Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Stephen Kohl (5/18/2006 5:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello,
    I'm looking for a poem that I first saw in the pages of a psychology text book.
    Poem was about a man (possibly named Jim? ?) who was tall, handsome, smart and admired by all.
    Although seemingly a content and successful, the man is living in despair as the last line of the poem reads something like ' and he put a bullet in his head'
    The reader is left with the impression that even the most seemingly happy and succesful person can be troubled.

Replies for this message:
  • Drew Willard (5/18/2006 1:43:00 PM) Post reply

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a poem or quotation that includes 'I hate to fall but fall for love'? ? ? ? The poet or artist might be young, male and has the initials BW.

• Cam Lee (5/18/2006 1:48:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem begins,

we where born of two black holes,
    me of my mother
    you of my own

• Tigerlily Jean (5/14/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply

'DANCE AS IF NO ONE WERE WATCHING'
    Does anyone recognize this phrase?
    Thank you.
    tigerlily46514@yahoo.com

• Tony Charlee (5/3/2006 7:21:00 AM) Post reply

Help! I need a poem about understanding poems. If anyone can give me one, I'd really appreciate it.

• Pamela Mangan (4/30/2006 5:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me find a poem, I think the title was Words although I am not too sure it goes something like this 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words will also hurt me, while sticks and stones break only skin words like ghosts will haunt me'
    If anyone has any information on this poem I would really appreciate if you could dropp me a line

• Evie Conrad (4/27/2006 5:54:00 PM) Post reply

Hi

I've been looking for the title, author and full text of a particular poem (or possibly song) for ages. The complete absence of information on it really puzzles me. Using Google, I followed a false trail to another poetry site but I'm pretty sure that the poem I saw there was 'inspired' by the (unknown) original, for which I'm looking. You see, the trouble is that 'my' poem was around in the 1990s, whereas the one on the web was alleged to have been written in 2003.

This is the unattributed quotation I saw.

'I know that people come to change... we'll grow apart. We'll pass with age... And so our friendship is a phase. But how I've loved these days.'

It's not 'I've loved These Days' by Billy Joel either!

This is a huge mystery and if anyone could solve it, I'd be really grateful. I have a hunch that the source is American because the 'author' of the 2003 poem lived in Missouri.

• Suzanne Toner (4/26/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Please help I am trying to find a poem that was read and a very dear friends funeral and I can only remember the gist of the poem not any lines.... It is a about a ship that is gettin further and further away and to us it is getting smaller and smaller but to the people waiting for it..it is getting closer and closer..... I think it may be from the 17th century. I know this is very vague but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it... thankyou

Replies for this message:
    • Roger Skinner Freshman - 2nd Stage (5/25/2006 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

Suzanne..look at Victoria Madden's entry..a few days earlier than your own

• Klo Klo (4/24/2006 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

people need ur help real bad this is alife and death situation could someone out there plizzzzzzzzzzz give me a poem list from city psalm by Benjamin Zephaniah! ! ! ! !

• Tiffany J (4/23/2006 7:42:00 AM) Post reply

I am trying to find a certain poem or short story. Its called 'the gift' its about a baby and how god is trusting you with it. At tne it says something like..'and then the mother let her child go' please help me find it. Thank you.

[Hata Bildir]