Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Tania Banania (5/25/2007 4:02:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Im looking for a poem called 'Road 1904'. It's about a woman picking up an abandoned baby in the middle of road of a war-torn country. There is aline in the poem that goes 'Heavy as lead Heavy as the Dead' if that helps. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could find it online for me. I have searched google and yahoo and on this site and cannot find it anywhere...

• Zj Jj (5/24/2007 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

Im looking for a poem that would remind you of a football movie. You know like how the team isnt very good but the last game that win by just a little. I need a poem that would remind you of a song that starts playing right before the team wins the game. Any help would be appreciated.

• Dee Ward (5/23/2007 7:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that surprised me years ago. I do not remember who wrote it or the name of it for sure. the name of it is something like 'why should I love you' one verse of it goes 'David stands a head above you, Dick's as brave as Lancelot' The ending was such an unexpected surprise when I originally read the poem I copied it and carried it around for about 3 years. I want to share the poem with my daughter and cannot find it. I had always associated it with Emily Dickenson but I think I am mistaken about that.

Replies for this message:
  • Marie Vigil (5/20/2007 12:27:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, I am looking for poems by the writer Versa Clark, but I haven't been able to locate any. If anyone ever happens to find one please reply to this.

• Melvyn Newton (5/16/2007 4:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hi there,

I heard a lovely poem called The Unloved by Kathleen Raine on Radio 4 last Sunday night. I've searched everywhere I can think of on the web for it without success. Anyone got any ideas or a copy they can email. Thx, Melvyn

• Ann Richard (5/14/2007 3:25:00 PM) Post reply

Hey everyone i REALLY need your help!
    I am writing a 15 page literary Analysis paper on langston hughes vs don l lee. i am no expert on poerty and i was wonder if anyone can suggest some poems by the two that compare, thank you so much!

• Caroline Osborne (5/14/2007 9:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

can anybody help! my dad (an old sailor!) quotes random lines from a coleridge (samuel) poem but we dont know the title. which poem mentions the quinquereme of ninevah? be glad of any help. caroline.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (5/28/2007 8:37:00 AM) Post reply

Could your dad actually be quoting from 'Cargoes' by John Masefield, which begins with the phrase you quoted?

• Austin Borgstede (5/13/2007 9:29:00 PM) Post reply

Hello,
    I need help finding a good poem that has a 'disdainful' tone to it, I have been looking and, to put it in a nutshell, I am not very good with poetry. I have to be able to write a two page paper explaining how the poem has a 'disdainful' tone to it, if you could help, I would really appreciate it!

Thank You So Much,

Austin Borgstede

• Simon Murray (5/12/2007 10:15:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that starts something like

He is not gone, that friend who ever true
    Kept pace in pace in step with you

Thanks, if you can help and thanks for looking if you can't

simon

• Marina M (5/8/2007 3:54:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I know a part of a poem by Richard WILBUR but I need the translation of this poem (which I do not know the name) in spanish. Can anybody help me? ]
    What I know of it is as follows:

All we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of what we know. - Richard Wilbur

Thanks,
    Marina

[Hata Bildir]