Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Daniela Leva (6/12/2006 3:38:00 AM) Post reply

Hi I am looking for the poem (full text) of Dylan Thomas ' In the white giant's tight'... thank you in anticipation to all daniela

• Treasure Treasure (6/11/2006 10:25:00 PM) Post reply

Help...I need to find a poem and the sad thing is I am unsure of the title as well as most of the text. It may be called Time or What is Time? Some of the text reads:
    I asked an aged man with hoary hairs, wrinkled and curled with worldly cares; What is time?

Time is the warp of Life. Go tell the young, the gay to reap it well.

• april day (6/10/2006 12:30:00 PM) Post reply

I heard a poem written and read by Spike Milligan, shown on a tribute programn by the BBC after he'd died. he read the poem, about his daughter..I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know which poem this might be? It ws bout the passing of years/how quickly time passes etc

• Tim P (6/10/2006 7:00:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a good translation of Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 (Shall I compare thee..) to the Afrikaans language. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tim

• Dana Tyrrell (6/8/2006 1:01:00 PM) Post reply

hello all, im actually looking for this poem that was on a tv show called Six Feet Under, it was read at the main character, Nate's funeral but i didnt happen to catch the title or author, can someone help me out please? if anyone knows the details for that poem please message me, i appreciate it

sincerely, ~Dana! ~

• Nancy Bell (6/5/2006 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

I am desperately trying to recall a poem by Sandburg (I think) about the temporal aspect of life; it was in a high school lit book and discussed ancient times and how nothing last forever. I wish I could recall even a phrase from it but I can't. Does anyone know the poem I am trying to find? Thanks so much!

• Cassondra Wilson (6/2/2006 3:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, There are actually three poems I am looking for. Two of them I haven't read in over a year and the other I lost.

One is about a Drunk Driver who hit someone and the sober person is the one on the ground with the voices fading and it feels like sharp knives going through him

Two, Is about alittle girl who calls the operator for the number to heaven

Three, Is about alittle girl going to school, and is supose to bring their dad but she could. And everyone thought he was a dead beat but when she got up she said that her dad died in the Twin tower and that he leaves her a single rose.

I really hope someone can help me, I have been trying to find these poems for ages.

• Nicole Gerein (5/30/2006 12:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi everyone i'm looking for a poem it's about a girl in a drunk driving accident and she tells the paramedic to tell her mom and dad a bunch of stuff and the police officer tells the paramedic the other vechicle was the girls mom and dad anyone know what poem i'm talking about? ? ? ?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Smith (8/4/2006 9:02:00 PM) Post reply

There are probably a lot of poems written about the topic, but I think you might be talking about one published in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul- Vol 2., I think. I don't have it anymore, but mayb ... more

• Travis Jobe (5/28/2006 6:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

I have been looking for a poem by Dixie Willson, called 'Honey Bear'. It starts off, 'Once upon a summer in the hills by the river
    Was a deep green forest where the wild things grew.
    There were caves as dark as midnight - there were tangled trees and thickets
    And a thousand little places where the sky looked through.'
    If anyone could help with the full text for the poem, I'd be delighted!

Replies for this message:
    • Lindsay Cannon (7/20/2007 12:23:00 AM) Post reply

Hope that you somehow check the reply to this post. My aunt was searcing for this poem as well and came across this article http: //www.seventhdaybaptist.org/images/7DB/PDF/May05%20SR%20Issue.pdf. T ... more

• Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 8:04:00 AM) Post reply

Lastly, another e-bay posting (sounds expensive) : eBay – literature, antique books and biography items on eBay.com Find literature, antique books and biography items on eBay. Browse a huge selec ... more

• Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 7:51:00 AM) Post reply

I also found a copy of the book 'honey bear' on e-bay: Results 21 - 30 of about 50 English pages for dixie willson biography 'dixie willson'. (0.19 seconds) eBay - willson, Industrial Supply, M ... more

• Tom Rohr (8/12/2006 7:15:00 AM) Post reply

I came across a referance to this poem a ... more

To read all of 5 replies click here
  • Roger Skinner (5/25/2006 3:27:00 PM) Post reply

Just downloaded a very full collection of poems by ASJ Tessimond, , , very generously offered on this site! ..But the two poems I really relished some decades ago do not appear...where can I download the?
    They are 'Portrait of a Romaantic' 1st line...He is in love with the land over the next hill and the next, the room beyond the looking glass, with the bird that is never caught...' AND (I think) 'Thoughts from middle Age'.... and do you prefer this level country.....would you give all this up for rounded thighs and eyes you drowned in? .... (as best I recall from a 1950's Putnam anthology) Grateful for any pointers.

[Hata Bildir]