Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Kent Tang (12/27/2005 7:55:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone;

Can someone tell me which poem does the following lines belong to;
    ' cross craking, the ocean spills over then new hills hit into view with river cuts blue between them'

Please provide the title of the poem or the author.
    Thank You.

• Fred Galvez (12/23/2005 11:23:00 PM) Post reply

One of the most captivating and startling poems I've ever heard.. late one night about 30 years ago some puppeteers presented this Victorian Christmas scene with a grandmother in a rocking chair in a darkened room, slowly silently her puppet grandchildren came in and gathered around her. Slowly she stood in the dark with Christmas tree lights twinkling, and invited the children to ' Touch hands ' and she began reciting this poem which to this day haunts and mesmerizes me. Years later after many hours of research I found it in an anthology in Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh. I copied it and recited it over the years with friends ~ as it's magic melts hearts and joins them forever.. inadvertently one day I gave a copy of it away and unfortunately it reopeningmy drawer months later I discovered that the given copy was my last. now I search and search. I believe it'sname was 'a Vagabond Holiday ' or 'Vagabond Christmas ' with the phrase ' touch hands, touch hands ' as the key phrase.

Can you help locate it? Once found it is one unparalleled diamond ~

• Laci Leblanc (12/23/2005 1:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am searching for simply an enjoyable poem on the subject of trust or friendship. I'm not searching for any in particular. I would just like to read a few on those subjects for my own personal inspiration. I'm open to any suggestions from the members of this site as opposed to blindly searching and reading dozens of unsatifactory poems. Thank you.

Replies for this message:
    • Roger Skinner (5/25/2006 3:56:00 PM) Post reply

Try ASJ Tessimond's 'This is not love perhaps'...(line 5) ..but something written in a lighter ink, said in a lower tone, something, perhaps, especially our own... on this site under ASJ Tessimond... ... more

• Judy Snow (12/21/2005 2:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem with the lines (as I remember them) 'a chance encounter with radiance grows immortal in the heart'. Thank you if you can help.

• Fred Galvez (12/23/2005 11:29:00 PM) Post reply

have you searched the libraries ' key words and key phrases ' compendiums? Usually a phone call to the larger ones - Carnegie, New York Public, Yale, Berkley, Princeton will turn up a helpful librari ... more

• Valerie Rock (12/21/2005 11:58:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I read many years ago. It may be about Christmas but it definitley was about gifts. The line I remember most is 'I give you the gift of my presence'. It is refering to presence verses presents.
    Thanks

• Cherie-Anne Dearden (12/20/2005 5:38:00 AM) Post reply

I have to write an exam on a poem and hav done my best to interpret it but i'm so scared i've missed something. Does anyone know of a site where i can get interpretation and analysis form. PLEASE? ? ? ?

• Glenn Sinclair (12/19/2005 9:14:00 PM) Post reply

'Please can I go 'round again' - a poem I heard recited by Benny Hill years ago.

• Eileen Smith (12/18/2005 8:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that was given to a mother when her baby died in the hospital. It was a poem about why children die. I only remember the first line which starts: 'When God Takes little children into his fold.............
    And the last line: 'Angels are hard to find'. I don't remember the rest. Hopefully, some one may know this poem if they have lost a child or work in a hospital settig. Thanks, ems

• Sandra Smith (10/25/2006 11:51:00 AM) Post reply

I know this posting was from a very long time ago, and I don't know if you ever got a reply to it or not. Or if you ever found the poem. But, my little sister died from SIDS and that poem was on a car ... more

• chemin vert (12/12/2005 11:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

WENDY COPE
    There used to be poems by W. Cope here, why can't I find them any more?

• chemin vert (1/10/2006 3:42:00 PM) Post reply

thank you for your reply :)

• Ernestine Northover (12/13/2005 4:05:00 PM) Post reply

There used to be poems of Sir John Betjeman too, but they were taken off because PH had to pay royalties on them and therefore couldn't afford to do so. This may well have happened to the Wendy Cope o ... more

• Suhas Parandekar (12/8/2005 12:59:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem for which unfortunately I have very few clues. It had a part where there was a man on a ship going out to sea, there was probably a storm or a high wind and his hair was probably streaming in the wind. He might have been standing at the prow or at the helm, and he is gazing out in the mist or in driving rain, with a maniacal gleam in his eye, he has to do something, he is motivated by some internal or eternal instinct, and yet he could be safe and sound and taking care of those whom he loves, the poet asks an existential question, something like 'madman or saint' or 'mad man or king', must a man choose one or the other?

My apologies if this seems like a ridiculuous request, I think it was a very famous poet so it might ring a bell with someone. Thanks in advance!

[Hata Bildir]