Learn More

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Jenny Blake (7/5/2008 1:36:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I am looking for a poem for my mother, about a welsh miner who stole bread to feed his children which she read as a child approximately 72 years ago - anyone any ideas please.

• Rookie Tabitha Snyder (7/4/2008 11:38:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem I read in school about 12 years ago. It's understandable if the information is a bit too vague for any real answers, but I'd love it if someone could even point in a direction.

All I can remember about the poem is this:
    - I read it in a British Literature class.
    - It was about how people have become desensitized to the fact that their food is from actual plants and animals and instead buy pre-packaged processed food items in neat little plastic wrapped containers.

I can't really tell you anymore but I've been wanting to find this poem for years and never really knew where to start since I don't even know the author or title.

In other words - Please help me!

• Rookie Jane Tonks (7/4/2008 1:38:00 PM) Post reply

I am searching for an ancient love poem-Roman or Greek, or from the middle ages perhaps? I read it many years ago in an anthology. All I can remember about it was that it was from a woman to her lover. Her lover was reticent, and was wasting time by not showing his feelings, not being very affectionate. I know this isnt much information, but does this ring any bells with anyone?

• Rookie Barb Gilman (7/4/2008 11:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

My father died this past February. He would always recite a poem which I believe to be 'Georga Da Wash' by TA Daly. It was about George Washington and the story of telling his father about chopping down the cherry tree. It is similar to the poems by TA Daly on this site but a little different. I believe he memorized this in grade school in the late 1940's. Can anyone help me find this poem? It would mean a lot to my siblings and me.

Replies for this message:

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Rookie Annette White (7/3/2008 5:03:00 AM) Post reply

am seeking the full lyrics to complete the following poem/quotation please] But the moments passed. The storys told. And Babes grow up, and the days unfold, And peppermint kisses are gone, like time. Gone with the days of pantomime.thank you

• Rookie Megan Rockwell (7/1/2008 2:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that contains something along the lines of 'I am Henri, ' or 'they call me Henri.' I remember reading this poem in 12th grade English. I really can't remember much else, but it definitely has the name Henri somewhere in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Rookie Laura Burns (7/1/2008 8:24:00 PM) Post reply

Is this it? WORK SONG by Mark Levine My name is Henri. Listen. It’s morning.I pull me head from my scissors, I pull The light bulb from my mouth – Boss comes at me While I’m still blinki ... more

• Rookie Joe Barlow (6/28/2008 5:54:00 PM) Post reply

G'day all!
    As a boy in the 1940s, an elderly neighbour of ours always recited a paticular poem at concerts. The only words that I can now remember 60 odd years later are: ' he was in it but not in it'. Does anyone know this poem..thanks for any reply.

• Rookie Lynn Kuenzi (6/25/2008 5:10:00 PM) Post reply

When my Mother was a school girl she recited a poem as if it was written by a little girl. The little girl complained because there were always so many guest that there wasn't room for her at the table. She said that when she grew up, she was going to have a table that stretched out to the garden gate. Does anyone know this poem? My Mother would have recited it in about 1912-1915. Thanks, Lynn

• Rookie - 4 Points Kyle Hamp (6/25/2008 12:31:00 PM) Post reply

i've 2 new poems.
    'Division' and 'Strange, She'.
    review...
    go. go.

• Rookie Wendy Borthwick (6/22/2008 7:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help to identify the poem by George Meredith that formed the basis / idea for the music by Ralph Vaughan Williams entitled, 'The Lark Ascending'? Many thanks for any help.

Wendy B

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]