Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Bronze Star - 7,381 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (6/13/2014 11:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I likes to read Tomas Transformer's poems in this site and also the Seamus Haney's poems.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (6/14/2014 12:05:00 PM) Post reply

You need to go to the " contact us" link on this web site and post your request under " Suggestions and Requests."

• Bronze Star - 7,381 Points Lee Darragh (6/13/2014 9:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem by Robert Frost about a young boy asking a man about whether the man had seen a flag flying at the school. I cannot recall the title.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Bronze Star - 7,381 Points Lee Darragh (6/13/2014 9:22:00 AM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem by Robert Frost about a small boy asking a man whether he saw the flag flying at a school when he walked by. It's a great flag day poem, but I can't recall the name of it.

• Rookie - 12 Points Brian Naugher (6/10/2014 5:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem I read a while back concerning a daughter who promised her mother she would not drink and drive whilst at her friends party but is herself the victim of a drunk driver?

• Laura Burns (6/10/2014 9:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Here is one: " Somebody Should Have Taught Him" author: unknown I went to a party, And remembered what you said. You told me not to drink, Mom, so I had a Sprite instead. I fe ... more

• Rookie - 19 Points Keith Sifelani (6/9/2014 1:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Looking for a poem by Neruda that starts by saying:
    I dont love u except because i love u.

• Rookie - 19 Points Julian Clark (6/5/2014 6:16:00 AM) Post reply

I came across a poem in an anthology that praised a lady for her excellence as a translator.

English (!) approx 25 lines, rhyming couplets (pentameter) , approx 1650 - 1750, theme: the (English) lady's good qualities, but especially the art of translation.  
    Sadly, all those 'parameters' are fuzzy-edged. 

• Rookie - 19 Points Freddie Lind (5/24/2014 6:10:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem, I know it's something modern, like Beckman or Dickman.

It is sort of a minimalistic poem, and it goes something like this:

trees, and more trees
    and beyond the trees
    nothing but skies

It is longer than this, but these are the few fragments that I can still remember.

Would love your help, such a beautiful poem.

• Rookie - 19 Points Winifred Thorpe (5/16/2014 4:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

'I' m looking for funny poems for friends in hospital,

• Tweetspeak Poetry (5/18/2014 12:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What kind of funny poems were you hoping for?You could definitely pick up a copy of Shel Silverstein's 'Where the Sidewalk Ends.' It's children's poetry, but it's smart and funny. Or if your friend li ... more

• Rookie - 19 Points Muile Asteg (5/13/2014 10:43:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for a poem about a woman that is visited by her dead lover, he takes her on his horse and they ride until they reach a graveyard where he's buried.

• Rookie - 19 Points Jake M (5/11/2014 11:08:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings. I'm trying desperately to find a poem I read in college about 4-5 years ago. I could've sworn it was titled " Marzipan." I seem to remember it was about a woman at some kind of party making chit-chat and blurts out that her mother commit suicide. That's all I have to go on, but I really would love to read this poem again (it still sticks out in my mind after all this time!)

Please help me find it. Thanks in advance.

[Hata Bildir]