Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Roger Bowman Rookie - 1st Stage (12/12/2006 6:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This Friday as every Friday since last Friday is booze night with crazy poemos and stories so u r all welcome to write something and add it to ur list, if u like.

All the best and more
    Roger

Replies for this message:
    • Vein More (12/13/2006 2:26:00 AM) Post reply

Big HELLO! I just posted some poems you can talk about. I hope I'm there to demostrate it as I usually perform acts of...you know...kinda weird. Just let it booze off and it could give that loving fee ... more

• Sun Bai Rookie - 1st Stage (12/12/2006 6:04:00 AM) Post reply

My question is about Eugene O'neill's poem 'Even as a child'.It's a poem of deep thoughts, and it sounds like a monologue of the great playwright.I like it very much, and I want to quote it in my research.But it appears only on this website.In 'Eugene O'neill's poems: 1912-1944' collected by Donald Gallup I can't find it.So, can the member who submitted this poem tell me from where or what materials you found this masterpiece?
    Thanks!

• Niccy Hallam Rookie - 1st Stage (12/8/2006 9:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hey, my grandma asked me to help her find this poem, she doesnt know who its by or what its called but if anyone knows this poem it would mean so much to her if she could hear it just once more, she only remembers just a few lines

'time you old gypsie, will you not stay
    pack up your caravan, if just for one day'

if anyone knows just a small detail please dont hesitate to email me niccyh@gmail.com

thank you in advance

niccy

• Niccy Hallam (12/11/2006 9:55:00 PM) Post reply

wow, thank you so so so much! my grandma will be so happy, she learnt it in school and i was reading her a few of my favourite poems and then she told me about this one and she said how much she lov ... more

• Mark English (12/9/2006 5:08:00 AM) Post reply

I'm sure the poem you're looking for is 'Time, You Old Gipsy Man', by Ralph Hodgson: Time, you old gipsy man, Will you not stay, Put up your caravan Just for one day? ... more

• Lou Shandra Wright Rookie - 1st Stage (12/8/2006 9:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'M DOING MY SENIOR PROJECT IN HIGH SCHOOL ON POETRY AND SO I'M MAKING A BOOK OF POETRY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO SUBMIT SOME POEMS. U'LL BE FULLY CREDITED FOR UR PARTICIPATION PLEASE! ! ! ! ! (^_^)

• Vein More (12/13/2006 2:29:00 AM) Post reply

HELLO! I just posted some of my all-original poems and I hope you can use it in your book. These are quite powerful so just take good care of these and get high with it. Vein More

• Roger Bowman Rookie - 1st Stage (11/30/2006 4:53:00 PM) Post reply

Any French or French speakin fellow poemhunters out there could tell me your opinion for Le chasseur de l'esprit.Its my poemo Mindhunter in French though I dont know French, with a little help of a friend of mine I manage to write it.
    Thanks
    Roger

• Lou Shandra Wright Rookie - 1st Stage (11/28/2006 10:12:00 AM) Post reply

I'M DOING MY SENIOR PROJECT IN HIGH SCHOOL ON POETRY AND SO I'M MAKING A BOOK OF POETRY WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO SUBMIT SOME POEMS. U'LL BE FULLY CREDITED FOR UR PARTICIPATION PLEASE! ! ! ! ! (^_^)

• Roger Bowman Rookie - 1st Stage (11/27/2006 2:11:00 PM) Post reply

What do you all think of organising a day for booze? Let say Friday and we write about our favourite drinks and crazy stories relating to booze and call it
    'Friday night is pie-eyed night.'Francesca Johnson gave me the idea and the name.

• John Mc Loughlin Rookie - 1st Stage (11/22/2006 7:17:00 AM) Post reply

Hi I am trying to find the following poetry By The Irish Poet John Montague.They are The Locket, The Cage. There is some poetry on the site for John Montague, not the ones I am looking for.I would appreciate if anyone can give a website link to find the above Thanks

• Nina Attridge Rookie - 1st Stage (11/19/2006 2:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi this is the first time so hope you can help. Im looking for the poem Leisure by W H Davies

• Mark English (11/20/2006 2:07:00 PM) Post reply

You can read it here at http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/leisure/

• Evangeline Auld Rookie - 1st Stage (11/9/2006 7:04:00 PM) Post reply

Can anyone recommend a book of poetry all about animals please? Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]