Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Andrea Gambardella (2/26/2008 7:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for George MacDonald poem...'Where do you come from, baby dear? , Out of the everywhere into the here'

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (2/27/2008 3:50:00 PM) Post reply

You can find it as a PDF at: http: //pastordavidrn.com/files/BABY.pdf

• Dirk Velten (2/24/2008 5:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem I read years ago about a woman who has lost one breast (or perhaps both) to cancer and a man who is too uncomfortable about that to be with her in physical intimacy. The image that stands out comes at the end of the poem. She has left him a bowl of fresh flower petals beneath which it is filled with dry, dead bees. I'd love to pass it on to someone and appreciate any help in finding it. Thanks.

• Ophelia Joseph (2/18/2008 5:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi,
    I am looking for a poem written, I am sure, by a female britsh poet.
    The poem was included, I think, in the book 'The Nations Favourite Poems' by the BBC.
    The poem is quite short and was towards the front of the book.
    It was about being a mother and ended in a line similar to this; 'this is my life, pass it on'.
    The author was trying to convey how she had given her life to raise her children.
    I can't get to the library and I desperately need it. I have tried many kinds of searches but without the author or the name of the poem it is proving very difficult.
    I'd be thrilled if someone has the book or knows the poem and can help me!
    Many thanks,

Linz.

• Laura Burns Rookie - 1st Stage (2/18/2008 6:57:00 PM) Post reply

I don't think the poem is online, being still under copyright. It is 'The Mother' by Anne Stephenson.

• Diane Dellobuono (2/15/2008 2:42:00 PM) Post reply

I heard a poem a LONG time ago, and can not remember the title or anything. It was written about/as if an alien watched the earth from above. Seeing the freeway and making mention of how you could see the insides of the creatures. Some had one moving thing/others had lots. (meaning the people in the cars) I am sure this is a VERY OLD poem. Heard it when I was in school, ages ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Diane

• Amanda Pickett (2/14/2008 7:20:00 AM) Post reply

Hi all, I am afet some help. I am to be married in Sept abd am looking for a poem that would be suitable for a civil ceremony. Does anybody have any ideas, they will all be gratufuly recieved. Thanks

• John Moore Moore (2/7/2008 3:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

can anyone tell me if i can download or view reservoir street by charles causley

• Tini Komalasari (2/7/2008 2:27:00 AM) Post reply

i am looking for a poem that begin with thw sentences: once in a life you'll find someone that turn whole your world around. my vionce give me the poem but i lose it, now i want to read this poem for him in our marriage, please help me. this poem telling about the feeling when we find our partner in life. we fill comfort when being near him eventhough we didn't talk a words. could you help me? thank you

• Nicki Davis (2/7/2008 12:11:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem about a guy who moves to where it snows... He starts out very happy and by the end he is completely miserable and hates the snow. It is very funny and a few years old. If you have it please email me Slycatjr@hotmail.com
    TYVM

• Vivienne **** (2/5/2008 12:17:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for the long version of Hickory Dickory Dock that includes the verse The cill was just a leap away and quicker than a minute, mousey landed on the tart and stuck his face right in it. The cherry juice came bubbling out and stained his fur quite pink, so mousey had to take a shower inside the kitchen sin, etc. etc.

I had this in book form about 30 years ago for my own children, but would now like to read it to my grandchildren.

Can someone help?

• Stephen Jeske (1/31/2008 2:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I need to find a poem we learned as children. It starts, in potters field .

Also the poet's name.

• Marcie Wyatt Rookie - 1st Stage (1/31/2008 10:13:00 PM) Post reply

http: //www3.baylor.edu/~Jesse_Airaudi/stillfallstherain.htm

[Hata Bildir]