Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Steve Smith (9/5/2013 7:59:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi Good people. I have been searching for what I think is a Robert Frost poem for years! ! !
    Perhaps you could help me? All I recall are 2 things: First, I loved the short poem! ! !
    Second, it was about our brief lives and had some words like... we enter this world in
    the stars and we exit in trail of stars. I know this is about as vague as possible, right?
    Just wondered if it might be enough to reconnect me to the poem. Thanks, Sincerely, Steve

• Megan Mitchell (9/2/2013 5:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey guys! So I took creative writing at NYU a few years ago and my prof had us read a poem that really stuck with me. The concept was about a husband looking back on a marriage and it did seem kind of sad/negative. He mentions what life has been like, kids, etc. The line length varied from short to medium length. The only clear line I can remember is " Why couldn't you have lost your virginity to me?" . In the version she printed out for us, there was a picture of a blue/green eye above the poem. Please help! ! ! ! !

Thanks y'all! ! !

• Mark Stephen (8/30/2013 5:12:00 PM) Post reply Stage

The recent sad news about the death of seamus Heaney has reminded me of a poem read out by a distant relative at the funeral or my godfather and uncle in Ireland a couple of years ago. I've tried to google it and can't find it. No ideas who it's by and I feel it inappropriate to email and ask out of the blue. From what i remember the poem is about someone, possibly god speaking to people of different professions giving them advice. Each line starts with to the....he said. Eg to the poet he said..... Very moving at the time and I would love to discover the actual poem

Any help much appreciated

• Bob Scott (8/29/2013 9:08:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi All

I'm looking for a poem I found some years back. All I can remember is some lines from it.

If you recognise then can you please contact me.

Through this frail glass have eyes a few
    Seen upon the grass a fairy dew.
    Or when even come with work well done
    A pumpkin moon pretend the sun.

Thanks in advance

Bob

• Cris Felch (8/28/2013 1:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi everyone....I am looking for a Poem by an author with the last name of Chamberlain and has the line " To have your hand in mine" in it. Can anyone help me? thank you appreciate your time.

• Liron Shekel (8/27/2013 8:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a poem by W. H. Auden from Marginalia that includes the line " a dead man who never caused others to die seldom rates a statue." , or is that the poem?I've never heard/read more so I guess it might be :)

Thank you in advance.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (8/27/2013 8:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Marginalia (II) II A dead man who never caused others to die seldom rates a statue. The last king of a fallen dynasty is seldom well spoken of. Few even wish they could read the lo ... more

• Leslie White (8/26/2013 9:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem that my mother-in-law shared about how fast kids grow up. There is a line about sewing a button. I remember standing at your door. I wished I stayed a minute more. Thanks for your help

• Patricia Galli (8/26/2013 12:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I am looking for a poem that I memorized in kindergarten in 1948. the first lines are:
    " God made the great wide world.
    He made you and me.
    He made the earth and the sky
    and the deep blue sea."

• R Rezek (8/24/2013 10:43:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'm looking for a poem I heard on the radio (an interview on public radio with the poet, in 2007) by a contemporary male poet about parents, essentially watching them grown older and infirm, possibly including mourning them after their death. I think it was parents, and not a specifically a mother or father. I know there was some reference to the discomfort/embarrassment we feel when we think about our conception. I would LOVE to find this poem again.

• Grr Mm (8/20/2013 8:05:00 AM) Post reply Stage

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/a-day-in-daylight/ For my poem is worthy of you too see, so see by viewing this link of my poem 'A Day in Daylight'

[Hata Bildir]