Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Bob Mosley (8/9/2006 7:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello,

There is a poem or song I am trying to remember the words to. It has these words I think,

From May til December,
    The days grow shorter.

Or something similar to this.

Any help appreciated,

Bob Mosley
    BMosley288@aol.com

Replies for this message:
    • Ernestine Northover (8/11/2006 10:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi Bob, It is a song called 'September Song', sung by Frank Sinatra, written by Anderson/Weill. Look on Lyrics on this site and put 'September Song' in the box and click on the circle for Song Tit ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Carl Towers (8/9/2006 5:37:00 PM) Post reply

I picked up a book a couple of years back in a library and read a poem which I found really moving but I can't remember who it was by or any phrases from it. All I can remember was that the image of smoke on a battle field gradually dispersing to reveal a situation far more favourable than was feared was used to
    encourage perseverance (or something along those lines) . It may not be much to go on but could anybody help?

• Rookie - 0 Points Jane Whitehead (8/8/2006 4:18:00 PM) Post reply

Hi I am having a naming ceremony for my baby daughter. Wondering if any one can suggest any poems for the occassion. Would really like to use some of a poem Spike Milligan wrote for his own daughter which was read on a BBC programme about him. Can anyone help?

• Rookie - 0 Points Jennie Hrubesky (8/7/2006 12:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem which contains the line 'Oh what a day when a little boy ran away'...My husband's father recited it to him when he was young, but we can't find it!
    Thanks!

• Chandan Roy (8/8/2006 12:13:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Jeannie... If I do come across such a poem I will send you the link here....Happy Searching! ! God Bless!

• Rookie - 0 Points Laura Smith (8/4/2006 8:57:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I'm looking for two poems: (I was once given a photocopy of a page with four poems on it by a writing teacher.)

One is about the desert, and ends:

'into an expanse of sand.
    Gestures you can never part from.'

Another is about a man taking a vacation but he was always too busy filming it to enjoy it. It ends, Ithink, 'he was never in it.'

Thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Charlie Button (8/1/2006 11:07:00 AM) Post reply

hi there, was jst wondering of you could help, I have been searching all day for a poem I heard before visiting dublin. it described the sea in the bay of dublin, the ambience was ominous and dark ish. I was in dublin, and someboby had graffittied a quote from this poem on a sign post warning people of the dangers of the sea. It all clicked in to place. I jst cannot remember for the life of me the poet or title any one any ideas? it may be yeats or robert louis stephenson, I have totally no clue!

• Rookie - 0 Points Eric Martin (7/28/2006 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

Ok people can you guys help me write a poem to my girl because she is everything to me and im moving and i don't know how to write a good good poem and ill miss her forever can u guys please help me?

Her name is Amber
    We have been together close to 2 months
    We met in school
    I liked her since day one in school.

Can you guys post a poem like

Amber im sorry, , , , , ..........

ill pay or what ever i have to do but please someone help me im moving in 3 days and i need to give it to her in 2 days someone help this is my last option

Eric.

IF you need more info on me and Amber (My girl) post and ill write more info but i hope someone can help me so much..
    Eric

• Rookie - 0 Points Linda Wentzel (7/26/2006 9:36:00 AM) Post reply

I was hurt really bad by a person that I thought was a really good friend. She made a comment about my kids that just in my opnion can not be taken back or anything she does or says can fix it. Can someone help me find a poem that fits this kind of situation.

• Rookie - 0 Points Lee Harrison (7/23/2006 10:45:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Whilst attending grammar school (high school) in England between 1964 and 1969, I remember reading a poem sometime between first and fourth years, which went something like this:
    ' What is this World, if full of care,
    We have no time, to stand and stare,
    No time wait, till her mouth can,
    Enrich that smile, her eyes began, ...'

I am not certain of the accuracy of the text, but the general gist is correct.

If someone can help, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

Lee.

• Luis Gumucio (7/27/2006 6:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear Lee, The poem you are looking for is 'Leisure', the author: William Henry Davies (1871- 1940) Kind regards from Santiago, Chile Luis Gumucio

• Rookie - 0 Points Nicole Yakiwchuk (7/23/2006 1:01:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I read a long time ago and I can only remember the first few sentences.
    On the road to love expect to see a broken branch a fallen tree. Slippery rock wet from tears lonely eyes and lonely years.
    If anyone know the rest I will be forever greatful.

[Hata Bildir]