Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Samantha Rogers (11/4/2005 3:16:00 PM) Post reply

Hello,
    A few years ago on the BBC 'Poetry Please' radio programme, Prunella Scales read Alfred Noyes's 'The Highwayman'. I have purchased all the 'Poetry Please' cassette tapes, but none of them has this particular version. Does anyone have a recording I could copy- I am desperate for this poem!
    Sam

• Stacie Alcorn (11/4/2005 3:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that I think is called suicide note but I am not sure who the author is. The only poems I can find with this name are not the right ones. This poem is written from an asian girls point of view, she is in college and has done bad in a class. She is standing outside of the window of her dorm and jumps. This is actually a poem based on something that happened. Does anyone know where I can find this poem or at least the author?

Replies for this message:
  • Helen Powell (11/3/2005 3:39:00 PM) Post reply

Please can anyone help me find a poem I have been searching for for so long? It is about a child shopping in 'God's Store'. I thought it was entitled 'God's Shopping Basket' but I have been unable to locate a poem with this title ANYWHERE. The poem rhymes and lists all the attributes we would wish to possess as a Christian person - ending with the question how much do I owe? But the answer is that the 'bill was paid long, long ago.'

• Azrael (11/2/2005 4:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

There is a poem I once heard and found. Since then I have forgotton the poet's name aswell as the poem itself. I do, however remember that it says something like 'oonga boonga voodoo you' or something similar to that. It's set in africa and is about a man who stumbles across a tribe. I think the poet was female if that helps any. If anyone could help me find this poem I would be grateful.

• Tom Hennessey (10/29/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply

looking for a poem about the authors thoughts on the meaning of friendship after the passing of an old friend

• Sarah Breden (10/28/2005 10:56:00 AM) Post reply

I have been looking for a poem for a good few years now and dont know the title or the author but wordered if anyone could help me. All I know is that it must be old as my grandma used to say it to me. The dits I remember are: - There off there off the race has begun
    there silken colours they flash in the sun

'It isnt a fortune but Oh its so sweet
    And you cant come to grief when the favorates meet.'

Hope someone can help me Many Thanks

• Melissa Morgan (10/27/2005 11:18:00 AM) Post reply

Does anyone know the name of the Bukowski poem, the one where he lists all the reasons one should not be a writer? It's kind of humorous. I couldn't find it here though, and I don't know the title, or if it has one.

• Mike Cox (10/27/2005 3:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am searching for a poem to print on a remeberance card for my grandmothers funeral. I would like something that reminds everyone of her and conveys that she is still here in all of us. She was the head of a large family about 60 people. She always wanted family to stick together and help each other. She was quite opiniated and spoke her mind. She was a leader in the community, the administrator of a nursing home for 30 years and the first female city commisioner in the city I live in. If anyone has a suggestion PLEASE PLEASE email me at the address below. I was just asked to do this for her funeral and only have 2 more days to find one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Cox
    mike@zorfox.com

• Sarah Breden (10/28/2005 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

I dont know if this helps but it helped me when I heard it Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. ... more

• C Y (10/24/2005 1:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

ok im looking for a poem or quote. its about love. start off like '...my girlfriend asks me if i like her. i said no. Do u want me? i said no. she me asked me if i would cry if she left. i said no. she started to cry. As she walked away i grabbed her and told her i dont like you i love you. I dont want you i need you. i wouldnt cry if you left i would die...' not the exact word but its pretty close. if you guys can help me find the original one please post it or something

• Kelly Moy (11/26/2005 2:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

all i can say is ya gotta know when to cash in your chips now is good soon is good there is that nice place on nobel

• Kelly Moy (11/26/2005 2:38:00 PM) Post reply

all i can say is ya gotta know when to cash in your chips now is good soon is good there is that nice place on nobel

• Kelly Moy (11/26/2005 2:38:00 PM) Post reply

• Pat Bain (10/21/2005 12:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i am looking for a 'silly' little poem (prose?) that says, 'when i grow old i'll wear purple; or some such thing. it is for a funeral reading; grateful for any help

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]