbling down and finding yourself and your place. i don't remember the name of the poem only that it had the word " Bridge" in it. I know it's not much to go by but I really hope to find this poem.. It was the best entry among all I read.

• Rookie - 1 Points Ellen Diamond (10/2/2013 9:08:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I can't seem to locate a poem by William Packard that sounded something like: " Everything is going to be all right, and even if it isn't, everything is going to be all right." Can anyone help?

• Laura Burns (10/3/2013 10:24:00 AM) Post reply

The poem by William Packard: benediction everything's going to be all right and even if everything isn't going to be alright everything's still going to be all right

• Rookie - 1 Points Ernesto Cruz Ramirez (10/1/2013 11:17:00 PM) Post reply

there's a way to search poems by date
    I'm looking for one poem from 15 or 16 of september
    It's about a girl who misses a man
    She describes the man and how much she love and miss him
    The poem is really long, is one of the most long poem i've read

• Rookie - 1 Points Jack Sullivan (10/1/2013 10:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What's a good poem that can be read in 6 minutes?

• Ellen Diamond (10/2/2013 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

Try " Two Tramps in Mud Time" by Robert Frost. It has lots of wisdom and if read slowly enough, reaches close to 6 minutes.

• Rookie - 920 Points Mike Acker (10/1/2013 11:23:00 AM) Post reply

What does " online" mean next to a poem you have published?

• Rookie - 920 Points Runzhi Chen (10/1/2013 7:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Does anyone know that a famous poem describes the a person walks through a very historical city and the petrels falls down and fly in the air?Very beautiful. it makes you feel like you are right now walking in the scene. But I forget the name of it. Help me find it please!

• Laura Burns (10/5/2013 11:33:00 AM) Post reply

The only poem I know about petrels is " The Song of the Stormy Petrels" by Maxim Gorky, in which the petrel symbolizes the Russian Revolution

[Hata Bildir]