Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

• Mohammad Skati (9/2/2014 2:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Dear members, have you heard about a poem called " The Cup's Reader " ?Please if anyone knows, then support it with any information about it. Thanks.

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (9/2/2014 3:23:00 PM) Post reply Stage

You can find it on Dr. Inaam Perriman's literary translation blog. He teaches at King Saud University.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (9/1/2014 10:26:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I likes the poems of seamus haney and also Tomas Transformer the great poets. And also the reviews on their poems in this columns if available.

• Anita Canada (8/31/2014 7:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

My brother was killed on his motorbike. I'm looking for a beautiful poem or verse that I heard once about 'suffer or hurt no more'. It was about how he can no longer be hurt.
    I'd like to read this at his eulogy.

• Laura Burns (8/31/2014 4:14:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Not sure if this is it: Peacefully sleeping, resting at last, His weary trials and troubles past; In silence he suffered, in patience he bore, Till God called him home to suffer no more.

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (8/29/2014 7:43:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i am looking a poem from any one who has critical history, who face a critical problems, whose history is unique and i look poem from the nature beauty with love and romantic effectionate between boys and girls.

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 3:07:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear poets and dear members, please pick any poem, so we can analyze it fully. Thanks.

• Tom Dehn (8/28/2014 9:34:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i am looking for a poem that my uncle had to memorize when he was in grade school early to mid 1950's. It was about a man who traveled daily on a train (or maybe it was a worker on the train) . He sees an old house and decides to buy it. He fixes it up and then donates it. Thats all I got. He went to a catholic grade school so it my be religious. Likely not very long cause he had to memorize it..

Thanks for any help

Tom

• Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:07:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear members. What do you think about summarizing certain poems to certain poets daily?Thanks.

• Muhammad Mohebujjaman (8/26/2014 10:47:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Does anyone has English translation of Jasimuddin's poem " Polli Jononi" ?Please help me.

• Pranab K Chakraborty (8/25/2014 12:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Can't remember the poem, please anybody....

EVEN PAIN
    THAT IS A GOD
    TO THE SENSES

• Mohammad Skati (8/23/2014 9:39:00 AM) Post reply Stage

" THE WASTELAND " is a great a poem by the great poet T.S.ELIOT. I am looking for other poets to share reading, explaining, and commenting on this poem. Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]