Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Steve Fitzpatrick (3/17/2014 5:09:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello I am looking for a Poem/Limerick I had sent to me Via an old Birthday card.

Forgive the spelling it was a long time ago.
    It was by Pete Shanderputt?
    About golf all I can remember of it was the First and last lines which went " Golf is a game of frustration" & " And the balls are allergic to holes"
    Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Steve

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (3/17/2014 11:01:00 AM) Post reply

Sorry I do not have the second line, but the end of the limerick goes: They stand and they swing, The clubs do their own thing, And the balls are allergic to holes.

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Bob Smith (3/16/2014 10:25:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, I need help finding a poem, I believe it is by Pablo Neruda and goes something like:

One, i love this about you
    Two,
    Three,
    Four, why do we count so high
    Five,

• Tom Cunningham (3/16/2014 11:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem I read when I was in grade school some 40 years ago. It was about a librarian that was hung for having books that the town people considered to be bad. The librarian was speaking from the grave asking how the people could consider something bad when they only considered their thoughts as good and everything else as bad. I thing it was part of a collection of poems in which each grave had a story to tell.

• Laura Burns (4/9/2014 9:00:00 AM) Post reply

The librarian died naturally in the poem, but I think you are remembering " Seth Compton" from Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology.

• Sabrina Priebe (3/16/2014 2:02:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a great poem re: courage in fighting for civil rights. But I don't know the author or title. It refers to Fannie Lou Hamer's campaigning for equal voting rights for black people. (I am not sure if her name was used in the poem.) " she wanted the vote" is a line used at least twice, probably more. Near the end of the poem is the line " men had gone to the bottom of the river/for wanting less" (not sure of the line break) . The poem ends with the lines " black as the earth/underfoot." (I am not entirely sure of the capitalization or punctuation.)

My efforts to find the poem using key phrases in the search box, with or without quotes around them, have come to naught. Either I get inundated by references which contain ONE of the words in my search, or I get a long list of poems which think I am looking for the TITLE of the poem (again, one word out of the phrase will do, apparently) . Or, I ask for an " exact quote" only to be told that my search turned up zero matches. Come ON! Surely it's possible to design a website that allows people without perfect recall to find a poem.

• Jitesh Shah (3/15/2014 10:07:00 PM) Post reply

please read my poem i improve my poem and if any suggession to give reply

• Gina Clark (3/12/2014 8:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello, I'm looking for a poem I read in college...

About watching a couple of sunbathers, young girls, on the beach in Bolinas California
    One line I remember; 'their souls opening and closing, opening and closing...'

• Laura Burns (3/15/2014 1:14:00 PM) Post reply

NORTH OF SAN FRANCISCO by Yehuda Amichai Here the soft hills touch the ocean like one eternity touching another and the cows grazing on them ignore us, like angels. Even the scent of ripe melo ... more

• Crystal Germadnig (3/11/2014 9:16:00 PM) Post reply

Still Searching

I'm seeking a poem that I read maybe...10 years ago..i believe its fairly old but I can't recall for sure...its essentially listing things about the night that are more tempting and more alluring than the day and I think its asking that if the night is meant for rest and repose why make it more lovely than the day..I would greatly appreciate any information in regards to my so far futile hunt! Thank you so much =)

• Blanaid Briody (3/10/2014 11:49:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, I am looking for a poem by Darren Bgyn, A fathers hands it was on poem hunter site as poem of the week September 2013 or later. I would be very happy if I can get this poem as it really hit home for me. Please help.16

• Jade Thomson (3/9/2014 3:20:00 PM) Post reply

Paint my cold ocean waves a calm coral pink
    head swelling like a hurricane
    melt like golden honey upon my lonely head
    waves crashing, and a lighthouse.
    This is all I can remember of a poem I found in a small, yellow poetry book about nine years ago. It was my favorite and I've thought about it for a long time. I would love to read this poem again, any help is appreciated!

• Susie Mclain (3/9/2014 12:12:00 AM) Post reply

I just saw " The Intouchables" and am looking for the poem referenced by Guillaume Apollinaire. They used a line from it " I yearn as I await letters from you...." . My Grandfather used to read this to me and I cannot find the title, I just can't remember it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! Susie

[Hata Bildir]