Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Duncan Robertson (1/19/2007 8:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help me to find the Poem written by Will H Ogilvie which contains this verse.
    When you lay me down to slumber no spot you can choose
    But will ring to the rhythm of galloping shoes
    And under the daisies no grave be so deep
    But the hooves of the horses shall sound in my sleep
    Thanks for anybody's help

Replies for this message:
    • Mark English (1/19/2007 12:38:00 PM) Post reply

I'd better not copy the whole poem since it's still in copyright, Ogilvie having died in 1963, but you can find it at http: //www.wylieww.com/hooves/hoovesofthehorses.htm

• Rose Eisenhower (1/17/2007 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

Hi I'm looking for a poem by Ranier Maria Rilke. It starts with the line 'In deep nights I dig for you like treasure', and I believe it is part of the 'Book of Hours' but there are 122 poems by this poet here on poemhunter and i was just wondering if anyone knew Rilke's work well enough to narrow my search. Thank you very much!
    ~rose

• Nick Pappas (1/16/2007 11:59:00 PM) Post reply

This one is quite a tough one...
    the last part of the last line is 'passion's sweet fire'... it's about an angel falling in love with a human and it's upsetting the balance between heaven and hell... i've only remembered that part of the poem... just looking to see if anyone else can help me find it. thanks!

• Rebecca Schultze (1/15/2007 6:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for an Emily Dickinson poem which ends '...faithful be
    To Thyself,
    And Mystery-
    All the rest is Perjury-

Can anyone help? Thanks!

• Mark English (1/16/2007 12:24:00 PM) Post reply

You almost have the whole poem already. In full it goes 'Lad of Athens, faithful be / To Thyself, / And Mystery— / All the rest is Perjury.'

• Lou Shandra Wright (1/12/2007 9:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I NEED POEMS SUBMITTED TO ME FOR A BOOK I'M MAKING FOR MY SENIOR PROJECT I NEED TO GRADUATE. PLEASE

• Kristin Baker (1/12/2007 6:09:00 AM) Post reply

The author is Carl Sandberg, but this doesn't seem to be available through the sites I know. Bits of it: You were made for joy child... the feet of you were carved for that... the ankles of you were carved for that...
    Anybody know it?

• Jill Peacock (1/12/2007 12:23:00 AM) Post reply

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF A POEM THAT IS SOMETHING LIKE- AT THE DAWN OF THE DAY I REST MY HANDS UPON MY HEAD AND THINK BACK ON HOW IT ALL CAME TO BE- YOU SEE IVE LEARNED IN TIME THAT ABUSIVE PEOPLE TEACH YOU-
    SOMETHING LIKE THAT ANYONE PLEASE AND THANK YOU

• Deborah Evans (1/11/2007 8:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello,

I'm looking for a poem for an elderly relative it is called 'The Deer and the Prophet'. Does anyone know anything about this poem; I can't find it anywhere. Hope someone can help

Regards

• Neil Betteridge (5/17/2007 2:24:00 AM) Post reply

Me too! Did you find it? I think the first line is: 'One early morning pink and grey as early mornings are in May' or something. If you hear anything about it I'd be very grateful if you could let me ... more

• Jennifer Schals (1/10/2007 12:51:00 PM) Post reply

There was a radio program here in montreal that had a canadian poet reading from a book, songs of the purple fungus I think was the title, but I did not catch the poets name and I havent been able to find anything on the internet. The poems were about robots and strange things like that. Are there any other places I can look?

• Sarah Wright (1/7/2007 9:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi
    I'm looking for a poem that I studied in French. I thought it was by Victor Hugo about his child/grandchild but haven't been able to find it. I think it starts 'j'ai du fruit d'or, j'ai du rose' I don't have a clue what its called though!
    Thanks

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]