Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Shau Sha (5/28/2005 5:16:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I can't believe there isn't someone out there willing to help a soon to be ex-employee who wants to leave with a unique (for my workplace) send off by reciting a humorous poem.

Surely someone must be able to help?

Replies for this message:
    • Eric Paul Shaffer (6/30/2005 10:46:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings. Here's one that is famous in offices and cubicles around the world-especially for places that are less than fun to work in. FURTHER NOTICE by Philip Whalen I can't live in this wor ... more

• Victoria Hsu (5/23/2005 8:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi, I am currently working on a poetry analysis project. In order to complete it, I have to find a poem. I am looking for a poem that has a good metaphor, like 'Mother to Son, ' by Langston Hughes. Please help me find a good poem. Thank you for you time.

Victoria

• Amy Brown (5/28/2005 11:37:00 AM) Post reply

The Mirror by Silvia Plath has some great metaphors in it, open to many interpritations.

• elijah Idemudia (5/24/2005 4:56:00 AM) Post reply

here is A GOOD POEM TO MIND SIEVE: When the earth is without shape. Rumblings on a dark starless sea In the dark mist The lit eye of an hidden cove Winds with countless arms O ... more

• Cecilia Walker (5/22/2005 9:59:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem with the opening lines along the lines of'There is a shyness we have with someone we love'....and somewhere in the poem it says'For love is quiet and love is kind'....cant think of poet and it is one of my FAVOURITES!

• Donald Paterson (5/22/2005 7:46:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I studied at school. Can't remember the title or the author, though. All I recall is that it was about sailors eventually making landfallon an island. they dragged their boat up on the sand. That's all I know! I remember the atmosphere of the poem, an exotic mystery, but nothing else. can anyone help me?

• Kellyjaz King (5/20/2005 3:18:00 PM) Post reply

hi iam looking for a poems by tearsofpearls

• Tessa McNickle (5/20/2005 12:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm trying to look for a poem about nature that has the phase 'The flowers seemed dusty, their colors muted to gray.

Thanks to the people who give me help

• Shau Sha (5/18/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply

I've somehow, just managed to discover this site, don't know why I hadn't before. Anyway, it's fabulous. Not looking for a specific poem, but I am looking for suggestions as to a poem of short to mdeium length that I could use to say goodbye to my current place of work.

If it has humour and a poignancy then all the better. Suggestions? Offers to write one? I have four weeks to achieve this :)

• Betty Jones (5/17/2005 5:21:00 PM) Post reply

Trying to identify the poem quoted by Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday - 'If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice, my heart of dust beneath the sod would still rejoice.' The poem searches produce thousands of results, and the film sites are no help. My sister has been wanting to know about this poem for a long time.

• Chris White (5/14/2005 10:30:00 PM) Post reply

Im looking for a poem i heard years ago, it is about a boy who is drunk, and is with a girl, and tries to go farther than she wanted, and he gets mad and drives wrecklessly. He then gets in an accident, and i think it was the boy who regains consciousness and finds out the people in the other car were one of their parents. Forgive the vague details, as it has been many years. Thanks for your time.

• Sue Casey (5/13/2005 11:41:00 PM) Post reply

I should add It is called ' The Parable of Immortality'
    sorry I mispelled your name (Ellen)

[Hata Bildir]