Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Fiona Thomson (1/29/2005 5:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I have been looking for a poem by Dixie Willson, called 'Honey Bear'. It starts off, 'Once upon a summer in the hills by the river
    Was a deep green forest where the wild things grew.
    There were caves as dark as midnight - there were tangled trees and thickets
    And a thousand little places where the sky looked through.'
    If anyone could help with the full text for the poem, I'd be delighted!
    Fiona

Replies for this message:
    • Joanne Steele (4/13/2005 4:02:00 AM) Post reply

A Poem for Peter Pan's Sister Once upon a summer in the hills by the river was a deep green forest where the wild things grew, There were caves as dark as midnight - there were tangled trees and ... more

• Kennedy Snow (3/23/2005 9:27:00 AM) Post reply

Did you find Honey Bear yet? KS, Vermont, USA

• Latasha Scott (1/28/2005 2:18:00 PM) Post reply

im looking for a poem called dear, fool its great

• Anna Davies (1/26/2005 1:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hello out there...just curious if anyone has a recommendations of a good poet...i like the beat generation..and i really love charles bukowski and D.A Levy. anyone know any others i may enjoy?
    ahh thank you all
    much peace an luv.

• Eric Paul Shaffer (7/1/2005 1:25:00 PM) Post reply

If you like Bukowski and Levy, you may like any of the following. I highly recommend the work of Lew Welch; his RING OF BONE is a classic. Then, check out Gary Snyder, Philip Whalen, Marge Piercy, A ... more

• Britt Alkire (5/5/2005 6:00:00 PM) Post reply

I like Denise Levertov. She is from the same period. Though more lyrical than someothers of her time, she writes often of isolation as a condition within, despair, etc. Let me know what you think ... more

• Eilidh Macalister (1/26/2005 10:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I was just wondering if anyone was able to post 'Shooting star (s?) ' by Carol Ann Duffy. I have heard of the poem a couple of times but can't find it anywhere.

Thanks very much

• Ingri Grimstad (3/14/2005 9:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Shooting stars By Carol Ann Duffy After I no longer speak they break our fingers to salvage my wedding ring. Rebecca Rachel Ruth Aaron Emmanuel David, stars on all our brows Be ... more

• Tiffany D (1/27/2005 4:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Is this the poem you are looking for? ~ Shooting Star ~ Shooting star. Oh, shooting star How bright? Oh, how divine! Please grant me this one wish That you would make him mine. We met no ... more

• Zev Shanken (1/21/2005 10:52:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking a line in a poem by James Wright that's something like this, 'I want to write the poems of a grown man.' I think it was in the poem whose title is something like this, 'To the Graduating Class of West Point.' I used to have the poem in Wright's Selected or Collected poems, but I lent the book out and now want to re-read the poem, but can't find the book nor remember the title well nor the exact line. Thanks for the help.
    - Zev Shanken

• Bloom Léopold (1/19/2005 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! ! ! Help me! ! ! I NEED really to read the poem of Beckett: Whoroscope! I've two VERY GOOD reasons: The first: I need it to finish my work on Descartes, and the second is, I LOVE BECKETT AND THE IRELAND! ! ! Well, that's all, so if someone could help me, or... I don't know, just, read me... My live might be more... glad! THANKS! ! !

• Silvana Perconti (1/19/2005 3:19:00 PM) Post reply

Hey guys,

I'm in a desperate need of a poem about Los Angeles;

The reason: I'm a German student at my last year, consequently I'm (hopefully) going to make my diploma (the so- called Abitur) this year. Therefore I have to write a research paper about a certain topic and because my 'Advanced- Course' is English, I chose the following topic:

'Patriotism in the United States: the presentation of American cities in selected songs and poems'

I tried really hard to find one...but unfortunately I did not succeed...
    so I thought or hoped that somebody here knows a few and thus could help me, because you have better 'relations' or possibilities.
    It is really really urgent!

Any kind of help is cordially welcome!

Thank you very very much in advance!

Greetings

Silvana

• Minerva X (1/13/2005 4:59:00 PM) Post reply

I am trying to find a poem about a 'boy cat' and a 'girl cat'. I believe that it originally appeared in Cosmopolitan magazine (UK edition) maybe 10 years ago and it may have been written by Irma Kurtz. It detailed how they grew old together and was very moving. Having recently lost my 'boy cat' I would love to read it again!

• Celina M. (1/8/2005 12:18:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for the origin of this line of poetry: 'How body from spirit does slowly unwind until we are pure spirit at the end'. Vice President Al Gore used it in his father's eulogy and it was quoted on a recent episode of The West Wing.

• Katie-may Cuffe (1/6/2005 6:58:00 AM) Post reply

There's a poem called 'Look Closer' [also known as 'Crabbit Old Woman'] by Phyllis McCormack. I once read a poem that had been written from the nurpoint of view as a sort of 'reply' poem. I don't know the name of it but it talks about them knowing that she's a person and wishing they had more time etc. please help if you have a clue what i'm talking about. thanks!

[Hata Bildir]