Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Michael Jack (4/11/2006 7:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A while ago I read a poem/story, something about the stars only coming out once every hundred years or something. Does anybody know this poem? If so, let me know where I can find a copy?

Replies for this message:
    • Sue Thom (8/23/2006 3:55:00 AM) Post reply

Michael, you may be thinking of Isaac Asimov's short story 'Nightfall, ' which takes place on a world which has six suns. Only once every several thousand years do all of the suns set at once. Since ... more

• Kathleen Petitt (4/9/2006 5:36:00 AM) Post reply

i have page one of a poem i found on the internet some 4 years sgo. I believe the title is 'life' here is how a part of it goes..Life isnt about keeping score, it's not about how many friends you have or how accepted you are. Not about if you have plans this weekend or if you are alone.It isn't about if you are dating, who you use to date how many people you've dated, or if you been with anyone at all.It isn't about who you've kissed, it's not about sex....Any help finding this poem would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

• Katherine Gough (4/8/2006 10:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am hoping someone can help me with a Poem I am looking for by Yevgeny Yevtushenko.I am pretty sure it is titled 'Kisses in the Subway'. I need it for a school assignment in the next week.Can anyone help me please.
    Katherine

• Rejina Warner (5/10/2006 8:56:00 AM) Post reply

Katherine, Yevtushenko is the poet-in-residence at the University of Tulsa, where he teaches classes on a regular basis (utulsa.edu.) Perhaps, you could contact him or the library there for the ... more

• John Haymond (4/7/2006 2:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi Friends,
    I am trying to find a favorite poem without being able to recall the poet's name or the true title. I believe the title might be 'A Hole in the Air' or something akin. It starts out about the writer's dog disappearing which he doesn't think unusual, but on the third day he feels the loss as a hole, or space, in the air. As the poem developes, the poet comes to realize the loss of his dog, and the grief he feels, may be more about the fear of losing his true love and the 'rose-petaled dissolution' of that love. It is a lovely poem, and I lost the my only copy. It's possible the poet's first name waas John. If anyone can help me find this poem, I would be thrilled.
    Very Best!
    John

• Sandra Sinrud (8/4/2006 4:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

John, Since it's August now, I hope you found the poem MONTHS ago, but in case you didn't, the poem you're looking for is 'A Space in the Air' (you were close) and the author is Jon Silkin (close ... more

• Richard Conway (4/7/2006 3:38:00 AM) Post reply

Does anyone know the poem tha t the England cricket team used for inspiration last summer against the Aussies? It was about facing youself in the mirror.Please Please can anyone help.

• Carol Frost (4/6/2006 8:37:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for this poet.
    Once it was this, light washed time in salt, pale morning air
    then tumbled banging through a thousand afternoons.
    the smell of peonies.
    washed cotton.
    sun and earth.
    Will that exist if none is
    left to remember.
    Another day is gone.
    Thanks for your help

• David Jeffcock (4/4/2006 11:35:00 AM) Post reply

Can anyone help? I am trying to find the details of a poem containing the lines 'serene, victorious champions of the sky'.

• David Barry (4/4/2006 3:42:00 AM) Post reply

Hi..
    Iam looking for two poems or short stories I remember from my school days..
    1) a poem i think call The Loaded Dog...
    2) a poem i thought was called The Spider in the Jam tin by the Gwydir...
    Can any one help? ? ?
    Thanks
    David

• Gia Mcginley (3/30/2006 10:24:00 PM) Post reply

Hi everyone. I am looking for a poem that contains the line 'we are made of stars.' I believe it is one of the last lines. My fiance once loved it, but can't remember who wrote it, and I'd love to find it to surprise him on our wedding day. If anyone could help, I'd so appreciate it.

• Gaylan Bolz (3/23/2006 8:37:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem by Emily Dickinson. 'Hold dear to your parents-it is a scary and confusing world without them'.Thanks

[Hata Bildir]