Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rachel Edmead (11/25/2005 6:17:00 AM) Post reply

i read a poem when i was 8 years old, and i remember crying in the classroom. i typed in some words into google, and i have found a line from it, but that is all. the poet or title would be of great help, thanks.
    'O sharp and golden thorn, if only i might feel you pierce my heart once more! '
    i think this is from it anyway, it was about a robin and a rose.

• Carole Parrish (11/24/2005 8:43:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that starts out 'Come little leave said the wind one day, Come with me and we will play'. I remember it from school years ago and cannot remember who wrote it or the rest of the words. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanx

• K S (11/14/2005 8:45:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem published in the New Yorker, I think in early 2002. Here's a quote: 'As if true love and its fraternal twin, the blues, possessed equally the powers of devotion and redemption.' Thanks!

• Catherine Lampi (11/14/2005 8:19:00 PM) Post reply

Hey i need the words to the poems The cat In The Hat...Green Eggs and Ham...In a people house! Thak You SOO much!

• Mike Smith (11/11/2005 4:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm trying to find a poem about a horse and his owner and they are going home in the snow. Its sounds crazy, but i just can't remember what it is called or the poet.

Replies for this message:
    • Bob Inkley (11/16/2005 7:53:00 PM) Post reply

Try 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening' by Robert Frost. It seems to fit your description.

• Lucy Locket (11/7/2005 3:30:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for literary criticism / teaching materials for Carol Ann Duffy's 'Shooting Stars'.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

• Jonathan Wright (11/6/2005 2:43:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey I'm looking for a poem that was a favorite of mine in high school, its called Ballad of Hell and Mrs. Roebeck. I believe its by Hilaire Belloc, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Richard George (11/27/2005 2:18:00 PM) Post reply

It's in Hilaire Belloc, 'Complete Verses' (Pimlico, London,1991) , p.129.

• Samantha Rogers (11/4/2005 3:16:00 PM) Post reply

Hello,
    A few years ago on the BBC 'Poetry Please' radio programme, Prunella Scales read Alfred Noyes's 'The Highwayman'. I have purchased all the 'Poetry Please' cassette tapes, but none of them has this particular version. Does anyone have a recording I could copy- I am desperate for this poem!
    Sam

• Stacie Alcorn (11/4/2005 3:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that I think is called suicide note but I am not sure who the author is. The only poems I can find with this name are not the right ones. This poem is written from an asian girls point of view, she is in college and has done bad in a class. She is standing outside of the window of her dorm and jumps. This is actually a poem based on something that happened. Does anyone know where I can find this poem or at least the author?

• Helen Powell (11/3/2005 3:39:00 PM) Post reply

Please can anyone help me find a poem I have been searching for for so long? It is about a child shopping in 'God's Store'. I thought it was entitled 'God's Shopping Basket' but I have been unable to locate a poem with this title ANYWHERE. The poem rhymes and lists all the attributes we would wish to possess as a Christian person - ending with the question how much do I owe? But the answer is that the 'bill was paid long, long ago.'

[Hata Bildir]