Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie - 0 Points Tiana Webb (11/19/2013 5:34:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for lyrics actually. I don't know what the song is called so I can't just search it. Some of the lyrics are something like 'wake up' 'superstar' 'hard work' 'get that far'. These are some of the lyrics of the chorus but I can't find it. Any help??

• Rookie - 0 Points Ajit Hutheesing (11/19/2013 10:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have been asking in this FORUM about the so-called poet JING JING - No one has responded to the question: Does Jing Jing exist?Or are the poems attributed to him/her actually from THE BOOK OF SONGS - the earliest collection of ancient Chinese poems. PLEASE HELP - ANYBODY?

Replies for this message:
    • Tiana Webb (11/19/2013 5:35:00 PM) Post reply

When I'm gone is a poem by Jing Jing. Guo Jingjing is a Chinese female diver from the People's Republic of China. She has won the 3m springboard event at five consecutive World Championships. Is t ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Joyce Mcbride (11/19/2013 7:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a copy of Maya Angelou poem that begins, " When I say I am a Christian" thank you

• Laura Burns (11/19/2013 11:24:00 AM) Post reply

Maya Angelou did not write that poem. The wrong attribution is a common one, though. The poem is by Carol Wimmer and can be found on her web site, which is under her name.

• Rookie - 0 Points Michael Hankinson (11/16/2013 5:05:00 PM) Post reply

Please assist if you can.

I urgently need to locate the copyright owner of these two poems by Fernando Pessoa, which may be translations from the Portuguese, as I want to use them in a new choral composition.

I don't have title but the first lines are:

1. The child with the golden hair
    lies on the crown of the road
    has his guts outside
    and by its' bit of cord
    a train
    and is unaware

2. The warm wind sweeps the deserted plain
    pierced by two bullets through and through
    he lies there dead and cold.
    Title may be " His mother's very own" .

• Rookie - 0 Points Jennya Alexeyeva (11/15/2013 3:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well, this isn't exactly me trying to find a poem I remember hearing once, but I'm looking for any good poem that has 100 words. Can you guys give me advice?Thanks! Also, Jennya here, nice to meet you guys. :)

• Laura Burns (11/16/2013 11:01:00 AM) Post reply

Shel Silverstein has a book of 100-word poems on the web available for free download, give it a search.

• Rookie - 0 Points Bob Deacon (11/14/2013 4:09:00 AM) Post reply

Hi PoemHunters

I am trying to find a poem which was published in the original version of The Mersey Sound in 1967. I cant remember the title but I can remember the the following lines. Daffodils grow in the shadows of your hair. Waterfalls in the hollows of your throat. Your body a bright lake seen between houses catching the early morning sun.

Does anyone know the title and author of the poem?

Bob

• Rookie - 0 Points Robert Macdonald (11/11/2013 7:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What poem contains this brief excerpt:

some ghaists haunt hooses,
    this ain haunts my hert,
    an' aye hearken for its lichtlie step

• Laura Burns (11/12/2013 10:44:00 AM) Post reply

" Some Ghaists Haunt Hooses" by Kate Bone. I do not have the poem, but it can be found in Catherine Kerrigan's book, An Anthology of Scottish Women Poets.

• Rookie - 0 Points Kris Begin (11/11/2013 7:00:00 AM) Post reply

Looking for a poem I heard in school many years ago that ends something like this: " and in a galaxy far away, a child makes a wish upon the star we loved and threw away"

• Rookie - 0 Points Candy Olea (11/10/2013 3:38:00 PM) Post reply

Hello
    I am trying to find a poem, for the program for my Aunt's funeral and all my cousins can remember is the last line is, " if you love me you will lay a yellow rose at my feet, " . I am not able to find this poem. If anyone can help me I would be so happy.

• Rookie - 0 Points Paul Davies (11/8/2013 1:10:00 PM) Post reply

Hello! Despite numerous online searches, I can't find the author of a particular poem, my partner wants to include it as a reading at their funeral (when such a time eventually transpires) . I managed to find the poem in its' entirety and what I desperately need to know is the title and author. Here it is and thank you in advance:

" I am in the wind that blows on a bitter cold day.
    I am the sunshine's one and only ray.
    I am in the laughter of every child playing.
    I am in the words that people are saying.
    I am the river roaring so fast.
    I am the line that has just been cast.
    I am the mountain so tall and steep.
    I am the animal that walks and creeps.
    I am in the baby's newborn cry.
    I am the brightest star in the sky.
    I am the song that has just been sung.
    I am gone but my life has just begun.
    I am in the tears of all those who weep.
    I am happy, and that promise I will keep.
    Do not cry for me for I am home,
    Forever in heaven I shall roam.
    Do not cry for me for I am here,
    I'll be with you always, so have no fear."

[Hata Bildir]